Paid Apps

Look, I am here just to say one thing:

Why can't you pay for a decent enough app, that is useful to you everyday.
Some developer has spent many sleepless nights in making an app, just to get meals two times a day and to pay rent every month. Nothing else.

And ffs, it just $1.99, and you will not be poor even if you bought 10 apps that you use everyday, goddamn it.

Attached: 2NqZJYQI.png (400x400, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kazufukurou.hikiplayer.pro
f-droid.org/en/packages/com.wmstein.transektcount/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's the nigger tier Android culture. Everything has to be free. I say that as an Android fag.
Additionally there are barely any apps that I use regularly. Most have flaws that I can't overlook.
Also the market is always right. Adapt or die.

Why do you call it a paid app if it's free? Are you dumb?

I'd there are free alternatives I'll use them.

All apps probably scrape my contacts, messages etc anyways.

The Apple iPhone X doesn't have this problem.

>jew user complaining about jew developers
I don't know man, I do buy apps I like.

Attached: hereforever.png (600x439, 258K)

The android app ecosystem is shit.
There are maybe a couple of decent paid apps (that eventually turn to shit because no developer wants to work for free).

OP here.

First of all, I am not a jew, I am german.

I am just a CS student studying in college. The income I recieve by the apps, goes compeletly to buy meals and pay rent.

There's not even profit here.

I'm fine with paying for apps, as long as it:
1. Serves a purpose
2. Isn't shit
This knocks a huge amount of paid apps out of the running, though.
Bonus points if they're open source but paid, I eat that shit up

Bekommst du kein Bafög, mein Neger?

Every last one of you cunts got into Google's game of spying on me, so now I won't have anything to do with any paid app, legit or pirated. I ripped all that Play Store garbage off my phone and use only free as in both beer and speech stuff from F-Droid.

Basically the very fact that you have a profit motive means I can't trust you to respect my privacy, in this day and age. If you lock up your source code so you can charge me for it, its a good bet that you're doing something underhanded.

In some countries, $1.99 can be quite a lot.

What's the name of your app OP?

I do pay for the mobile software applications that I like. couple of dollars isn't much for something I think is useful. I used to think I'd avoid the most bullshit user tracking if I paid for software, but these days, I expect even paid software do track and sell user data.

Look, I just want to tell you that if nobody pays for any apps then there will be no Indie developers want to create something intuitive.

There will only be companies like Facebook, Adobe, etc

Also, I have no ads and no tracking in my apps.

Analytics are optional, which are about crashes and helps me to determine whether my apps are working smoothly or not.

Because you should never pay for software. It has no value. What gives something value in the real world is how limited the resource to make it is.
With software, there is no limit to how many times it can be copy + pasted. You will never run out of the resources needed to distribute it.
Therefore software doesn't and will never have any value.
If I think you did a good job, i'll donate to your Patreon or something like that, but i'm not paying for software.

How often is there a choice really? Last time I thought I might buy for an app was when getting Ultimate Guitar app. They're feee website sucks on mobile so I thought the app might be functional with autoscrolls and all.

But it's not a fuckin 1,99$ purchase. It's 5.99/month. For app that's for reading user generated very compact content. Keep your shit.

>First of all, I am not a jew, I am german.

You should've started by stating this. Now that we know you are a cuckold enthusiast it all makes sense.

You should read up on some basic economics

>Why should I pay 10$ for a book if producing it only costs 1$.
>Why should I pay 100$ for a phone if producing it only costs 5$?
>Why should I pay 20.000$ for a car if producing it only costs 10.000$?
You know there's more that goes into a price than just manufacturing costs?
Your mentality is why developers have to resort to selling your data to make any money.

We shouldn't have revenue taxes.
Jesus Christ, whatever happened to doing things for the community without expecting anything in return.
Now everyone wants money.
Fucking jews, the lot of ya'. Why can't you just make an app everyone can use free of charge.

Unlike you fat communist pig in your mom's basement, people need to eat. Why don't you go produce kobe beef for everyone from the goodness of your heart then? Where is your community spirit commie homo?

How am I supposed to pay my rent and my food if I don't get any money for what I do, you faggot?

>making things without anything in return
I don't know you, but I would work like shit or live scamming people if I weren't paid

You bought a fucking Android, you get what you deserve.

That being said, every developer on iOS wants to be a millionaire overnight with every shitty app.

>In some countries, $1.99 can be quite a lot.
That's true, my rent is $1.99

NO

Get a real job. Software should be for the community.
Get a job you lazy mutt. In this capitalist society, you need to charge extra, but the internet is not an established society and should be communist.
Leave the capitalism to the real world.

OP here. I regret my existence as a developer now.

If you want to give up this easily (just because of not being paid if I may add), you shouldn't be in this profession in the first place.
Fake developer. You know how to program, but that's about it.

>data costs next to nothing to duplicate
>software is data
I guess it costs a little for power and a network connection.

>internet is not the real world
So all software projects should be hobby projects and developed in your free time? Please confirm that you're indeed a retard.
Thanks, but I'll stick to muh ebil capitalism. Let's see how it works out.
>Top 5 most valuable companies
>Apple
>Amazon.com
>Alphabet
>Microsoft
>Facebook
>Alibaba
Seems to be working great.

This.
We are already giving up money for your app. Why give up any more because you have bills to pay.

I only buy apps that are good to me from NEET developers
hikiplayer being a good example
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kazufukurou.hikiplayer.pro

Only reason they make money is because people
pay for their software
like the lot of chumps they are.

cause their software is valuable for them. yes, that's how capitalism works.
the many industries that were killed by internet companies can attest to that.

I only pay if there isn't a better FOSS alternative.
Most of the time the paid apps have an assload of features/bloat I will never use.

here's an easy example for a brainlet like you.
>a company's production planning costs $500.000 a year using traditional methods
>software X can reduce those costs to $100.000 a year
>how much is X worth to the company?
>you: nothing

Communism will rise up again.

An app is binary which is information. Information can be trivially copied infinite number of times and wants to be free. Fuck off, cuck.

>Information can be trivially copied infinite number of times and wants to be free.
>Information wants to be free.
>Information wants.
Information has never been free, you retard, and it definitely doesn't want shit.

I don't have gapps.

Somehow maybe the app devs are just not really smart programmers then. Either write an app so good everyone wants to have it, write it as a hobby and get a job or find a decent way to make money out of it. And yeah, there is non-asshole ways to make money with open source. I'm making my living with one.

OP here. Mind sharing some knowledge about it?

Most of those companies have nothing and produce nothing. Just look at Facebook value, it's like air at this moment.

Because i cant.
I buy apps when they let me, but devs are all about that botnet. No one makes paid apps.

Are you doing IT or some shit like that ? It's the only way I can find of making money with FOSS

>this stupid retard thinks it has to do with android.
No one tell him about the apple app istore

t. Corporate jew

Those companies sell the shit other companies produce. You dont seem to know much anything about economics.

Only applies to Alibaba. M$ Google and kikebook are ad companies that really heavily on people using their products a lot once people get bored or find something better they are pretty much dead (again look at kikebook apple). Apple slaps their logo in expensive chinkshit and markets it to retards and homosexuals.

Regardless of the effort involved, developing a mobile app is just not going to be afforded the same respect as developing desktop applications.
You need to understand the market you're getting into, Apple turned mobile into a retard friendly microtransaction filled joke instead of an actually serious platform.

You're generally more valuable as ads for the ad god than as a paid customer. Someone who buys an app makes you money once. Someone that you can spy on for advertisers is an ongoing revenue stream. See also: "software as a service"

Advertising creates sales

lol

Make a free app with ads and/or donation micropurchase.

What apps do you develop? I will pirate them for you to starve.

Because there's no such thing as universal licensing across multiple accounts on individual devices on PooDroid

I'm NOT going to purchase the exact same God damn app/game 2 - 3 times FUCK NO

GOOGLEL JEWS NEED TO GET THEIR HEADS OUT OF THE GUTTER ALREADY

Why are you using multiple accounts?

>yes, goy, work for me in your free time without getting paid
who's the jew?

Like I already stated in my previous post, individual devices and I don't want to tie all three accounts to every device just to install the same apps on them

Furthermore, it's how I much as prefer it, nosey fuck

>nosey fuck
Do you know you didn't have to tell him anything?

nobody with an Android phone makes more than $12/hr

they literally cannot afford to buy apps. most "people" who use Android devices had to finance their $250 phone

This.
I second this.

>this stupid retard doesn't know that Android niggers want everything for free

Attached: 123.png (600x836, 45K)

But I do pay for good apps. When it's worth less than 15 minutes of work it's a no-brainer.
>FX
>Poweramp
>Network Analyzer
>Nova Launcher
>Status Bar Info
>various icon packs

>fuckin jews

Better than a fucking commie like you.

Bullshit
Wake up to reality and go the step the fuck outside into the real world

A lot of God damn people on the planet have PooDroid devices and net in over $12/h

Sad but true :(

I make $22 an hour and have an Android phone. I have enough in my checking account to buy several iPhone X but I wouldn't because the only thing I'd do with them is smash them on a livestream to piss off poorfags.

Essentially what we do( i'm not self employed) is developing a big framework that's completely open source. We build web applications with it for clients that are also open source. Mainly we are paid for maintenance, support, building a new application for new clients, changing an existent one or it's design. Might be my favorite way of monetarizing open source( in our case MIT) stuff. Depending on the app, the support/maintenance/customization route might work as well, though there are other models. I just don't dig this "i once wrote this and now i keep getting money"-thing. Every car builder has to actually build each car before he can sell it.

>Why can't you pay for a decent enough app, that is useful to you everyday.
I can and I do. If someone makes something that's useful to me I'll be more than happy to pay them for their efforts.

t. Android user

Why should I pay? No There are foss/free alternatives for everything.

OP here. So basically you are working in an IT firm like Redhat, Suse etc.

Otfen times the free alternative is objectively inferior to the paid product. Ads, missing/locked features.

If everyone does it then everyone benefits. No place for jews. Stalin correctly purged many in his time.

I unironically paid for textra and solid explorer, and pocket casts. Other than those, you can literally get a good free app for whatever purpose in the playstore or fdroid

Everyone won't do it though, please learn basic human evolutionary psychology.
Humans are naturally "evil", distrusting, mean spirited, tribalistic, competitive assholes, and any society and state must understand this concept.
Also equality is a joke.

Android sucks but for me it's the opposite reason. The phones have too many apps, my phone provider and manufacturer both put stupid shit on my phone and I am unable to disable Android system notifications and I cannot disable voicemail notifications.

Ideally I could still use windows phone 8, but both fb messenger and Google Hangouts broke their integration with it, and venmo no longer works just with text messaging.

The ideal phone for me would do nothing but allow me to communicate with people via text, manage my calendar, provide dps, and handle payments and transit (lyft, metros, etc), have web browser and do nothing else. Ideally people wouldn't even be able to call me.

oh wait, you're an actual fucking communist who believes in a pie in the sky utopia where every human works 8h a day for free without incentives.

Werks for me, it's just a phone.

Android apps are either adware pretending to be useful or spyware pretending to be useful.
>paying to be spied on
nope.jpg

>buying phones from carrier
Go unlocked and unbranded or stick with a flip phone. If your carrier doesn't do BYOD consider a different carrier.

It's hilarious that there's some new internet movement of angry right wing communists.

>evolutionary psychology
pseudoscience

just wann see who got it

I agree but neurological studies with respect to evolution and human behavior stand no chance of getting funding at the moment so it's the best that can be done.

listen faggot

I've paid for a couple apps that I use daily.

Good thing we don't need it. Humans naturally want to conserve energy.
For them to do shit there has to be a very good reason that must directly be related to survival and a communist utopia is not it.

|
|>
|
|

yes, that was what I was getting at
communism is biologically impossible

I bought from my carrier because it allows me to have digital voicemail so I can dismiss voicemail faster without listening to some robot voice. I will consider it from my next phone especially if I can just disable voicemail entirely but I'm not motivated to purchase another phone as of yet.

Flip phones do not appeal to me because I need to type email on the go and I need things like lyft, gchat, venmo. Windows phone was the best phone platform for me but it's dead. I will unlock my phone when I get a chance to disable all remaining notifications.

This, open source alternatives are everywhere for every single app I use they are lightweight, get shit done and don't spy me everytime.
Give me one single reason to use a non free app when the open source equivalent is on f-droid?
What is your app? What can I do with it?
There are 2 cases:
- your app has better open source equivalent --> your app is useless
- you app target a small activity --> still a great chance an autistic developer has a more featured app than you on f-droid, if not your app is either useless or nobody can find a use case in your app (nobody will need it).
Example:
f-droid.org/en/packages/com.wmstein.transektcount/ good luck trying to do a similar app and sell it

I am not obligated to support your poor life decisions.

So you create difficulties for yourself just to complain about them, understandable. Are you running a *bsd on your desktop as well?

Flash LOS without gapps, so you won't even be tempted to install trash from play store.

lol, butthurt much?

I pay for apps:

That have a pro/paid version. Cant stand IAP that doesnt want to work w/o internet. And fuck you Gameloft. You make great games but stop being greedier and greedier.

That don't have ridiculous permission. If i paid you, it's none of your business what i use it for.

4.0 and above. I dont pay for garbage

And I always buy donate/pro versions of FDROID apps i use.