HD 598 CS vs. DT 770 Pro

Hello /g

I am trying to decide between these two and can't quite come to a decision. Anyone out there with some experience? The 598 CS is $160 while the DT 770 is $227. I already have an open back 598.

Pic kind of related.

What's the best one to get?

Attached: 3together.jpg (762x298, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3E9XvTtDxq0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy STAX

Ath, akg k702 austria

I need closed backs, and also don't have access to a lot of stuff that's available in the US

Nigger, Philipps fidelio x2

lmao stop trolling me man

Shure SRH840

get a proper closed back, 598 Cs are out of the question, DT770 I have never tried them but they seem to be like my MDR-7056 but with scoped bass and highs. Don't believe what they tell you about closed with soundstage, soundstage is more of an effect than an actual thing. In open you have a less congested sound, closed you have isolation, point. Anything else is the differences in crossfeed, frequency response, latency across the spectrum, etc, effects. Also don't fall for the retarded option of buying outdated headphones that don't sell anymore as the AKG k702. Stay sane.

also since you already have comfy headphones go for the dt770 since they have big earcups. Also a MSR7 of audio technica looks comfy and nice quality

have you looked into custom one pros? I bought them over the dt 770 pro due to their removable cable, were cheaper, and were more comfortable.

Buy Samson SR950 instead and save 150$.

Attached: SR950.jpg (1500x918, 381K)

buy stax
install gentoo

tfw I've owned dt 990s and 598s

The DT series has problems
1: The earcups turn disgusting after just a few months, and replacements aren't cheap, and they don't clean very well, they never return to how comfy they are when you first buy them.

2: They fucking snap, you see the plastic bit? Over time it cracks and eventually breaks. I've owned 2 pairs and the same thing happened twice, with just basic use. If you look at the newer models (dt 1990) they've changed it.

3. No removable cable. The cable that comes with it is INSANELY thick, heavy and long. It's coiled and weighs down like fuck. There's no comfortable way to store it.

The 598s come with no problems physically, but the bass is a bit lacking, especially compared to the DTs And the highs are a bit rolled off, it makes them super comfy to wear all day with absolutely 0 fatigue, but if you want "critical listening" at all costs, get something else.

Do not get the closed 598, they're only good as open headphones. If you need closed, find something else.

DT 770 Pro, not even close.

>akg k702 austria
They don't make k702 in austria anymore. All current stock is made in china, and for certain reasons those are better anyway.

ATH msr7 or takstar pro82

a closed back 598 isn't all that different from an open back. i had the dt 770 for a couple of months and let me tell you the sound was great, but it was uncomfortably tight and i sold them.

get you a pair of status audio cb-1s.

>a closed back 598 isn't all that different from an open back

wat

I've owned a pair of 770s for a little under a decade, no complaints. Extremely durable and comfortable for endless hours at a time. At first they are very tight and require some wear in, so just stack some books or dvds about the width of your head, rest the headphones on them overnight or two and you're good. They have velour pads so you should wash them regularly.

How do you wash them?

By hand.

I put the whole headphones into the dishwasher. It works like beauty and they smell like lemon.

I just give them a bath and a scrub

I never take them off so when I shower I wash them directly on my head.

youtube.com/watch?v=3E9XvTtDxq0

This. I did a removable cable mod to my DT770 and they're perfect now.

print(x)

>i had the dt 770 for a couple of months and let me tell you the sound was great, but it was uncomfortably tight and i sold them.
>get you a pair of status audio cb-1s.
What? I own both of these and the cb-1 are much tighter. 770 beats it easily in sound and is still comfier.

DT770 Pro is my favorite headphone design/sound/comfort ever but the internal wiring is garbage. had to resolder and eventually rewire mine because the slightest mistreatment over time will cause one of the earcups to lose connection. I've owned 3 pairs and each one of them failed within a year, one of them only lasted a few months. I haven't yet put in the time/effort into doing a full custom wiring with a detachable wire mod, but it would be worth it.

I might eventually try the 1770 Pro instead because it has detachable wires, and I'm assuming better quality inside.