Is LinkedIn actually useful for my career or is it just another botnet meme...

Is LinkedIn actually useful for my career or is it just another botnet meme? Has anyone here on Jow Forums actually got a job by using it?

Attached: 1024px-LinkedIn_Logo_2013.svg.png (1024x249, 14K)

I had one using UpWork :^) I earned 16$ although the client paid 20$ because cucks take percent of your money.

If you want to interact with normalfags, then you have to give yourself up to the botnet. Normalfags are controlled by botnets. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Grinder/Tinder/Discord/LinkedIn/etc

You need all of them. If you are missing some of those accounts, then you would be considered a deviant by those normalfags.

if you aren't an utter failure your inbox will be swarming with recruiter emails by virtue of having one. it's good if you want options

It's facebook but instead of people posting annoying baby and dog pictures they post bragging about how much money their company made this quarter. You can get jobs on it but there are also like 1000 other ways to get a job.

Interesting. Are they actually recruiting for decent jobs via LinkedIn or just some shitty no name companies?

It's a botnet but its a useful botnet

It's useful, and even if you don't want to change your current job, you get an idea of your market value.

I work as a transmission line engineer for AEP. I get inbox offers all the time from recruiters for similarly sized companies. I'm just not in the market for a new job yet. It's pretty useful imo if you have a decent background.

I constantly get recruiters trying to get me into Facebook and Amazon positions. Some of the jobs are for small no-name companies though.

How do you build a competent LinkedIn as a new grad?

Put as many keywords into your LinkedIn resume as possible. Even if you don't know the concepts completely.

You can put your info on facebook, they check/require to see your facebook anyway.

Is it worth going in to power? EE student here currently doing an internship at a distribution network. Seems like a comfy job, but it seems like an industry that moves really slowly

Ya just build a good resume. You need to turn on the option that you're looking for a job somewhere in your settings and make sure you mark entry level and whatever else fits your parameters.

Well I'm only a civil and started making 70k right out of school. 8-16% bonus. Annual raises. Pension. I get taken out at least once a week for food and drinks from vendors. Travel as often as I want. And the job is pretty legit. Not too demanding and not too slow. If you can get on with a big utility company you should definitely do it.

Pajeet detected.

I get recruited once a week by reputable companies on it even though I already have a job.

Infosec is kinda in high demand right now though.

I actually deleted my LinkedIn account 2-3 weeks ago. Always get recruiter spam. All the tech jobs I've had I've never got through LinkedIn. So, delete.

What a fucking literal faggot. Get gassed.

It varies, but a good chunk of the recruiters recruit for the big names like Apple, Amazon, Uber, etc...

It's useful after you get a job. Keep in touch with coworkers, get referral, job hop. Also, recruiter spam, which is useful when you're job hopping. If you're not job hopping, just make that shit private and put those notifications on ignore.

How to use LinkedIn:
>Mark yourself as looking for a job and let recruiters do their thing
>Virtue signal such as women in tech, diversity etc as a company
That's all