Why was Windows 10 so terrible?

Even thinking about it makes me angry. It's fucking unusable. Right from the start, you're bombarded with telemetry bullshit (can we collect literally all your personal information LOL)

When you click the start menu for the first time, there's nothing but fucking bullshit ads there. 'Minecraft'? Is this a fucking xbox?

It's like Windows 7 but worse in every fucking way. It's like a parodic mixture of everything vile and awful about modern technology. Thinking about it makes my blood boil.

How much longer will it be feasible to use Windows 7? Because if this is the future of Windows, I'm going to switch to fucking Linux. Holy shit fucking Microsoft.

The worst company that has ever existed, and ever will exist. Literal murder would be more honorable than the slow psychological and emotional torture of Windows 10.

Attached: 1024px-Windows_logo_-_2012.svg.png (1024x1024, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/NeoClassic-UI/Menu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tl;dr

Attached: file.png (750x421, 321K)

Meh, you can customize start (and the rest of Windows out of box options) to show only what you want to see.

Might take 15-30 minutes first time setup.

Much rather do that than use some gimped OS like Linux. Want to play a game, run enterprise software or do anything else? Time to run 5 wrappers or get wine or whatever the hell else you do.

Seriously, if you're not a tinfoil hat muh data being send to the CIA shill, Windows 10 is great.

all those words and basically what you said is "the start menu is bloated"
github.com/NeoClassic-UI/Menu and o&o shut up 10
5 minute install for both to make it look exactly like windows 7 and disable all telemetry
I'm sure you'll find something to complain about anyway though

>I'm sure you'll find something to complain about anyway though
Yes, the fact that I have to do this in the first place.

>will go through 900 convoluted steps to install a linux distro that still is missing essential drivers
>can't spend 5 minutes to have 100% botnet free world class standard operating system
Jow Forums in a nutshell

>100% botnet free world class standard operating system
Windows 10 IS the botnet. As convoluted as Linux is, at least it's worth it when you finally understand it. With Windows 10, you're fighting a constant battle to retain control of your personal data. It's pointless.

>Because if this is the future of Windows, I'm going to switch to fucking Linux.
>I'll do it! I'll really do it this time!
I don't believe you. You'll continue to be used by Windows.

The distro I use just works. I didn't have to install any missing drivers

If W10 is the future, Linux will be easier to use.

Doesn't matter. Linux has been easy to use for years. Windows useds still haven't switched to it. They keep coming up with excuses to continue being used by Windows.

W10 is unusable if your care about your privacy. I understand your point, but this is something inherent in the OS. It isn't worth it anymore.

I'll use Windows 7 until at least 2020 when the updates stop, but I'm not switching to Windows 10.

>How much longer will it be feasible to use Windows 7
It already isn't unless you're on 10 year old hardware.

Fucking pirate Enterprise. It's not hard.

You're an addict, desperate for your 'fix'.

It just collects anonymized diagnostic data. I don't know why everyone has their panties in a twist over this.

Of course you don't, shill.

>>can't spend 5 minutes to have 100% botnet free world class standard operating system
>can't spend 5 minutes to disable some trivial annoyances in Windows and actually be productive

How does Classic Shell disable telemetry?

The real solution is dual boot. Windows for gaming, Ubuntu for everything else. Driver issues solved across the board.

>How much longer will it be feasible to use Windows 7?
As long as you can get drivers for your hardware. I don't see actually relevant software abandoning Win 7 anytime soon. Also, Win 8.1 is even better than 7 - just install Classic Shell.
>I'm going to switch to fucking Linux.
I tried multiple times - trust me, Linux is light years behind even Win 10 when it comes to usability.

Attached: lXSWGjR.png (1092x1037, 65K)

It isnt it just works

as a normy if the info they get gives me the ability to run games, download software and just clikc install I will use Windows over Linux distors any day

my time is precious, if its internet connected I am already ready for loss of privacy but I do want my software easily installed and run games

Attached: 5256_dragon_ball_z_hd_wallpapers_goku_vegeta.jpg (1111x963, 298K)

>Linux is light years behind even Win 10 when it comes to usability.
You've spent fuck knows how many years being used by Windows and almost zero using Linux. Are you really surprised that you're less familiar with Linux than you are with Windows?

>can I download software from the internet and just click install ? / no....ok

>do the 99% of game, software producers cater to Windows ? / yes....so why shouldnt someone claim Windows is more useable and be correct

It's less about being unfamiliar with Linux, and more about expecting some out of the box usability
>debian, depending on DE, might not even have default GUI installer for deb packages
>some DEs don't even allow you to change taskbar position
>some DEs don't even react to Win button
>lots and lots of distros instead of 2-3 for home/enterprise/server usercases
>installing software outside of repositories is a pain in the ass and a lottery
>LOTS and LOTS of basic stuff still needs to be done via CLI
and that's just the beginning.

My laptop has been getting system failures and forced restarts ever since the last update. Those Pajeets at Microsoft should be dragged out to the streets and shot

>shot
*shat at

the software center/package manager gui should be your first stop for downloading software if you don't want to use the command line. as a bonus you're not downloading random blobs.
if you're prepared to learn then linux is far more customizable than windows

I hate it because it runs like shit

>the software center/package manager gui should be your first stop for downloading software
sure, but It doesn't a lot of stuff you might need. Right off the bat I can name: WPS office, Steam, shotcut
> linux is far more customizable than windows
True

I dont know why they made it so difficult to disable that cortana bitch.

I don't get it. Windows 7 and 8.1 are decent yet Windows 10 is complete trash. What happened? Soon I really will be forced to use Linux

Unpopular opinion: Windows 10 is the perfect successor to Windows 7. Only reason people hate it is because it's fashionable among normies to hate it.

Are you telling me that you don't experience problems sometimes after an update? If you say yes I know you're lying.

>tfw Win10 LTSB

Attached: 33.png (204x190, 68K)

>not being on a ryzen win7 system

>break the system
>at least it's "botnet free" world class shit or whatever they wrote on the box

The only things that have caused me problems on windows 10 are third party anti-virus (like Avast) and AMD drivers. Both led to numerous blue screens, but eventually I fixed the issue.

>If you say yes I know you're lying.
How am I supposed to answer if you already fix your opinion on one answer? I have no problem when I update my windows so far.

Attached: 1522082785427.jpg (532x637, 127K)

It wasn't enough good for the chinese government.

You guys don't remember that terrible creator's update?

Stockholm syndrome is a common issue among windows users.

>going to switch to fucking Linux
You're already too late. You should've done this already. Learning a different OS takes half a year.

Nope, I have problem there when I installed it. The only problem I had was when the first time w10 got released.

>W7 + W10 UI, no """""features""""" or """""feature""""" updates and only half the regular w10 botnet
It's good for me.

Your computer must be what’s shit.

When will Microsoft come out with Win11? It's been so long since we've had a "good" windows (XP/7). How much longer are they going to go with the bullshit that is 10?

This 100%. Windows 7 is slow and unsupported out of the bo*.

If it's not available for Linux, then it's not.
Run a virtual Windows machine, the whole pipeline thing is a headache, really.
Linux is really a better choice.

Didn't have an issue with it.

>Not using Kubuntu which strips out all that stupid garbage and gives you a superior DE on top of it.

At least you think windows 10 is a complete garbage. Few decades and you will grow out the whole PC shit too.

stay salty for eternity win7 obsolete faggot :-)

You're telling me it takes half a year to learn OS X?

>At least you think windows 10 is a complete garbage.
Exactly. If LTSB wasn't a thing then i'd have bought a mac or something already.

Yes. It's literally the same as Linux. Unless you're moving to exclusively use it, then any OS takes a week or two to get the basics. But anything advanced still takes months. You won't just do everything with the OS on your first day.

Windows 10 is literally eternal.

Attached: 1528661348319.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

>But anything advanced still takes months
You sound like a 15 year old bragging about his LEGO toys. We're not talking learning how to code for fuck's sake, and even then winbabbies don't do advanced stuff on windows itself for god's sake. Pathetic.

>he doesn't know
Windows 10 is the last version. From now on, it's just constant fine-tuning of the botnet, sweetie. That's why we're contemplating Linux as an alternative; there's no hope anymore.

Windows 10 LTSB.

I agree Windows 10 sucks ass. I'm in literal awe when I ask my friends what they think about it and they're fine with all the bullshit.

LTSB is good. Bought a key off Ebay for $10, great experience. Recommend.

Win10 will eternally the best. Can't say the same about other inferior mortal win tans.

>not using KDE neon which is like kubuntu but with newer Plasma version

This except the forced restarts. I literally made a thread about it a few days ago. I was on fucking LTSB too. I went back to Windows 7.

No, it literally takes months for linux unless you don't check out different DEs. You're NOT going to do everything you'd do on an OS in your first weeks.
If you're talking about just installing shit from your app store and using a web browser and libre office then of course it won't take months. Any retard can learn this in 5 minutes and it's practically identical to MacOS and Windows 10.

Would something like pihole stop Windows 10 from phoning home to Microsoft?

What's the difference between 10 LTSB and regular 10 Enterprise with all the shit removed with a script? Just the way it handles updates?

Why is paint 3D so shit?

>everything
As fucking if the regular joe knows what every little thing in the window registry does either.

No one will ever have learn the whole OS and both the basics and intermediate things can be figured out in a week. Stop bullshitting, asshole.

Telemetry is still a problem though.
I won't touch Windows 10 again until that's fixed, but the problem is there's no Windows 10 without telemetry BS, hence there's no hope it'll ever be fixed.

This. People are really failing to grasp that there will never be another do-over. There is no Windows 11, there is no eol for W10. we have gotten to the point where software companies know they have us by the balls and will feed us whatever the fuck they want. The only fucking thing they care about is data.

We're all responsible for this. All of the fucking time we spent onchat rooms, forums, social media, etc have taught the companies that we are fucking addicts who will suck their dicks to get another hit. For every 1 person who fights there are 1000 more people that will glady give their data over in exchange for automatically uploading their Candy Crush high score to Facebook.

>That's why we're contemplating Linux as an alternative; there's no hope anymore.
Yet you'll never actually switch to it. You'll continue to be used by Windows forever. If you were going to switch you would have done so by now.

UWP was a mistake. I swear to fucking Haruhi, the UI in Windows 10 is such piece of literal dog shit. It drives me batshit mad.

Attached: fc16cec2-3f5f-4726-a2cb-8a0ef9baa2e9.png (1024x495, 428K)

I will switch eventually I'll just have an offline wangblows 7 machine for gayming and linux for everything else. Literally no downsides

>there's no Windows 10 without telemetry BS

My Windows 10 is in a VM without network access. If it fights its way past my Xubuntu host I'll salute it smartly then delete the VM.

Windows 7 is fine. When that's no longer feasible to use, I'll switch to Linux.

>I swear to fucking Haruhi
I want to fuck Haruhi too

You say that, but all 6 my computers are now running linux except for my gaymen rig. And even that, I'm going to set up a dual boot.

>For every 1 person who fights there are 1000 more people that will glady give their data over
This is it. It's incredibly bleak.

So, in other words, you'll continue to be used by Windows.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Ideally I'll get windows running in a VM in linux with gpu passthough.
>you'll continue to be used by Windows.
I like gaymen and I try to use Linux versions where they are available, and they are increasingly becoming available even on launch of some major titles. However, for now, windows is still necessary if you want your gaymen.

So, in other words...

In other words you are an autistic faggot and are not helping people move the linux community with your shitty attitude.

You dropped your x

>not using Google Chrome on Windows 10
Feels comfy being a good goy

>not using Microsoft Edge™
Try again sweetie

>basics and intermediate
You wouldn't believe how many things this includes. A Mac user can easily learn basics of Linux because they're almost the same as Mac, but a windows user will have to get used to a completely different way of software management and overall folder structure.

I guess I'm biased cause already do most shit in command prompt in windows and keyboard shotcuts in general. It'd be just memorizing a bunch of shit in the command line honestly, but I am an exception now that I think about it

This but unironically.

>command line in windows

I said command prompt, doofus

You are the one who switched to insults and slurs. You really do seem like an addict desperate for your "fix".

I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw the snarky, passive-aggressive shit built into the OS about switching your default browser away from edge. When you first open edge (to download firefox/chrome) it bombards you with stats about how edge is supposedly better, and when you go to switch the default browser you get a prompt reminding you of how you shouldn't switch. It's nuts. Imagine if they had shit like that in a linux distro, people would lose their shit.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

It's because those idiots at Microsoft cant be consistent. Plus they refuse to let go of sys32 so old programs like Notepad and File Explorer still look like ass. If everything was converted to UWP it would probably be more consistent

But its not

How about you stop autstically attacking people who are switching to linux, you are being counter-productive. You seem addicted and desperate for your autistic "fix"

It's worrying that you're not even able to follow a conversation at this point.

Works for me

>people who are switching to linux
They're not switching to Linux. That's the whole point. They say they will but they never do. They're too addicted to being used by Windows. I'm trying to open their eyes to this.

Well, you are obviously biased. Being on Jow Forums usually implies you have above average computer skills.

>I'm trying to open their eyes to this.
No, you're just being autistic and driving people away. Instead of attacking them, you should be offering helpful alternatives to using windows. Do you not see how your behavior is counter-intuitive?