Why ya'll mohfugas hate ubuntu? as winfag i'm really impressed that freecucks made os like this...

why ya'll mohfugas hate ubuntu? as winfag i'm really impressed that freecucks made os like this. it looks 100x better than win10 also just werks.

Attached: Screenshot_from_2018-07-28_13-43-46.png (1366x768, 2.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/spotify.html
stallman.org/google.html
stallman.org/discord.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/chrome.html
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=69884625
lifewire.com/remove-amazon-application-from-ubuntu-4134329
askubuntu.com/questions/760204/how-to-remove-the-unity-amazon-package-in-16-04
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why use linux when you use spotify chrome and shitcord?

Attached: 1502278331905.gif (250x300, 4K)

What's so bad about 'em?

it wasn't approved by the freetard sheeple leader

spotify scaling on high dpis is supposedly broke

To be honest, just by leaving windows you're already a hundred times safer, even if you use a "linux Jow Forums hates".
A malware author will never target at an OS used by 5% of the population, no sir, they want the fat cow, the 90% cow, so they AIM at windows.
And windows 10 have a shitton of holes.

Mine is better

Attached: osex.jpg (3840x1200, 1.22M)

I think the hate probably started when they enabled by default an option that sent desktop usage data to Amazon several years ago. As I understand it I guess that's disabled now, but they still lost the trust of many users that they'll probably never get back.

Also they seem to be a bit self-centered kind of like Redhat and not really give much of a shit about anyone not using Ubuntu.

>stallman.org/spotify.html
>stallman.org/google.html
>stallman.org/discord.html
>spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
>spyware.neocities.org/articles/chrome.html

>A malware author will never target at an OS used by 5% of the population
That is completely false. Haven't you ever heard of the idiots who get infected computers from downloading random shit from the AUR?

Yeah, hasn't this happened actually in the last 2 weeks?

>just werks.
>linux
pick one

I unironically love gnome wayland. I finally have a linux based laptop that works out of the box without screen tearing

Attached: 1502520105142.png (1600x900, 2.12M)

kys faggot

Have you got any problems while running wayland?

There's nothing wrong with Ubuntu. It works yes and its easy to use for windows faggots. Jow Forums is just full of autistic bastards who like a distro which need their attention 24/7. Ubuntu is a great is to use as a daily driver. Also nothing wrong with chrome etc. Ur using Linux so that's at least something!

thats too much os x copy
now that python comes preinstakled on all linix does not that make linux dangerous for malicious python scripts?

Unless you have a weird, but not too weird hardware it is generally the case.

nope. everything works. if you don't consider the touchpad issue of my particular laptop model everything works as intended. wine also works as you can see from my dock

That chrome one is retarded though.
>

Jow Forums is full of windows users who can't even use windows properly

>udindu

I have this problem actually. Using Asus Xonar DX on Windows 10 is a fucking nightmare due to poor drivers. Sometimes, while watching youtube, a incredibly loud static noise stars and lasts for 20-30sec. Fucking hell, even unofficial drivers don't help.

I don't have this problem on Linux however... there's no bass. Even with custom sound settings and equalizers.

True. But I love the fact of how easy Ubuntu is. Also mint is a beauty. Great for people who are just starting with Linux. Making it easy to switch. That's why I can't hate Ubuntu and the likes

Still ungoogled-chromium is better I think
If you don't care then just use chrome there is nothing wrong with that if you like it
I just thought OP was using linux because muh privacy

Attached: 1501485243958.jpg (1521x1107, 268K)

>thats too much os x copy
It was a work-issued macbook pro, so I figured "why not?".

psst, nothing personnel

Attached: index.png (275x183, 6K)

guy was a script kiddie who added 2 lines which didn't even did anything. AUR is for non retards who can read pkgbuild.

I really want to move to Linux but I play a lot of games that aren't supported by Linux and fiddling with vm's and wine is a pain in the ass

I wonder how many people just blindly install packages from AUR

What do you do on your PC aside from gaming?

This fucking smirk

Dual boot. That isn't so difficult
2 SSD. 1 Linux and the other windows.
I mean c'mon. Buy a console ffs. Quit gaming on PC and do something with your life.

You can dual boot or you can run linux in a vm if you need the cli.

Attached: 1530366916143.gif (703x800, 25K)

>if you dont use all free software, dont use an operating system with the better kernel
If this is all you think Linux is good for, stop using it, you fake fan.
GNU/Linux is superior and everyone should use it, whatever their purpose may be.

>shit desktop environments
>shit hotkeys
>no unification at all
>basic shit still needs to be done via CLI
>shitty way of installing non-repository software
Guys, I wanna like Linux, but it's nowhere near Windows in terms of out-of-the-box usability. Get your shit together, and start working on making 1 (one) great desktop distro, where at least native Linux software could be installed and used without wasting hours on this.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

Fucking this man. It needed to be said! Thanks

have you tried ububtu 18.04? you can install minimal version which basicaly does not have anything preinstalled.

I've intel atom processor and Ubuntu doesn't work.

Doesn't it still add the amazon logo?

Wallpaper please.

It's not superior for everything

Because unity is trash. Granted Xubuntu is good. But then again, most desktop Linux users are Mint.

>Personal computers were a mistake
The post.

I'm doing computer science in uni so I use some IDEs. But aside from those only browsing the Web. I'd be interested in video/music production in the future but I don't know if I'd ever get around to doing that

I'm a poor fag. I only have a shitty laptop to play games on :(

SSDs got pretty cheap lately. you can get a 250gb ssd for like 50€

nope
its absolutely clean only comes with calculator, pdf viewer, image viewer, firefox and archive open/compresing software, nothing more

You can have a windows partition and a linux partition on 1 ssd

Very nice. Is that the minimal iso or minimal option in the normal iso?

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=69884625

you download iso and there is option for minimal install

if you know how to follow instructions you can set up dxvk pretty easily and run any game on wine with little performance loss
>tfw was able to play through dungeon keeper 2 for the first time in several years because it would crash and run like shit on windows vista and later versions
>linux has better dos support than windows

I'll check it out in a VM.

It's outdated

build from source

I was talking about buying a console. My laptop has an SSD and a hard drive already (windows on the SSD). Should I install linux on the HD or partition the SSD? And will I have to wipe the respective drive if so?

>uses Linux so companies and goverenment won't spy on you
>spied on by discord

>it's literally just a link to amazon website in your browser
btfo

>the idiots who get infected computers
There wasn't even an infection. Whoever built the package simply left themselves an option to.The whole thing was a bit exaggerated in comparison to the Snap package that was found to actually contain a shitcoin miner. And even that is debatable in terms of threat severity. Worse case scenario, you block shitcoins in your hosts file.

>poorfags trying their hardest to emulate the beauty of MacOS with their hobo tier loonickses

Attached: mutt biz pepe.jpg (720x704, 98K)

>Amazon has been installed into the Unity desktop as part of a package called Unity-Webapps-Common.
>The unity-webapps-common is a metapackage containing lots of other packages. If you uninstall this application then you will lose other things that you may need.
Fag.

Probably lots, no thanks to Manjaro and Antergos. I don't mean that in a snarky way against the distros themselves, but Arch makes it abundantly clear that you need to pay attention to what you're installing. People who point and click both their installations AND their packages, are typically never even going to look at Arch documentation and thereby never see the warnings about the AUR. I really don't fear the AUR packages much because there's some seriously intense Arch users out there who will spot probably 99% of the attempts at screwing with packages.Read the comments on practically any AUR package. These people do not miss a beat.

I don't know where you got that idea, he's correct, it's nothing more than a link.

lifewire.com/remove-amazon-application-from-ubuntu-4134329
askubuntu.com/questions/760204/how-to-remove-the-unity-amazon-package-in-16-04

>Whilst researching for further information for this guide somebody mentioned that when you upgrade Ubuntu in the future the likelihood is that the Amazon icon will once again appear in the launcher.
>The reason for this is that the unity-webapps-common package may be updated or reinstalled and as the Amazon files are part of that package they will be installed again.

I'll take the bait because I want to say that I would use linux windows and macos at the same time if I had the money for a mac, it's not like I'm pretending macos sucks here

That's for the original Amazon package, the one in 18.04 is just a link.

I'd literally give you my iMac if it weren't such a hassle. MacOS sucks, I hate it. OS X was acceptable back in the day,but for whatever reason I just can't stand using Mac OS. It looks pretty good, but it has too many annoyingly weird ways of doing things.I will forever be grateful for it introducing me to UNIXy systems,though. It made jumping into Linux pretty easy.

Nope, right click show package information:
>This package contains .desktop files (launchers) and scripts for programs that are provided in an Ubuntu session by default.

not everyone uses linux for this reason you fucking mongloid

sudo rm /usr/share/applications/ubuntu-amazon-default.desktop
sudo rm /usr/share/unity-webapps/userscripts/unity-webapps-amazon/Amazon.user.js
sudo rm /usr/share/unity-webapps/userscripts/unity-webapps-amazon/manifest.json

Because Arch.
Why Cuntbuntu?
Scripnigger

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-07-28 21-48-34.png (1280x1024, 573K)

It's superior if you just use free software.
Otherwise, you're literally cucking yourself.

>"its just a link lol"
Thanks for proving my point.

huh?