Let's talk about thunderbolt

youtube.com/watch?v=uOlQbP63lDQ
So Wendell made thunderbolt work in threadripper system. He came to conclusion that the only reason behind thunderbolt support officially missing is the absence of intel's binary blobs and license limitations.
And now we have Apple with every device relying on thunderbolt (except for maybe latest iphones which have usb-c). And they decided to dump intel.
What makes them think intel will cooperate? WIll they drop thunderbolt on macbooks? Or will intel cooperate if apple keeps x86 imacs and mac pros?
Or maybe apple can effortlessly get away with it? Do they have the rights to license thunderbolt devices themselves?

Attached: tb.png (459x428, 328K)

Thunderbolt was designed by both Apple and Intel but if it really came down to it Apple would walk. That's why Intel will be willing to play ball if it comes to it. Better to make a few shekels than no shekels. Also if Apple continues supporting it then others might adopt it so Intel can make even more shekels.

>Also if Apple continues supporting it then others might adopt it
just like firewire.

I literally fell asleep

why is it so boring?

because you're a brainlet
wendell just gave a heads up basically for everyone to do this mini hack themselves if they so want
some retard like you wouldn't even know where to start even though he tells you in the video

Attached: 1530125962409.jpg (584x800, 78K)

Told us that he did it... too scared to show us how he did it because he is scared that he won't get any more samples from Intel... Yeah...

What a world we live in.

Lmao what a fat pussy

>Told us that he did it... too scared to show us how he did it
what are you talking about. he literally tells you how to do it. or how he did it. he gives enough info for you to do it yourself if you know how, or to search for how to learn to do it.

Intel and Apple have already split ties on a corporate level, they are just waiting for licensing periods and contractual obligations to expire. Apple is making there own in house SoC and are working on CPU's for 2020 and beyond. They have already told Intel they won't be using their 4g and 5g radios moving forward. I really hate Apple, but find it hilarious that they might have a homebrew CPU for next gen Macs before Intel manages to successfully launch a 10nm CPU.

They'll switch to USB, fuck that cancer bolt.

He literally told how to do it. He only said he won't upload any blobs because they are copyrighted. But he said how to obtain them in this very video.

Attached: this.png (760x183, 29K)

Now figure it out how he did it and what he dumped you fag.

I like Thunderbolt though. Aside from licensing, what is wrong with it?

Show us step by step or have a guide like he does for his GPU passthroughs.

no. why would i waste my time doing that? i literally have no tb3 devices or any intel mobos.
im not gonna waste hours of my time to get something you want working for yourself.
fuck you, pay me bitch.

You are a brainlet. You don't even know how to do it and you are wasting time anyway because you are an incompetent fuck. If you want to prove something prove it or get the fuck out.

USB works at a different level than Thunderbolt, or even FireWire for that matter. They connect directly to memory.

>projecting this hard
he literally tells you what to do in his video. just because you're a dumb cunt that couldn't understand it doesn't mean everyone else is.
you want me to do free work for you. im telling you to pay me or go fuck yourself fucking retard

Attached: 1532456131914.png (800x729, 48K)

USB uses DMA since 3.

No he didn't. He showed the reset patch. And all he did was he showed what he used to dump the UEFI, no blob extractions, nothing or how he implanted the copyrighted blob in the other board's UEFI. Maybe it's like how your impotent father impregnated your prostitute mother. If you know how AMI UEFI works then congratulations. Keep that information and shove it up your ass.

Nobody said anything about uploading blobs.

>WWAAAAH HE TOLD ME HOW HE DID IT BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T SHOW ME STEP BY STEP HAND HOLDING INSTRUCTIONS AND TO DOWNLOAD HIS THE SOFTWARE HE USES LIKE THOSE LEET HACKER SITES THAT I FREQUENT BECAUSE IM A LEET HACKER

get out nigger

Attached: 1532600553077.png (658x662, 59K)

>copying blobs around
are any of them required to be digitally signed to work?

based wendell

Firewire wasnt adopted as Thunderbolt is now.

Nah,the guy is boring as heck.

>le apple is going to ARM maymay
Bullshit.

>USB 4
>still client host arch with no direct PCIe exposition or DMA
OCUlink should be shilled more.

Apple wanted to charge to much money per firewire port

Yes. and now they arent making the same mistake.

pretty sure this alone can be a very nice lawsuit from intel not only dropping it

Because you are a brainlet gaymer with no interest in technology unless it pertains to your gayming superficial moronism accompanied by 9gag-tier "comedy".

Because Wendell is just a fat greedy neck beard who knows a bit about Linux. Teksyn was better but too many beta nerds got butthurt that they were just employees and stole a bunch of property and out a bunch of slander up online. All this guy does is repeat shit that people in tech communities have already discovered.

That said TB3 is OK. It'll probably be around for a bit now that it is no longer a closed licensed technology..

Logan pls, nobody cares about you and your transweenie scammer-in-arms.
Go back to losing your hair and aging prematurely.

How is that a mistake? Adoption isn't their goal, money is. And their entire business model is based on isolation, they lock users in their proprietary ecosystem and make it as inconvenient to switch as possible. Be it ports, hotkeys, UI, incompatible formats, software, anything.

>le apple le isolacionist maymay
For every isolationist move they make they also make one that isnt.
They hope that thundrrbolt 3 and usbc become more widespread.

This fat fuck passive-aggresive AMD peddler pisses me off

>Teksyn was better

Logan pls

Or so you think

>or so you think
Its not like Thunderbolt 3 and usb c are closed standards.

Compatibility with USB-C is convenient for apple. Peripheral becomes compatible with macs. But they don't give a shit about thunderbolt devices being compatible with other machines. It's the opposite actually.