How do we stop Russia from hacking into our elections?

How do we stop Russia from hacking into our elections?

Are paper ballots the only way?

Attached: o-HACKING-facebook.jpg (2000x1000, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/russian-hackers-reach-u-s-utility-control-rooms-homeland-security-officials-say-1532388110
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/from-bitly-to-x-agent-how-gru-hackers-targeted-the-2016-presidential-election/
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install Gentoo.

Gentoo is the answer sir

Have the Russians install Gentoo, then they won't be able to do anything.

Пpocтo пocтaвь гeнтy

т. гeнтo юзep

This is just pathetic.

elections aren't real

I don't speak untermensch.

Those disgusting commies spread fake news on the internet and the brainlets believe them. That's the real problem.

пoэтoмy y тeбя и тpaмп в пpeзидeнтaх лoл

Do people actually believe Russia is an effective country? As in a formidable technological foe? One that can subvert the combined power of the NSA and CIA? A legit question really.

Can you prove how they hack into elections? I mean, since it's a widespread message, surely it's backed by evidence. Tell us which exploits have they used and such.

Otherwise there's not that much to stop really. Can't kill a wolf if we can't even see it.

I wish ppl would stop using the word "hacked" for the election
it was more of a disinformation campaign using bots. it's subtle yet effective influencing
yes there were a few hacks like the DNC, but overall that had a minor effect

but I don't know if there's a way to disengage when everything's wired and there's 1000 paths to ppl's computers. you can't exactly control ad server contents. or who posts what on facebook or twitter. two best case scenarios are alert and informed consumers (hmmm...) and normies disengaging from using social media (ha!)
there's also less effective ideas like ad blockers (that's going to sit well with media corporations) or shutting down twitter or facebook (never going to happen).

I don't understand why facebook decided to devolve into the creation of special interest groups (reddit-style). they should just stick to exclusively doing social interaction like myspace.

Well done, I like Trump.

They use spear phishing.

they're not great at creation (no russian intel or ibm), but they're really good at reverse engineering

wsj.com/articles/russian-hackers-reach-u-s-utility-control-rooms-homeland-security-officials-say-1532388110

The Russians may have had bots, but it likely pales in comparison to American bots. Didnt the American Airforce brag about its bots?

it wasn't that sophisticated
just good enough against non-computer-savvy users

what this user said

They've "proven" they can. (As others have posted, it's less a direct hacking campaign, and more a coordinated social media strike) I don't know about Russia being an "effective country", but one doesn't have to be effective to be dangerous.

You don't have to be effective to subvert the CIA, a bunch of shitskins literally fooled the CIA for almost two decades into believing that Osama bin Laden was still hiding in caves in Afghanistan when he was living the sweet life openly in Pakistan.

Not to mention that the CIA were given tonnes of warnings and leads on bin Laden leading up to the 9/11 attacks.

Shouldn't this be pretty easy to prove?

No you fucking moron, because Crowdstrike is a completely legit company and we should believe everything they say bc they are the CYBER EXPERTS. Don't ask for logs or anything since you're too stupid to understand that that they LITERALLY LAUNCHED CYBER MISSILES against our country.

I haven't personally seen a cyber missile since 1996 but they're out there, just waiting.

Fuck I better protect my toaster by putting some tinfoil on it. I don't want those god damn russians throwing missiles that can infect my computer and tell everyone that I suck cock for coke

Ha cocaч нaхyй

reminder that all known "russian hacking" during the election was phishing that a 5 year old could've come up with

would u rather have fat gamburgals electing their officials

Instal monarchy. Problem.solved.

Attached: 1517522368688.jpg (1350x1450, 271K)

>He thinks Russia hacked the elections.
/thread.

Lol he just said,
"Simply install gentoo
T. Gentoo user"
I don't even speak Russian and I knew what he said.

i need sauce on that poster in background

Welcome friend

Attached: cover256x256-8fef53409c4e4c97a2a573cd2f114963.jpg (256x256, 40K)

back to manual bois

well played

Attached: 1455039036939.jpg (600x814, 67K)

What exactly is the "it" your retardedly referencing?

Attached: NwOjews.jpg (595x641, 67K)

>some fat loser connects to a Russian VPN
>spins up sqlmap and throws some default settings sqli at a .gov website
>instantly detected and blocked by their WAF
>government does investigation
>finds "Russian IPs" in their event logs
>"We were hacked impeach drumpf now we got him this time for sure!"
kill yourself

When are you americans gonna accept your president one for all. Dont be inmature and learn to live in democracy.

The left in this country are not Americans. They hate america and everything it stands for. Their blood will fill the streets before long.

Russia is almost 100% owned by Jewish Russian Billionaires, wtf are you talking about?

you are free to express your dislike in democracy, as you would if Hillary won

America is almost 100% owned by Israel.

Hello guys, Russian hacker here. I am level 6 hacker out of 10, so that is pretty elite hacking. I have told Kreml every capitalist measure you want to take against glorious Russian hacking.
We will now attack with double viruses and that means double hacking for you. As they say in America, it was large pleasure doing business with you

>that image
Do you want to know how I know that you're a low information retard who licks fake news from the asscrack of CNN?

Attached: a13.png (531x376, 283K)

Good one OP, LOL

you're probably bulgarian then

The russkies literally hacked our voting systems:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/from-bitly-to-x-agent-how-gru-hackers-targeted-the-2016-presidential-election/

I was the one that hacked the DNC. Ask me anything.

Is your name Dmitry by any chance?

In a pure monarchy, or in a dictarship, there are no elections to be hacked. Just saying.

Kinda hard to tell when our US Intel agancies made it near impossible to tell if a foreign agent is actually attacking anything is it:
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

Didn't the Russian meddling just cause widespread knowledge of Democrats fuckery? It literally wasn't hacking the election, it was making shady shit of one party go public and ignoring the other. It was the people that took that information and ran with it to vote.
If anything, you'd need to make your middle class more knowledgeable and less of a mouth breathing bunch if you want to fix this and make sure they're not this easily influenced. The side effects of having a less retarded population should also be obvious.

The real solution to fixing election shenanigans (and many other problems) is to give everyone official digital identities, which would be directly tied to an account on a government website where we can vote in elections, submit our taxes (for free), apply for federal programs, apply for federal permits, etc. Everybody is required to submit their fingerprints, DNA, personal information, and a high definition picture of their face for inclusion into a federal database, and will then be issued a citizen account and a highly locked down

The exact number of citizens is known at all times, census is no longer necessary. Voting should be made mandatory for all citizens and would be handled quickly and easily on the government's website. The number of voters and votes would be known at all times, and mismatching information would be easily noticed, making fraud difficult. Criminals who leave behind DNA would be identified immediately and foreigners would be easily identified due to their absence from the database.

Oh, and it would save a SHITLOAD of money in many different aspects of government, especially if all the agencies simply had shared access to this shit in a single location. Before someone starts crying big brother, do remember that the CIA already has a massive secret database of this shit, they just don't share it with anybody and it's useless to anybody but them.

This post glows in the dark.

>implying the election had to be hacked
>forgetting about the electoral college, which was designed to keep the rabble from ultimately controlling everything
wew
>implying the DNC wasn't lying about having been hacked
This is the most ridiculous thing that establishment Dems can claim. They screach about how Russia hacked the DNC, then the FBI asks to do forensic analysis on the supposedly hacked servers and the DNC denies the FBI the opportunity. Then HRC lies about the FBI wanting to examine the servers and then gets burned when the FBI corrects her mistake in public. So, am I missing anything here?

digits and such but I think germany got fucked up trying to attack Russia and a number of separate occasions

>Are paper ballots the only way?

No, because russians don't need to hack the voting system, they just hack the voters. 2016 seems to have been mostly influencing voters' opinions on social media.
Unless we're gonna shut down the internet only way to avoid that is to have a non-retarded population.

Attached: 1484447112523.jpg (271x271, 15K)

Maybe ban retards from participating in government?

we can't switch to paper ballots, thats just giving russia what they want, they hacked illinois electoring voting registation system and forced them to switch to paper to supress voter turnout

reality winner leaks proved hey hacked actual voting machines
but we're the good guys
why would ab american leaker hostile to Hillary pretend to be russian? it doesn't make any sense.
we can attribute it to the Russians due to the style of attack (phishing) , hosting providers and services used (it itch, mail.com-which is used by fake news bots to spam the same fake article by multiple fake authors to different fake news websites), the malware used to extract the information (xagent), the russian vpns used, the timesamps and language settings of comuters that touched the documents, and the amount and provenance of money used (+$90000 of bittcoin)
we can also discern the culprit from the motive to disclose the documents, instead of scamming money.
the disclosure itself gives away the game through the domains being owned by the same people (dcleaks and guccifer) speading fake news through bots on facebook and twitter

we have a solid collusion case with wikileaks trying to get the diclosure out on time to disrupt hillarys nomination over bernie, and a new wave of phishing attacks against hillary after trump "joked" about russia finding the missing emails.

things are looking pretty good for mueller.

Why are there so many russiaphobes in this thread? If you are so sure Russia "hacked the election" why are you so sure some other big world power hasn't hacked the media to spread such lies? Oh but the media is so trustworthy.

>implying he was a russian hacker

Attached: seth rich.png (800x430, 697K)

The media is just mad somebody was countering their propaganda.

(((you)))

Attached: 8f213f802e0584001e6e8d00f36a295d30819f0fb74324efbdc78a0174ad3c8d.png (707x398, 404K)

>muh russians hacking!

Attached: ShillaryBeer.jpg (750x750, 83K)

I heard you tried to hack the RNC too, why did it fail?

based seth rich poster

I would think so if Trump wasn't elected. But everyone shilling for Hillary like, media, establishment, etc. And how much he is hated, if he got elected, it says that atleast people's opinion count.

His name was Shaun Rice.

Attached: your-attention-please-png-may-i-have-your-attention-your-attention-please-830.png (830x188, 107K)

I also want to say notice the grammar of the quotes vs the standard grammar in most Jow Forums posts. it's REALLY different. sure most Jow Forums posts are retarded, but at least they're perfectly good spoken english. those posts aren't.

something, something, crypto. But that'll never happen. Elections are meant to be shoddy on purpose.

Sorry, they don't teach english in south america.

Voter ID with a public database for people to verify.

you have awoken neo and now see the matrix as it really is. nothin you can do about it tho. i spend less and less time here cuz of that shit. its not just one group though poor cykas gettin blamed for everything recently. thanks obama

It's pretty obvious the glow in the dark DNC is here for some purpose. Thank you for pointing this out based Reddit spacer! (scarcasm)

t. buttmad hillary voter

Until someone hacks the database and adds new people in, or uses dead people accounts to vote.
In my opinion, person should earn the right to vote bu serving in military for 5 years. Any government position should be available only to those who served for 10 or more years

first you ban all of their isps/asns
then you ban proxies and vpns from mainstream social sites in order to reduce their influence on your gullible citizens
finally you educate your citizens

i don't understand how a world power fell to elect a russian (subhuman) puppet, not like hillary was better but still

How about hardware based voting machines?
Fuck you George Soros.

Hillary Clinton and the Clintons in general have been known to make deals with the russians. The latest and greatest was that Uranium thing that everyone's ignoring.
I'm pretty sure that Putin wanted Clinton to win. Trumps just an idiot who plays it up for the TV.

you should immediately slit your wrists, you dumb lefty twat

a simple notgeorge 'open' sores voting system would be pretty basic in reality but would never happen for obvious reasons

1) memorialize the votes with a continuous unbroken hashing sequence, incorporating timestamp, voterid and other relevant information (one way function, fully open source)

2) physical receipts printed at point of voting, (one copy goes to the voter, one to state authority, federal, one to the candidate)

3) voter receipt contains an anonymized hash and a private hash which can be verified both ways

4) identify and prosecute voter fraud with common sense measures

or instead you can pay billions for foreign owned black box voting systems which have less legitimacy than paper ballots, kek

what uranium thing. please give us specifics

>it's not pasta
Holy shit. Sorry user, you're fucked.

it's super obvious that Trump and Clinton are the same person

>bulgarian
WHY DO I ALWAYS HEAR ABOUT THIS COUNTRY
DO YOU NOT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO

Uh guys. I converted those posts to russian an back to english and it was the same message, is this guy right?

Attached: 1501526712361.jpg (657x526, 37K)

Hehe blumph hak election.

welcome
to the #resistance,,,

Turns out Putin didn't hack the voting machines to influence outcome, he was just using the voting machines to mine bitcoins.

>Jow Forums didn't use to be that way
Remember folks, if you counter my point of view you're a bot

Why should we?

I don't believe any of this Russia shit. It popped up as soon as Trump won, and then every day there was some new story, and now anyone questioning the leftist agenda is a Russian propaganda agent. And I already know from gamergate just how completely the media is able to get together and manufacture a narrative.

Fund proper public schools and get rid of the ghettos, educate the populace about fake news and in a few decades you'll be immunised against all the fake news Alex Jones crap

Good luck tho Betsy seems keen on private schools and fucking over the poor, enjoy your Russian interference amerifats

Have you tried asking them not to? I bet you haven't. You just sit in your room all day looking at naked cartoons and children with boobs. I worry about you.

Them fucking nigger cattle, amirite?

Trump was the only candidate running that was proud to be an American. All you dumbasses have your heads so far up your asses and you're so ashamed to be a strong nation, you want mommy Clinton or Daddy Sanders to take care of you because "you're oppressed". We spit on your graves. 笨白左

Attached: 4459353701_826a3c120d.jpg (489x400, 126K)

Jewish Defence League poster detected. Move along, folks.

Attached: 1471209315290.jpg (258x196, 7K)