Cope or not thread

Attached: 3831A7D0-51F1-4590-9BBC-4314B77F7DAE.png (750x1334, 340K)

>Seagate
Wait until the easystore 8tb is on sale again, because it usually always is

Nah, get the Best Buy WD's with Reds in them.

You'd be better off buying a bunch of smaller disks that are like 1-2TB a piece. I've learned the hard way not to put all my eggs in one basket. But for $150? Fuck yeah, buy a few those things.

Seagate

Can't imagine 8TBs of data loss all at once

Use RAID10.

Have few of these. for storage they are best thing.

>seagate

JUST my data pls senpai, the brand

whites*
Basically reds though

>expert installation
What happens when I select this?

enclosure is shit. had to take mine out of the enclosure because it was randomly resetting and causing issues.

an "expert" goes to your house and "installs" it for you

Make sure to buy the expert installation, too

what is the reliable brand out there?? samsung is so expensive, ill take a look at this user’s rec, what do you think about wd and toshiba?

This?

Attached: chrome_2018-07-29_14-15-08.png (1003x893, 110K)

I think that's the one, they're good b/c they're supposed to have wd nas red's in them or relabled reds with white labels. I bought two of them for $140 each and put them in a synology nas raid 1

The one I bought had a red

>tfw we're literally on the brink of dipping below 1¢ per GB
it's a good feel bros

Reddit actually has a thorough breakdown of these

Basically it's recommended to buy them in-store so you can check the serial number on them.
>Yes, the initial batches were bonafide 8TB reds
>Majority of them are White lebeled Reds, however some have more cache than others
>Users also reported having issues with the white label drives on older SATA ports
>So the gist is, you buy them in-store and so you can return them if you don't get the serial number you want

Never understood why Samsung was popular--the one Samsung that I had which was the go-to for every data hoarder was so fucking loud that it caused my whole case to shudder--never had a drive do that. Out of all the drives that I previously had, it was the only drive I ever voluntarily discarded because the negligible increase in performance wasn't worth the additional noise

Yeah

You mean cop

The most reliable is HGST.

>I've learned the hard way not to put all my eggs in one basket.
You haven't learned jack shit, otherwise you wouldn't think fiddling around with disk sizes to get the best reliability is a valid substitute for backups.

yes it's cope cause you cant afford an ssd