Let us combine our intelligence to help me get this stupid sink off

Let us combine our intelligence to help me get this stupid sink off.

Attached: IMG_20180729_182552.jpg (2448x3264, 2.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1328
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: IMG_20180729_181300.jpg (2448x3264, 1.8M)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Please this is a very important step sir

Did you try a saw?

I would like to put it back on later though...

Flathead screwdrivers between clip and plastic socket.
Pops right out.

is that an asus nForce2 socket 462 / A motherboard?

take care while removing the heatsink clip from socket a motherboards, it is on tight. use a small flatblade screwdriver. check youtube you more detail.

Glued it back on after.

I said intelligence.

Awesome, bless you and thank you very much!

Attached: IMG_20180729_183822.jpg (3264x2448, 2.48M)

It is, yes. Is this thing worth upgrading?

His advice isn't that stupid to be honest, sometimes, even after removing the stuff the holds the sink on the cpu, the sink won't come off. If you heat up the paste a bit, by for example turning your pc on, you have a better chance of removing it in that situation.

"Twist harder, nigga."
-Jow Forums

Direct die CPUs like that or the Pentium 3 never used adhesive paste. From factory it even often used a thin foil strip instead of paste.

>Let us combine our intelligence to help me get this stupid sink off.

OP will end up getting his dick stucked in this heatsink with courier knocking to his door with package containing two dragon dildos that op ordered during this thread

because Jow Forums

Cute foot, OP

stick an ATI radeon 8500 in there and you have a retro rig from the golden age of gaming.

I remember paying close to $1000 USD for a 1GHz Athlon back in the day. happy days. worth every penny.

twist and pull

>golden age of gaming.
Early 2000 != golden age of gaming.

Thank you.

Deus Ex, June 17, 2000

Diablo II, June 30, 2000

Max Payne, July 23, 2001

Counter-Strike, various betas, 2000+

you must have been sleeping then. did you ever wake up?

again, reminds me of the best motherboard ever made, the EpoX 8RDA+. Never had so much stability and power for the time.

pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1328

with a Athlon XP 3200+ and a ATI 9800 XT, I remember playing Half-life 2 at a smooth framerate. Had that PC in one form or another all the way till 2006. Best value for money ever.

Attached: epox-logo.jpg (1024x768, 46K)

>best motherboard ever made
Nothing personal kid.

Attached: AbitNF7S.jpg (2665x2232, 3.01M)

thats the NF7, the NF7-S had gen 1.5 sata. they seem to be missing on that one.

This. Best method.

My bad, you're right, the NF7-S v2.0 was what I meant. God tier board when it wasn't blowing itself up.

So you already had a thread on and still later decided to make another one here?
You stupid idiot...

EPoX > ABit. the 8RDA+ was the king.

Eh, I've had both. Epox is more no frills. I prefer something with a little more tweaking and bels and whistles. Though I will admit I have landed on Asrock today, it's a nice balance of the two.

Question

what's the non-pci port that's in the first slot down from the cpu called? the black on?
I'm new to taking apart computers and I haven't taken apart anything with ports older than IDE and PCI, I think.