PC speakers

What are some good/cheap pc speakers ?

Attached: r19u-shop-01_675a46c7-921e-4932-9525-b5552ac3e2fd.jpg (1024x1024, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ovp4cJUQDI0
worktop-express.de/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tannoy westminster

Attached: 1532142511339.jpg (1280x550, 116K)

helpful

JBL LSR 305 are the best you’ll get for under like $600. They absolutely shit on everything else.

Save up and get those. They’re like $250-$300 for two.

>but muh money

Fuck off

lsr305 hiss. It's not a meme, had them, returned them. Sound is great but I don't particularly enjoy hearing constant hiss when I'm not listening to music.
Maybe it doesn't bother some people, it sure as fuck bothered me.

edifier r1280 or edifier r1600 tiii. Any 2.0 set of edifiers really.

Hiss is because you have badly grounded components. That’s a valid complaint, but mine don’t hiss at all

Yes they do, you are just not close enough to hear it. No I don't have badly grounded components, my house wiring is fairly new and I connect all my electronics to UPS.
All active speakers have some kind of amplifier hiss. LSR305 are just worse than most in this regard, due to d class amplifier and probably poor design.

Hahaha wtf
>actually pays more than $20 on speakers
Dude just get Amazonbasic speakers, they sound pretty decent, just make sure to get the one that gets power from an outlet instead of usb.

Alternatively, there's also Logitech speakers for around $60 that sound seriously good, people that hear them are pretty blown away. I can't imagine anything that sounds better than my Logitech Z506, I even prefer them over headphones.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2450x2325, 142K)

>I can't imagine anything that sounds better than my Logitech Z506
kek on the off-chance this is not a bait

t. Fag who actually spent hundreds of dollars on *speakers* lol

underage

No, not really, I spent slightly more than $100 on my current ones. I did spend hundreds of dollars on other audio shit but that's different story.
I however also owned logikek 5.1 speakers and know that they sound like shit. If there is one thing to avoid when getting speakers, it's logitech.

Micca mb42x with the no audiophile dsp correction

OP you're better off buying real speakers and a small amp. The latter you can buy off Amazon for about $100, the former you can usually find through Craigslist or pawn shops.

Attached: 1529470819181.png (1000x1000, 77K)

Buying a 150€ amp + passive speakers seems like the better choice if you dont want cheap active speakers that hiss.
But then again no one wants a separate amp to sit on their crowded pc desk.

>good
>pc speakers
Pick 1

logitech ones, I got em' for 10 dollars and they sound fine

There is fair amount of good pc speakers, and that's nothing new. Edifier or Swan.
It's another story if those are as good and cost effective as passive speakers+amp or active monitors, but they do sound good.

What do you recommend over the Logitech speakers?

I ordered a pair of R1280DB a few datos ago because they were the only thing in my budget, it's weird how the R1280T sounds different than the R1280DB, the T has a slight drop in the mids, which makes it sound a little bit cleaner, but the DB sound warmer.

I'm planning to get this little beasts

Attached: 1_0.png (600x511, 268K)

sony and logitech make really good cheap speakers. Cables aren't isolated for shit, as expected of cheap speakers, but you can do it yourself.

very happy with this
not cheap, but very far from expensive too
expecially considering that passive speakers live for a long long time

get small cheap Tclass amp and some seccond hand passives or just miccas and that beats all the plasticky shitty ones

Attached: BX2_smsl60.jpg (1593x1428, 269K)

bought these for €75 a couple of years ago, you won't be dissapointed

Attached: serveimage.jpg (468x286, 16K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ovp4cJUQDI0

you're better off buying used, this homo explains it well

>good
>cheap
does not compute faggot

Don't. If you have to go with affordable, powered consumer-grade desktop speakers, Creative Gigaworks (T20 or T40) are decent.

logitech makes some of worst speakers around, I have no clue where shit, clueless opinions like this come from.
There is a very good rule for speakers: if it has single driver, it's crap. Logitech speakers are mostly 5.1 and 2.1 sets with single driver satellites that sound like complete ass and don't even reproduce majority of frequencies, and subwoofer which creates farting bass sound. Decently good for creating loud sounds, not so much for music.

Attached: fe103-sol-fostex-hifi-do-mcintoshjblaudio-technicajeff-rowland-fostex-fe103-sol-modern-home.jpg (640x480, 81K)

>not spending money for quality products
>wondering why what you have is so shitty
top sour poverty grapes

>t. triggered autist audiophile

>heeeelp me mommy people are making fun of me because I'm underage and poor!!!!!

>being poor is a bad thing

G O O D G O Y

Edifier, the thinking man's reasonable priced speakers.

Attached: 1700BT_web_01_63861f34-c336-4f55-a4d5-e04d827d3bd9.jpg (960x900, 112K)

I have these, they are pretty nice.

>cheap
>good
Pick ONE.

beats by dre

Some words of wisdom:
Good PC speakers don't exist. Hi-fi speakers are not built for listening in such a close range, so forget those.
The closest thing to "good PC speakers" are studio monitors like Yamaha HS 7. Even though studio monitors are not for entertainment purposes, since they sound very dry, they are still far better than any other PC speaker crap.
Get studio monitors.

Attached: steve.jpg (320x520, 72K)

Edifier R980T

Attached: Edifier R980T.jpg (1000x1000, 128K)

That's not really words of wisdom, that's words of someone who never heard good PC speakers.
Yamaha HS 7 are some of the worst recommendation you can give to someone.

>Paying more that £14.99 for speakers

Attached: z200.png (651x651, 351K)

Edifier is allways the best choice if you want best value, performance for any set price.
Unless you can to spend thousands of dollars, then there are better speakers out there

micca

they make noice, not sound

had the same problem with my krk rokit 5s that i got for dirt cheap, bought pic related and it fixed the issue. The biggest downside is that its overpriced as hell, 80 dollars. Amazon thought it got lost when it actually arrived at my place so i got it for free

Attached: 513iD2nS3hL.jpg (500x500, 40K)

whats up with these obvious shills?

I don't know if that's shill, but in $100-200 price range, edifier speakers are very solid choice, rivaled only by budget passive speakers and thrift store deals.
I owned both r1600 edifiers and JBL lsr305, and while lsr305 are better, the difference is not that large.
Chinks managed to produce pc speakers that are cheap and not shit, as opposed to crap that was shat out for years by western companies.

All these fucking mongs posting bookshelves and monitors for PC speakers. Post pics of your PC set up, I'd like to see how you fit 12x6x8 speakers for normal use with your PC. They're called bookshelf speakers and monitors because you put them on bookshelf or mounted in a studio environment respectively.

have no experience with chink speakers,

Attached: Download.jpg (276x183, 10K)

the answer to this is that you use headphones and reserve speakers for your home stereo setup.

Get larger desk or stands. With studio monitors bigger problem is that you should have them placed in certain ways (triangle with same length sides) to get the best sound, which pretty much makes it impossible to use more than single monitor on the desk.
I've had no issues fitting 2 studio monitors on 140x70 cm desk.

Go look in the bst thread, there are people making it work just fine, maybe you should get more space, a better desk or even just speaker stands. I guess though its easier to be poor and spit and hiss when others suggest that there are better solutions.

I use a pair of floorstanding speakers with my PC normally. :)

Attached: kabinet.jpg (900x600, 130K)

Well, not quite like that, mine are actually on the floor. And I think they're a tad bigger than those.

I've been happy with an old pair of Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers I have. They sound vgood enough for music when I work and don't cost more than $20-$50 online. Don't be a consumer.

Works fine for me

Attached: 20180728_234652.jpg (4128x3096, 3.1M)

>this post
>0.05 rupees

Attached: buy lsr 305 is beddy beddy gud.jpg (70x43, 3K)

>not properly orienting your bookshelf speakers
that's a real big yikes from me dawg

btw, had a smaller desk before, worked just fine

the speakers are straight lined up on the table. picture just puts them on a weird angle.
Any other orientation upsets my german genes

>the speakers are straight lined up on the table
that's exactly the fucking problem you goddamn moron

It annoys me if they are not.
Shut up I will konzentrate you

the speakers should face you and the distance to both speakers should be the same distance between the two (equilateral triangle). thats how they are meant to be used.

you might as well be using shitty 10 dollar tinny ass pc speakers if you're not going to line those up properly with your listening position

>speakers pointed straight, well below ear level, ultra wide meme monitor instead of two monitors
>8ft ikea memetop that's half empty cardboard
>I did it!

Literally disgusting

Speakers are generally supposed to be angled at you.
There isn't much point at angling them towards walls, unless you have 2 heads.

>8ft ikea memetop that's half empty cardboard
costum build that stupid table was a lot of work and money
real oak wood 2m work-desktop
height adjustable feet
>ultra wide meme monitor instead of two monitors
I love ultra wide monitors, they are lovley and not a meme. Prefere them over any dual monitor setup
btw, getting a second monitor soon, will place it above this current one, thats why the stand is visible

I know that they should be. But I did not experience any noticeable difference, so I choose the cleaner look.
AND I AM centered between the speakers because I often have to use the pc and the laptop at the same time.

Copied and pasted from /sqt/ cause this thread seemed more relevant.

Help me choose Jow Forums, KRK Rokit 5 gen3 or Audioengine A5

I have the opportunity to buy either of these for £150.
Any pros/cons to either? I'm leaning towards the Audioengines because they can be controlled with a remote and honestly I think they look nicer.

Attached: IS513084-01-01-BIG.jpg (916x1296, 148K)

worktop-express.de/
btw, if Jow Forums is interested in a wood desktop, I can recommend this website (german). They have high quality, customizable real wood desktops for a excellent price

Mah nigga

Those speakers are absolutely amazing for their price. Edifier generally has quality products.

Attached: meftV0q.gif (800x533, 1.34M)

oh, like this two of those, a $10 amp, and speaker cable = $28

Yeah I use these and they work fine. And that's from someone who has $300 headphones and $200 IEMs

This

KEF LS50 Wireless

>JBL LSR 305
I got them used for like $40 each, the hiss is not bad if you are 4 feet away

Yea but that's because headphones, especially IEMs can never match the audio recreation of speakers. It's literally just a volume problem. Headphones only have an advantage of controlling the listening environment but even cheapass speakers with digital equalization in a properly treated room will beat highend headphones, especially IEMs

>Headphones only have an advantage of controlling the listening environment
And placement. Which is a big problem with speakers. It's why people think headphones sound remotely acceptable

the intel 2500k of desktop speakers

Attached: 91b645ae-03d4-401f-abc3-62cc0bcb7525[1].jpg (588x441, 24K)

Anyone familiar with windows 7 and how to get sound working properly? I moved to a new place and set my computer up, only problem is my playback devices and such are all jacked. I can't get audio to go where I want it, playback for different applications is split up among 3 different playback devices. I cant even plug in my headphones and here anything.

Halp?

what about earspeakers?

Attached: stax-sr202-headphones.jpg (400x415, 22K)

I have this one it's indeed the best

edifiers. any pair will do.

GOD FUCKIGN DAMNIT YOU HAVE A GENERAL THREAD ALREADY
GET THE FUCK OUT

Can someone recommend a non overpriced stand/angler for my bookshelf speakers so I gain a bit of desk space and better sound.

All the ones on amazon either don't raise my speakers high enough of they're $50.

I use a JBL Flip bluetooth speaker because the speakers on my laptop are so shitty. I am really pleased with it so far. Can run all day without needing a recharge, no cable and wiring mess either.

creative t20

Is there a specific part of a speaker that burns out that i can somehow DIY replace so they won't die every 2-3 years?

Attached: mitsumine mashiro Doom [ani].gif (580x328, 2.92M)

Can't agree more. Everything these speakers do, they do it with perfection.

Anything by Edifier.

You need this(LG CM4320 with extra speakers).

Attached: IMG_0095.jpg (2448x2448, 1.49M)

These are the perfect PC speakers if you can find them for $200. They're also indestructible.

Attached: iloud micro monitors.jpg (1500x1125, 124K)

If the cat is not against the ceiling the SPL is too low.

Attached: rs_IMG_1361.jpg (2000x1500, 382K)

I cannot endure active stereo speakers where only one speaker has the amp.

>iLoud
Sounds like cheap chink crap.

Speakers was not loud for photo.
Because cat is running away with a speed of light when they are loud.

Yeah the name is ass and in pictures they look pretty cheap but they're sturdy as hell like you can chuck the fuckers at the wall. They're pretty well known by audio engineers for being good monitors for the price($300) but they would sometimes sell for $200.

>wireless
don't recommend anything ever again