Is Jow Forums screwed?

Attached: 1515413377658.png (444x218, 22K)

We have freedom unlike Yurocucks, so no.

Alistair Smout here. Could you please post the headline in text and link back to reuters.com for SEO purposes? Thanks so much.

I think it would depend on if they market themselves as a legitimate news source.

I.e. Jow Forums and The Onion should not be affected but Breitbart would be.

>no mention of CNN
kek

No long term repercussions there

Yeah, UK lawmakers have better things to be doing.

>UK

Well, that does not apply to whole EU right? That should only apply to bongs.

>CNN, the most trusted name in news, gives Trumplestiltskin cucks some hard truths they literally cannot refute
>f-f-fake news! it's the lizard people trying to control us!
wew lad

no, Jow Forums has a disclaimer

Genuinely don't know what fake news is and never seen any, I don't have facebook and use an adblocker though.

By that logic "rating" firms should be liable for placing speculative or out right fake news for profit.

Attached: 1491241735808.png (1001x899, 674K)

No, because we're not a news site. Never was, never will be.

>be journalism media
>bullshit for decades
>muh protected anonymous source
>muh successful diet and muh super rich each week scheme click-bait
>literally don't cover real shit that's going on, such as migrants attacking people and rape gangs n shit
>instead you cover a vanilla story and wrap it with hours of projection and opinions
>tv is just 5 minutes opinion, projection and gossip followed by 55 minutes of adverts
>website is just 5 sentences of opinion, projection and gossip followed by 55 frameworks, bloatware, trackers, adverts, and paywalls
>wonder why everyone's now getting their daily updates from some Jow Forumstard scitzo called "Q"
Fuck. Them.

>someone mentions breibardt
>But but MUH CNN

>Never was
found the newfag

CNN samefagging

Well then, governments and politichians shouldbe liable for calling real news fake news.
If I had elon musk level money I would create news site that shows EVERYTHING. But any government can take any news article/discussion at any time by callingvit fake news. Catch is - if that news piece is found to be true it goes back up and news about government lying becomes front page news. If government lies 3 times in a year - they can't take down articles for a year AND news about that government is instant front page for a year.

based
bluepilled and libtarded

governments should not be allowed, in any capacity, to determine what's real and what's not. That power and responsibility has always lied with each individual person. And trying to hold the press responsible for their lies means comparing what they say against a version of the truth. When the people do this, they do so by changing the channel, and starve the organization of attention. When governments do it, they penalize anyone who says something the government says isn't true regardless of how true it actually is.

The problem now is that virtually all the big news outlets are controlled by seven corporations (few enough for their executives to coordinate) and they all have to answer to the AP. You can't starve them of attention because now they have all of it. There's a video showing a ton of news anchors from supposedly competing networks all reading from the same script saying that failure to listen and believe them is "extremely dangerous to our democracy". What needs to happen is this media oligopoly needs to be broken up, but people will have to die in order for that to happen. But if it does, and the press is actually forced to compete with other presses, it'll be much easier for them to tell the truth rather than profitable lies.

>everyone's now getting their daily updates from some Jow Forumstard scitzo called "Q"
(not true, by the way)

>I don't like news sites because it's all lies and speculation!
>therefore every rant written by an anonymous user in the politically incorrect board of an anime discussing website is true!!
Wewe laddie-da.

Attached: ae1a5cc8c114b88024e711c2046c037af0426a8d3c7213defe7db8b196057494-tech.jpg (540x720, 51K)

Traditional media has the benefit of the doubt because of largely long-standing track record for accuracy. But they’re squandering that, such as when they reported pollsters put Hillary at +90% to rin.
Jow Forums doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. Those faggots have to go above and beyond to be given any sort of credence. Ironically, this means I can trust Jow Forums over the media. However, that doesn’t mean I take everything as gospel and live according to what some no-faced faggot writes on an imageboard.

You got a loicense for that news?

why are Britfags so obsessed with disarming and censoring people?

You got a loicense for that question?

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Reminder you can report british shitposters to the bobbies and they can literally be charged for shitposting

Jow Forums literally turn fake news into true news

t.virgin

I wonder that they mean by "tech firms".

They mean hosting companies will become liable for their client's content?

Or do they think companies like Google have control over content because "I got here through Google, how do the internets work?"