/ag/&/am/: audio general & audiophile memes

Weekend Is Upon Us Edition

Attached: vinyl-gud-jbl-bad.jpg (540x536, 279K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/262840822680
old.reddit.com/user/direstraitsfan98
youtube.com/watch?v=NmNYrU2wEnI
youtube.com/watch?v=7aEtmPmdn04
soundcloud.com/bludlo/what-she-want
us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=hificomponents&ProductId=HDCD1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ye Old Thread

Attached: no kitty no.jpg (800x533, 135K)

bowers wilkins
i dont luv ya
no more

Attached: british soun d.jpg (960x1280, 144K)

>bowers wilkins
I was considering a few of their midranges for a project. But no, they tripled the price on those parts during a temporary supply shock. The supply is back to normal, but the prices are still stratospheric.

hmm why not get something from the used market

although their tweeters are almost always pushed in

pic not related

Attached: apolyt.jpg (600x749, 63K)

Attached: coral smorgasbord.jpg (675x900, 43K)

I've been out of vinyl for a while and all my old gear was decent but old school and is long gone (My Garrard Lab 80, Fisher 400). I'm thinking of setting up a vinyl rig exclusively for Jazz and great albums that are worth playing in one shots like Dark Side of the Moon, Abby Road, Graceland, anything from the ECM catalog I can get my hands on... shit like that. Was thinking Rega Planer 2, and either the Brio or try to find that Fisher 400 again. I've got some of the older Dennis Murphy Affordable Accuracy monitors based on the Pioneer speaker but I might drop some money into Harbeths.

found these
but the some of the drivers are dented

Attached: 00B0B_kHNiDgG4vn5_1200x900.jpg (997x900, 64K)

mmm

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1000x746, 137K)

Too much Mc.

Attached: 00000_dnwvwxIYKMO_1200x900.jpg (1200x900, 87K)

Sounds like fun. If you go looking for another Fisher 400 make sure it's been recapped and has safety resistors for the tubes (or do it yourself). Keep the power rating in mind when selecting speakers.

Attached: 00707_haQyW7ts8IH_1200x900.jpg (675x900, 35K)

that's a very expensive setup.. but then i saw the record player and lost all fucking respect. that's one cancerous piece of shit.

JBL studio monitors are so good looking

Attached: Audio_Setup_Gross.jpg (951x634, 178K)

I'm planning to buy a pair of Q100s because I hear they have good soundstage and are good at nearfield, but I also heard they are treble heavy, and after listening to Beyer headphones I think I might be too sensitive too treble.

Is it not too annoying/silibant/fatiguing, or should I look for an alternative? If so, how comparable are the Polk S15 (they're at a similar price)?

Polk is likely a step or two down. Consider speakers in the same price category as Q100 with silk dome tweeters if you are concerned about treble. Sometimes a piece of sheer fabric over a metal tweeter can fix treble sensitivity.

You know, I wouldn't mind the Crosleys and similar shit if it weren't for the lack of pitch/speed control. Technically they have a dial somewhere, but you have to tear the machine apart to access them.

They have a prominent treble but I don't find it annoying. I use an AT440MLA cartridge, which is known to be bright and it's fine. It was too much until I realized I should have gain at 42dB, not 48. Still, something to keep in mind when system matching.

>posting crosley in Op

Dented dust caps dont affect performance so it's all good

Rack between speakers, man. No need saying more.

Tweeter's dented too, that matters.

Thanks, anything else I should look in that range? Imaging is a priority for me as I'd like to take a break from the very narrow soundstage of my HD600s.

I'll keep it in my mind, thanks. I think I'm going to go listen to them tomorrow as they're used and 5 years old, so I'll check the treble and if they're a good condition.

>Rack between speakers
Stop forcing this meme

But he's right. There is absolutelty no need in all this garbage between the speakers. It only show a problem with owner's mental health.

Referring to yourself in third person is unhealthy.

Whatever schizo.

There's literally nothing wrong with crosleys.

Sup lads. QX guy here. The Elac B6 arrived today

I know XLR cables don't sound better, but they can remove interference as far as I know. Is xlr only balanced when both ends are using xlr, meaning having an xlr output on your amp going to xlr in the back of your speaker?

is rca out (amp) to xlr cable not truly 'balanced'? I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get rid of some interference i'm hearing in my right speaker with a cheap rca to xlr cable.

>pushed in tweeters/dustcaps
WHY DO I SEE THIS SO MUCH
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

owners have children, children like to touch things, touch things equal ruin things

so the Elac B6 are definately not worth 350€ a pair.. maybe 200€

my QX2 shit on them very distinguishably

I hate the rack between speakers look also. I'm working on my media setup and trying to place the equipment out of the field of view when watching movies and then just having my LCRs have banana stub wall plates they connect to for a cleaner look. Trying anyways. Easier said than done on an exterior wall. Gotta run hdmi and ethernet and all that too.

I have golden ears and a $25k reference system

Attached: 7845983981985467.jpg (1536x2048, 1M)

but can it run crysis?

what is the relationship between definitive technology and golden ears? anything?

how do i get the ringing out of my ears so i can enjoy music as well as you can?

probably need to see a doctor m8

start a scheduled sleep routine

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: deruntermensch.jpg (613x595, 352K)

Can we get a speaker picture too?

do we have SMSL amp owners here?

just got a AD18 for 77€

will compare it against my 1100€ Denon PMA-1600NE

Attached: Noice.webm (1920x1080, 2.15M)

fuck your ferrofluid tweeter

I didn't even post this some idiot user did, I assume to try and make me look bad like I'm randomly bragging with nothing to contribute. And I don't have speakers at the moment. Well I do, but I haven't taken a picture of them yet and I'm at work at the moment.

Attached: IMG_3122.jpg (952x700, 193K)

So can we get a speaker picture?

Nvm, I guess I did take a picture. These are KEF ls50 and they're only staying in my system until my Harbeths arrive.

Attached: IMG_3108.jpg (3471x3024, 2.38M)

>doesn't have pictures of his bst's and audio station

>occassionally has an anime reaction picture folder on his phone

absolute state of Jow Forums

can you do an A-B testing with a cheap SMSL amp against the rest of your system for me?

I was supposed to do some AB testing like two months ago but I had some life problems. I forget what dacs I was going to test, I believe RME babyface, Scarlett, a schiit modi Multibit, and my Yggy, of course. Pretty sure there was one more but the name escapes me.

Attached: goldenears.png (516x67, 6K)

As for amps I suppose I could try that, but I've already heard the differences bwteeen a nice brawny class AB (Anthem 225), a home theatre avr (Denon x3300w) and my class a pass labs. I think the pass labs is the better of the 3, slightly weaker in the bass department on insensitive speakers like kef ls50, tho. Wanna give me a link to said amp you were speaking of?

Attached: IMG_2951.jpg (2000x1500, 364K)

You're an audiophile goddess. Let me worship you!!~

well i bought this for fun purposes.

ebay.com/itm/262840822680

gonna link them to my QX-2 and Hifiman HE-400i and iloud micro monitors to see what it does

also have an SMSL AD18 on the way which i got really cheap on ebay and will AB test it to my Denon PMA1600-NE

you might wanna try out the SMSL AD18 too as it seems to be the best shenzhen cheapo multiple purpose amp there is at the moment. except some lower powered SMSL products which seem oriented to snake oil customers though

How fucking rich are you ?

>I have golden ears
>Yggdrasil DAC

KEK

I want to improve my audio output in my PC (currently using Realtek onboard audio), which goes to stereo amp. I need this solution to be USB.
I was thinking about a fiio e10k DAC or a
behringer umc22,
which one has the best audio output?

Attached: 41Taa5DTsKL._SX355_.jpg (355x172, 10K)

why is there a ps4 in your setup? And how much did you pay for that pionner cd player ?

I never even said that, some loser has too much time on his hands is going around pretending to be me and photoshopping pictures... it's really sad.
>why is there a PS4 in that setup
to be fair I don't know. I was supposed to get around to mounting it behind my tv but I haven't gotten around to it.

Attached: IMG_3086.jpg (800x1136, 224K)

does a ps4 get better acoustics if you place it on expensive audiophile shelves?

>pretending to be me and photoshopping
>old.reddit.com/user/direstraitsfan98

Lol no. My PS4 isn't part of my system, I just game sometimes. I do the majority of my music listening either over my CD player, bitperfect playback over jriver, or Spotify.

Attached: IMG_2514.jpg (1280x722, 279K)

Not sure why people are triggered by a PS4.

You ever watch movies there? Do you ever consider going to 5.1?

I have tinnitus, and honestly it doesn't feel as bad now that I'm in a good, regular sleeping pattern and cut out drinking for a month. It's still there, but only half as bad. Which is great desu.

How do you sit in an expensive one man autism simulator and not get annoyed by the cables and general mess? I'd have that room fucking spotless.

>those green PCB's
>Those ribbon cables
>and that toroidal transformer, the tasty thiccness of it.Oh my god, it even has shielding.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x167, 617K)

you can further improve it by doing cardio 2 times a week

also meditation does decrease your stress level alot. just 10 minutes per day..

the scheduling is key for automatism in the daily life and decreased stress levels at all times

bringing your schedule out of order will fuck up your nervosity system which we cannot ultimately control by wishful thinking, but scheduling

we are somewhat bound to the stardust origins and like the sun goes up and down with little variation a day, we also need that schedule to function like planet earth

bose powerstation is sexier

wtf is bose?

bose 1800
v sweet

How hard is it to rip vinyl in Debian? Can I get away with just getting a record player that's designed to rip vinyl, or will I have to get a pass through (?) and a record player. I know that audacious and a couple other packages can be used. It's the hw that's alien to me.

bose is nostalgia, bose is love
>youtube.com/watch?v=NmNYrU2wEnI
>t. boomer

Get a focusrite scarlett solo (mk I or II), and just don't use the inputs if they're unnecessary.

I use the e10k and it works pretty well with my 650s

Attached: 1ce8aa5156422b5fe07ce122c3aa4f31_400x400.png (400x400, 287K)

Ever had a moment like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=7aEtmPmdn04

actually yeah, but more virtually

i just deleted my whole music libraries and fl studio samples and plugins over 30gb because i was burned out and couldn't finish one project and simply wasted my time

soundcloud.com/bludlo/what-she-want

listen to this if you like lo-fi right now

>lo-fi
Sorry, I don't have shit taste

your depression is showing my dude. how can i help you? troubles with woman?

>

Attached: 1473798847021.gif (200x180, 2.97M)

i will never belive your online ego :)

Too bad that is the only decent shot in that entire movie. The rest of it is pretty sub-par, unfortunately.

you're upset huh

not as upset as you are probably

?

*rolls eyes*

Recommendations for an aestetic cd player? Would really like something I can plug my hd650 into directly.

Attached: 57dd13107b344f7c0333b16d2a590721.jpg (756x1000, 167K)

Not gonna lie. Jelly as fuck.

topkek he actually went and deleted his posts. don't like being caught looking arrogant and stupid huh? well have fun carrying on your reddit persona along with Jow Forums you shape shifting troll.

us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=hificomponents&ProductId=HDCD1

>3.2k
>dented tweeters
That's a fucking perfect condition price, fuck that guy

Golden ears aren't a thing unless we're talking about perfect pitch hearing which living with is a nightmare

do you have any good resources for musical/audio exercises to improve listening? singers for example practice rhythm and intonation. any resources about sound is also good too. i want to further my ability to hear stuff to improve being an audiophile

Can you actually afford that system or did you save up for it?

I like living rent free in my dads 1.5m house

true, i never heard of it but i could understand by melodic people to find so many discomforts in todays music

Purchase studio monitors and listen through your library
Shiet, Jow Forums needs IDs back on all boards, you hear that, Hiroshima? But if true then hopefully you don't turn out to be a deadbeat.
Perfect pitch hearing means that whenever you hear offtune harmonies you get a migraine (source:my godfather has perfect pitch hearing, isn't even a musician). It's a thing you're either born with or not, you don't develop it.

well i'm born with melodic pattern recognition.. i can easily tell if melodies were stolen from an older song if i heard it atleast once