My mother keeps buying shit from Chinese websites. I keep telling her that buying name brand products are better...

My mother keeps buying shit from Chinese websites. I keep telling her that buying name brand products are better, but she insists that there is no difference because "everything is made in China anyway".

She just bought a cheap ass ceiling fan from a Chinese website, as well as a small drone for me to practice flying. The build quality of these things is cheap as fuck and its pissing me off that she does not follow my advise to stay from Chinese crap and just stick to name brand.

So I ask Jow Forums, is there a difference between Chinese and name brand? Or am I just talking out of my ass to my mother?

Attached: 1271843737532.png (1440x900, 232K)

>I keep telling her that buying name brand products are better, but she insists that there is no difference because "everything is made in China anyway".
She's right and you're a stupid goy sheeple.

Okay, so you go ahead and order one of the flimsy Chinese PS4 controllers off eBay and come back and tell me that it is better than the authentic one.

The current thread should be of use to you.

Well it depends. If it's something dumb like a drone, any cheap one will do. But a ceiling fan? That shit will fall on somebody

>Okay, so you go ahead and order one of the flimsy Chinese PS4 controllers off eBay and come back and tell me that it is better than the authentic one.
They are better because they cost $5 and you can buy twenty of them.

Aight. I rarely come here and decided to drop by and drop a line. I'll check out the thread tho.

No difference, chink shit might even end up better.

Some Chinese phones are better than the name brand.

Stop fucking reddit spacing your posts

Your mom is right. There just a few things that I don't buy from questionable chinks, mainly desktop/laptop hardware.

Everything else, I get from China. I usually don't pick the cheapest often when there are slightly different variants, but for the second/third cheapest. Literally cheapest chinkshit failed me to often.

BTW, there are also Chinese name brands.

>There just a few things that I don't buy from questionable chinks, mainly desktop/laptop hardware.
It has to be more than that, user

She's right and you're a filthy goy sheeple.

>being this cucked brand goy
In many cases, it's even the same factory and the same workers making the shit, they just do it after hours so that the brand company they're ripping off doesn't even notice.

Is this a new pasta?

Attached: 0o.jpg (215x211, 12K)

Chinkshit is good.

Your mom is fucking based.

There's no way this isn't bait or a meme of some sort

This.
Generally I get nothing nothing that goes close to or on your body or can pose a hazard from chinks.

>yes laowai, usasian same as big bland, goodu quariti

there's a difference between "shit made in china" and "chinese shit"
everything /is/ made in china, but the quality of things varies a lot
broadly speaking, higher end chink shit is equivalent to lower end shit anywhere else, and low end chink shit is the stuff of nightmares
do not cheap out on chink shit, they will rip you hard

Based.

Please do. Ask for opinions or recs on /csg/ when your mum wanna buy something. That way, maybe she can avoid buying something that is a complete shit. In some cases, it is always better to buy from reliable brand tho.

Higher end chink shit is about the same as mid level stuff. Mid level chink stuff is about low level, and low level chink stuff is basically garbage.

ur mom uses common sense compared to you. if you want some branded shit, buy it with your own earned $.

I heard about that. But Im skeptical. Reviewers say good things about One Plus and the Huawei phones. But I like muh Samsungs.

Yeah, i could buy a cheap chink solder but the fear of it's smoke fuck me up (and also shitty conduction) made me forget it

Attached: jjjjjjj.jpg (800x732, 70K)

This

This topic isn't Jow Forums atall - it's psychology.
Many people, especially moms, pride themselves on being frugal and reasonable. They use their ignorance and refusal to believe in and understand about nuances and complex processes that are relevant to the function and economics of what they buy to perform the mental gymnastics to justify being "cheap" and ultimately living worse and spending less but more often. This attitude is horrendous for the world economy and the environment.
Moms have a lifetime of being conditioned to be basically enslaved and have exploitable beliefs. Not all moms are well suited to a recently rapidly changed world. Dads only have a leg up because they had a lifetime of priding "understanding".
Honestly I don't know of a solution. But if you Jow Forumsuys wanna work on one, it could genuinely better the world.
Many ideas and pieces of information add up to change someones mind. You can't expect to change someone old and stubborn with just one or two good points. So let's contribute some arguments.

she is right but buying things that plug into your house should be certified so no house fire happens.

emphasis on "should"
if you think all chinese shit is up to your countries electrical safety standards, you clearly have not seen much chinese shit

There are good cheap chinese products that put the western world to shame. But those company are few, of course. Believe in the ones that have an established brand and consistently deliver quality.
ANKER, OnePlus, ASUS. I don't know very many to many.
Another way to ween people off Chinese products is to see the human rights violations and un-western working conditions and horrendous national and aggressive attitudes of the Chinese. Afterall, chinese people mostly believe in China first and the rest of the world can burn and should be exploited. They don't believe in patents or creativity, rather to copy the best. They don't believe in trust and investment but rather to exploit for a quick buck now rather than an empire later. Generally this is repulsive to Europes and NAs.
He's right, safety standards are way worse from China but to reach international markets they do need all the certifications for electrical safety or they will be sued out of business by regulators.

I'm unsure if Taiwanese products can be as bad as low level chinkshit.
It is technically it's own country but not recognized as a sovereign nation, big mess. Anyways my point is I don't know if you can group Asus with the other two because regulations and standards in Taiwan are different from China from what I can see.

Your mom should have aborted.

One line, no brain Summer-shitlets. Stop wasting electricity and go play outside - it'll clear your acne up.

Nice try, kike.

>Reddit spacing

No-one who visited Jow Forums prior to 2017 has ever used the phrase 'Reddit spacing'.

>he said, using only one line

this board has had a thread dedicated to buying chinkshit for ages, it's you that's summerfagnew

What even is reddit spacing to begin with? Jow Forums strips excessive space.

Well obviously yes, I was just considering things that get usual ordered. Things like groceries, tools that should be inspected before purchase, construction materials and so on I buy in regular stores.

But a shitload of things which are impossible to make unusably bad get ordered from China.

I also try to evaluate items by use per Euro. What good is a brand name item that lasts three times as long but costs five times as much as the chink alternative?

But I also get my handy on fairly cheap brand name products from companies that produce in China. Apperantly there's a huge dark grey market of things that "get lost" from warehouses and/or production plants, also lots of items which are slightly damaged or have production errors (packaging destroyed, colors are off etc.), which I get through my aunt who got pretty good connections to China (she worked there for several years as translator for English/Mandarin/German/French)

>What even is reddit spacing to begin with?

It is a method which is employed to have newfags out themselves as newfags.

They believe that by attacking 'Reddit spacing', they will give the impression that they are 'oldfags' who have been here for many years and are diametrically opposed t 'Reddit'.

In fact, the term 'reddit spacing' was popularised in late 2016 as a meme in order to have those who did not visit Jow Forums prior to then be unaware that people have been posting using 'reddit spacing' for 15 years.

Essentially, it's a newfag / shill detection system.

can we go back to the time when reddit was word filtered?

Often you can find the exact same thing in store on AliExpress.

And it's not a clone of a brand, but in fact the brand is slapped on the Chinese original and resold 2-10x price.

Yeah, those clone PS4 controllers are a bit different, big brands aren't chinese shit to begin with. But things like LED headlights for a car being sold for $150 locally are often $40-50 on ali for the exact same thing without a name on it.

>In fact, the term 'reddit spacing' was popularised in late 2016
I didn't see it becoming prevalent before earlier this year. Must be some shitty meme from /b/ or something then?

Your mon ape haha

>I keep telling her that buying name brand products are better
Holy shit, what a horrible son you are filling her head with lies. Did she fuck a Google Terminator 9000™ and popped out a son already genetically connected to the botnet?

i can only assume people who complain about things that are apparently common of reddit users are reddit users themselves
i've been accused of being from reddit several times, yet i've never been there
my question is, how would i, or you, know what is common of reddit users if you don't visit reddit often? if i'm doing something reddit users do, it's because i'm copying what other Jow Forums users are doing, who may or may not have brought it from reddit

It's so incredibly case by case that I feel like I've developed a sixth sense on it. Seeing as I live in Shanghai and regularly use Tmall (only idiots by off taobao) and JD.com.

>t. brand cuck

Your mom sounds redpilled give me her number

I would never buy anything which hasn’t been certified to meet western safety standards. Other than that go China!

I see no reason not to use both Tmall and Taobao especially if you live in China and can return/refund easily.

Any seller worth their salt sells on Tmall. The ones too shit to afford an insurance deposit and basic maintenance fees sell on Taobao. Just following this simple principle will probably chop your chances of running into shitty products by 60%.

>Just following this simple principle will probably chop your chances of running into shitty products by 60%.
Well I guess, this ain't really a problem when I already know what I want to buy. I usually can find the same stuff (e.g: IEM) cheaper on Taobao than on Tmall. There are also things like Chinkpad parts that can only be found on Taobao but not Tmall.

There's a reason they don't have a Tmall shop, that's all I'm saying.

>He's right, safety standards are way worse from China but to reach international markets they do need all the certifications for electrical safety or they will be sued out of business by regulators.
That's only a problem if they are sold in international markets.
Now it's incredibly easy to buy direct from China, so a lot of shit is coming in that isn't properly certified and people are using at their own risk.

I bought chink blank keycaps and im happy with them

tell me more about how mommy pays for everything and dares to go for cheaper products because her retarded son doesn't know what its like to be a grown up and pay for his own shit

be happy that your mommy buys you shit you ungrateful imbecile

>Actually getting mad at someone for not using Reddit spacing
>Expecting people to bloat up their posts with garbage

You're talking out of your ass because the product is obviously working as intended. Stop being a stupid goyim and actually look for alternatives.

If I paid 5 bucks for it I can't complain. I only take an issue with "flimsy chinese" products if I paid full price for an official product and got scammed with a counterfeit.

/thread

>autism
They're just jealous they produce tons of OC every hour
We're stuck with people who insist frogs are this website's mascot

ITT: people thinking designed in china and manufactured in china mean the same thing
fuck off chink jews

>shilling this hard

What did i shill? here's a (you)

Your mother is a fucking dolt. It depends on the product. Don't buy chink batteries for phones or laptops. At best they die within a year, at worst they explode. Don't buy chinkshit that hooks directly into the electrical wiring of your house unless you want it to burn down. Drones and toys don't matter, but they won't last long. Never buy off brand chinkshit thinking it'll last, especially if it has more than a handful of moving parts. Don't buy anything like knives or axes from chingchong land, their steel is always soft or brittle shit that never sharpens well. Buy European, North American (excluding Mexico) or Japanese steel and you'll never have your axe head break in half while you're splitting logs. Never buy food from China. I'm not talking about the place around the corner, I'm talking about the imported stuff like chicken and beef. Those animals are full of toxins they ingest through the water like plastics and heavy metals.

Generally, you're correct. China is a garbage country that should be nuked.

Attached: 1528306261541.png (894x1271, 1.75M)

Yeah my mom constantly asks me for tech advice and then she just buys what looks good to her anyway. I wouldn't care except I'm also her tech support.

/thread
Dumb user is mad that his chinkshit isn't overpriced to death, though she looks like a inexperienced pleb that gets crap from Wish, visit

There's plenty high quality chink knives, though the ones that are really high quality are almost as expensive as their western counterparts making them pointless
You have little if any idea of chinkshit shopping

I have a few friends who do this shit.

One always buys really trivial shit from these Chinese shops, things like earbuds or phone covers. Thing is, they are shit. The buds have offcourse sound quality akin to talking through a pipe and connection issues, i.e twisting the connector until noise registers.

The phone covers are either made of paper and deteriorate in record time or plastic where the paint chips off. Also some buds he gave me also had this chipping problem which gave me an ear infection.

Plus, for no reason whatsoever the buds stop working and must be replaced. He has changed 5 pairs in a year.

Another friend insists on Chinese smartphones. Chip failures aside, once his last phone just went black and displayed some hanzi (where I jokingly told him they stood for 'fuck you') and promptly deleted all his data without the possibility of recovery. When he went to a guy who fixes phones (every city has one who was ofcourse selftaught), he obviously gave up. What can you expect from an unknown company?!

Another one bought a cheap-ass camera GoPro knockoff for 15$. Ofcourse he was courtly educated for his decision, but he wanted it for simple claims at work, like roads not being properly paved, heavy machinery operation, etc. As long as it recorded, it was fine.

However...

The camera stores the files in MOV files, each accounting for 15 min. i.e a 1-hour video will be stored as 4 MOV files.

Ofcourse, this format is unreadble by modern devices due to its age. That necessitates conversion to mp4 standards, something which on his PC lasts 2,5 hours. For every MOV file that is.

I don't know how much time is required for the merging, and for obvious reasons I certainly don't plan to find out.

Also, the machining sucked. The camera came with lots of different bases for using it on handlebars or helmets. The combinator parts were so thickly cut I had to pry the sockets open to stabilize the camera. Because of the wrong thickness, the parts are hard to rotate. Also, the holes were diagonally drilled and didn't line up.

There are ofcourse people who will swear by Chinese phones and will bring up the Samsung incident, but that is loser talk. Be patient for a little more time and save up to buy a known brand.

The reason people buy this shit is because in their mind the phones are as simple as housework appliances, or if you like, as unfathomable as those, but because they are designed to do things with minimal hassle, that is what they expect from their phones. Moreover, because appliances rarely malfunction, that longevity and stability is also expected from smartphones. Plus, they are cheaper, which is the most important thing.

Shit sold in the US/EU have to be compliant with regulations on toxic materals etc. Chknk shit does not. So most metal in chink products contain lead, nickel etc, plastics and rubber contain bpa etc. That's the uncomfortable truth about all of this.

People were using the phrase here in 2014, retard.