Is there a way to 'duplicate' folders in windows? So for example, if I placed a file in Folder A...

Is there a way to 'duplicate' folders in windows? So for example, if I placed a file in Folder A, it would also show up in folder B?

Synology's cloud backup doesn't let you back up anything under Program Files, and I'm trying to figure out a way around that.

Attached: folder.jpg (580x400, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mirrorfolders.com/en/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You could make a symbolic link to a folder.
In my experience Windows programs treat it just as a regular folder.

Syncthing

Oh, and to make a symbolic link you need to use the command line, there is no GUI option, so just Bing it.

Welp, I went through the trouble of making the symbolic link, but Synology won't back it up anyway. Thanks for trying user.

I guess third party backup software is the only way.

op said duplicate
links don't duplicate, you still only have one copy of the files
just use some random sync software like syncthing

"Briefcase" functionality.

Attached: Untitled.png (436x378, 134K)

Interesting, but I don't think that works. New files that appear in the program files won't show up in the briefcase.

mirrorfolders.com/en/index.html

Program Files is just convention, you can install programs in any folder

Closest I think you could get to that is using a briefcase folder which just automatically copies the files across to any other comp on the network with a briefcase

Femanon when i use WSUSOffline to update windows 7 do I use the security patches only?

I don't use WSUS offline. I prefer Simplix Pack. Do as you feel.

Why the fuck would you want to back up Program Files anyways?

Game screenshots
Game mods
Game settings

Why wouldn't you? Full system backups are useful to get your system up and running ASAP without having to remember what programs you had and having to reinstall them, probably screwing with your appdata files. I can't fathom how Windows users are constantly "why would you want to back up program files and system files?" I've always had to waste hours in order to set up Windows again to my liking after I reinstall it due to some shitty issue caused by Windows itself. Having a full disk backup is superior.

Syncthing

Yo where the fuck is my briefcase?

Attached: Untitled.png (409x311, 59K)

rsync
yes you can run it on windows

Move screenshot/mods/settings folder to your documents folder, then make a symlink on the original location pointing to the folder inside your documents.
It just works

I'll try that. Should I be using "hard" or "soft" symbolic links?

Use /j
I can't remember which type it is

write your own daemon

>using windows 8
>using windows 8 with scaling
>using windows 8 default wallpaper