Jow Forums, does your bank actively promote the use of its smartphone app for money transfer...

Jow Forums, does your bank actively promote the use of its smartphone app for money transfer? I've been wondering for a while now what benefit it is for them that people don't use the bank's website for their services, but the smartphone application. What do you guys think?

Pic related, a local ad for a bank's smartphone app stating that it's faster to transfer money through it than using a computer (not a smartphone in their terminology)

Attached: 20180728_092243.jpg (5312x2988, 1.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eKQOk5UlQSc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've noticed that banks advertise their apps quite frequently, for example, at the ATM, at the bank itself and as I posted on bus stops as well.

Everyone uses app for banking, idiot

Denmark here, we have mobilepay and all banks in Denmark can use it. It's a convenient way to pay for things and give/send money. I pay my rent that way.

If everyone uses it why do they advertise it?

App is faster and more convenient, nice features like still be able to get money from ATM if you forget or lose your card

Because it gets people using online services for day to day shit (you would be surprised the number of people that still want to go to a branch to do mundane shit)

t. bank manager with over a decade of experience in the banking sector.

>trusting pajeet app developers to make a secure banking application
Can't wait to hear about credit cards being stolen en masse while I just use cash.

Did you claimed the same shit when Internet banking became a thing, luddite?

I am from Delhi and everyone above average life uses phone app instead of website.
What shithole are you from btw?

I hate app culture but the apps do work well. They're basically just programs that interact with the bank's web services. They're better since they don't run in a terribad JS engine so all the pajeet programming doesn't have such a big impact.

fuck you are brainlet.

I made citibank app you cuck nigger fucking your white daughter . There hasn't' been any problem. Poo make bad software is very vague because we have so much work force. There are awesome and intelligent developers like me. so fuck off.

You're not "posh" because you can use your phone instead of a laptop if you don't even have a laptop.

by above average I mean minority who enjoy starbuck coffee and mcdonalds. there are too many ppl in here most of them are too poor to have working phone with internet.

>english as primary official language
>"intelligent"
>can't into english for shit

at first I thought you were a troll, but now I'm not so sure :/

>minority who enjoy starbuck coffee and mcdonalds

my dear curry nigger, what the fuck are you even saying?

a starbucks drink costs as much as a full mcdicks meal

""Posh""
Seek help you british waste of skin

>british waste of skin

I was gonna say
>at least I'm white

but then I realized that I was incredibly rude towards you. I apologize.

I realize that not everybody has the same opportunities, and that there's significant geographically marked disparity between purchasing power.

I understand that I'm fortunate to have the background I have, and that what separates you from me is nothing but a consequence chance.

Having nothing to contribute, I will depart from this thread (It's a shit thread tbqh) and shitpost elsewhere.

I wish you all the best,

Anonymous

no i cannot even use their app it is locked out, I just use the web browser

I'm white British, you weapon, which is how I knew you were lower-middle class british. Nobody else but that ridiculous socio-economic group would ever use ""posh"" as a descriptor.
Now do one, Hyacinth.

you remind me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=eKQOk5UlQSc

wanna try again? :°)

>wanna try again
Nah familial, we both know I'm right.
Now pass me a ""serviette"".

In my country, online money transfers have a small fee for them. Banks realize that they can nickle and dime you for what used to be a free service. So, they push these apps so that you make lots of these transactions. Plus, they now know your spending profile and can use this info to sell you loans and stuff.

Apps are convenient in that I can check balance in seconds and get notifications every time money moves in or out my account without needing to log in. Never actually tried to transfer money with it though, since I usually use PayPal or some other system that charges my card. And in few rare cases where this isn't an option I'd rather fill in forms at my computer than a smartphone keyboard.

Latvian? Lithuanian?
I recall seeing these sorts of advertising screens all over Riga.

Lithuanian. This ad campaign is all over the capital right now.

>UK
>fortunate
How are the teeth, Oliver?