SQT

Stupid Questions Thread

Is there a music player that does 3 things: Able to upload to my shitty old ipod touch, upload to Jewgle Play, and supports folders as playlists type thing? In Itunes, the "songs" section is crowded as fuck and I hate the look of playlists.

Attached: Di3g2QvU4AAymc0.jpg (353x334, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LXOaCkbt4lI
a.co/aDem7Pw
ghostbin.com/paste/c4khu
duxcw.com/digest/Howto/software/windows/upgrade/fdisk.htm
rmprepusb.com/tutorials/erase-your-hard-disk#TOC-NUKE-YOUR-HARD-DISK-no-USB-drive-required-
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gonna have to drag and drop shit into (((google play))) but iTunes does everything else just fine

What does em0 stand for?

Vocal mics for recording for $40-$50? I don’t care as long as it sounds clear

What is it about "so᠌yboy: that allows me bypass the onions filter? When I stick it in ascii converter I get
>115 111 63 121 98 111 121

The 63 is the anomaly. What is that?

What fucking sorcery do I have to get into to get a fucking boot flag enabled flashdrive to show up on this piece of shit MBP '15 13"? Booted into refind via a second flash drive, and it didn't pick up the second flash drive on that. If i leave it alone, it starts an internet restoration, which I had no idea was volatile (if you exist the recovery mode, it deletes the image you just downloaded apparently).

Just an alternate namespace for your ethernet interface.

Samson GoMic.

So I have this cheap-ass usb drive that got fucked recently. I knew it was probably a chinese piece of shit, yet I stored important data on it. It's from those fidget spinner-like drives and the spinny thing was in my way so I accidentally fucked it up. Now lsblk or fdisk -l do not recognize it as a volume at all, but lsusb recognizes it. I also took it out of its case and googled stuff written on the pcb to see if I can recover something myself. what I found is pic related, looks kinda similar to my drive, except that my drive has chips like this on both sides.

My questions are:
1. why the fuck doesn't it get recognized as a storage volume
2. how can I remove that shit from the pcb and recover my precious data from it

Attached: AU698X-SD-U3_AU6989NHL_1p1.jpg (776x469, 81K)

test again
so?yboy
so᠌yboy
so?yboy

struct doubleLink
{
struct doubleLink *previous;
int value;
struct doubleLink *next;
};

void insertDoubleLink (struct doubleLink *newDoubleLink, struct doubleLink *doubleLinkBefore)
{
newDoubleLink->next = doubleLinkBefore->next;
newDoubleLink->previous = doubleLinkBefore;
doubleLinkBefore->next = newDoubleLink;
}

insertDoubleLink(&np, &n3);

printf("Values of the list after insertion:\n");
while (listPointer != (struct doubleLink *) 0)
{
printf("%i ", listPointer->value);
listPointer = listPointer->next;
}
printf("\n");

so, sqt, why does this create an infinite loop? what pointers am i assigning wrong?

Update: I decided to check dmesg and the following shit shows up:
[651744.103094] usb 1-7: USB disconnect, device number 115
[651744.421423] usb 1-7: new high-speed USB device number 116 using ehci-pci
[651745.181458] usb 1-7: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[651749.118524] usb 1-7: new high-speed USB device number 117 using ehci-pci
[651749.750393] ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.7: port 7 reset error -110

lololol

whats funny m8

I'm having some kind of interference on my power lines. Already tested the house's ground and verified all cables. The issue happens from 6:30 PM to 6:00 AM, and occassionally during the day.
It was worse before to the point where it fucked up my ISP's lines, but my ISP solved it by changing and moving the line completely. Meanwhile, the cunts from the electricity company refuse to do any kind of work and every time I give the fags a call they just tighten up the connections at the power pole and leave, writting up everything's fine on their report.
I've been thinking one of my neighbors steals electricity and that he's overloading the pole. My options right now are:
>shooting up the transformer on the pole so they change the whole thing after probably 3 days without power
>making a band-pass filter with my basic knowledge in electronics, plugging it in the outlet my PC's in while praying it does something and ignoring the rest of the house
>cutting the power thief's power line hoping he was actually fucking it up
It's unlikely he has some kind of illegal business since his doors and windows are too small, and the zone's too hot/humid for something like mining cryptos.
So lads, any of you has had a similar case?

Attached: 1471107501768.jpg (500x360, 19K)

so᠌yboy

how

softening sign in Cyrillic replacing the b most likely

there is an invisible character between the first o and y
if you copy paste this: "so᠌yboy" into an ascii to hex converter and then type the word yourself you can see the difference

what posted has a question mark in the ascii code, but it is not displayed
when I do so?yboy it does not work
so how the fuck

but the invisible character is just a fucking question mark
wth

your browser must render it differently, nothing shows up there for me

my browser renders it without a question mark, but according to the character (ascii code 63) is a question mark

then its that user's browser that isnt doing it properly i guess. that character shouldnt convert to 63 in hex.

so I copied this shit and it seems that the character is unicode, 6156 to be specific

test:so᠌yboy

holy fuckerino i did it m8

wait where it basedboy filtered from?

aw shit goddamnit i played myself

i've only seen it on Jow Forums so far

hold alt and press num1 two times to generate an ASCII character not recognized by yotsuba. It should be the mars (male) symbol, but other alt codes work too.

Here's a test
Basedboy

Attached: FuckYourFilterGookMoot.png (356x256, 8K)

what is deduplicated size? what i saved or what is actually in use?

context?

what if you encrypt encrypted file again?

It might become less secure
Or about the same secure

It might become less secure
Or about the same secure

testing

how do peoples manage to get web-rip from Netflix in 2018 ? Even moving my netflix window from another screen produce me blackscreen because of the DRM signal.

Attached: netflix-logo.jpg (700x394, 11K)

Is it possible to make a multiple terminal (multi seat) PC for your family at home? Say you built a rig with the upcoming thread ripper, could you make some sort of set up with a monitor, keyboard and mouse in different rooms, all running off the same rig?

#1 is this actually my cpu?
#2 is this too hot?
Fans are kinda loud but I don't have anything going on that I know of other than a what you see. Running debian.

Attached: 2018-07-30-012104_1920x1080_scrot.jpg (1920x1080, 954K)

>student in last year of master's degree
>tommorow have a call for an internship in a pretty well known business intelligence company
>I haven't touched C++ and JS in a full year since my last year was exclusively C# stuff
>really want the job but start feeling insecure about my history and ability to bullshit my way through the interview

I know if I got the job it'd take me a week or two at best to be completely functional in the technologies used but I dunno if that's something I can say during an interview, any advice ?

How can I learn to dream weeks/months in one night like in inception or w/e

Be honest and confident my guy, if you have abilities you have abilities. Looking from the outside you're probably more just stressing the interview. You'll be fine.

test
basedboy

test2
basedboy onions

What do you guys use to monitor network activity? I'm going to be forced into using a nazi internet provider and want to know what they can "see" (but I'm quite stupid)

test3
so᠌yboy so᠌y so᠌y

finally

So I ventured into tiling window mangers for laptop usage and I immediately fell in love with i3. I did some reading and over in wayland-land sway seems to have all of i3's features completed. Should I take the jump to wayland because wayland is the future?

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=LXOaCkbt4lI

I was curious, and am not a C guy, so I did this

#include

struct doubleLink
{
struct doubleLink *previous;
int value;
struct doubleLink *next;
};

typedef struct doubleLink doubleLink;

void insertDoubleLink (struct doubleLink *newDoubleLink, struct doubleLink *doubleLinkBefore)
{
newDoubleLink->next = doubleLinkBefore->next;
newDoubleLink->previous = doubleLinkBefore;
doubleLinkBefore->next = newDoubleLink;
}

int main()
{
doubleLink head = { NULL, 0, NULL };
doubleLink link1 = { NULL, 1, NULL };
doubleLink link2 = { NULL, 2, NULL };
doubleLink link3 = { NULL, 3, NULL };
doubleLink newPointer = { NULL, 9001, NULL };

head.next = &link1;
link1.previous = &head;
link1.next = &link2;
link2.previous = &link1;
link2.next = &link3;
link3.previous = &link2;

doubleLink *listPointer;
doubleLink *np;
doubleLink *n3;

np = &newPointer;
n3 = &link2;

listPointer = &head;

insertDoubleLink(np, n3);

printf("Values of the list after insertion:\n");
while (listPointer != (struct doubleLink *) 0)
{
printf("%i ", listPointer->value);
listPointer = listPointer->next;
}

printf("\n");
}

and it seems to work perfectly fine.

I don't know what the rest of your code looks like, but this part seems functional.

I also don't understand the point of casting the '0' literal to a doubleLink pointer.

Solved it was ranger

I saw this pic spammed on twitter then anime song in the background? what was the song?

deduplicated backups?
was looking at borgbackup.org

Also forgot to mention that insertDoubleLink should probably be responsible for reassigning doubleLinkBefore->next->previous (conditionally on doubleLinkBefore->next existence of course)

What I meant to say is that this does not cause an infinite loop for me.

Can mpv output a sample image of the loaded file like mpc? Those images that are a grid with snapshots taken every so often to get a general idea of the video to be more specific.

How did you do it?

search "onision shrek fedora" on YouTube, your welcome.

Is it possible to get back a file deleted from the recycle bin

I have a GTX 1080 card and i7 8700k. I bought a 4k monitor from my friend but it does not have Freesync.

If my processor is as fast as it is, is it simply advantageous to activate v-sync?

Attached: 1532515411741.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

What happened? Couldn't post for like 5 hours. I felt so lost and alone.

Woops meant to say does not have G sync

What just happened?

I have a 8GB hard drive with Windows 2000 installed on it. I want to erase it so that I can install Windows 98 onto it.

How do I do this within Windows 2000?

Attached: 1532510486222-b~01.png (625x463, 325K)

you don't

So I got a new computer and it has bluetooth functionality. What is a good bluetooth gaming headset with a good microphone? It needs to have a good microphone so I can voice chat too.

post the real image, faggot

Attached: 1477223872588.png (625x1378, 1.15M)

Well how is it done then? Do I need a second computer to do it?

You are the second user in the last week to chastise me for cropping it.

Attached: IMG_20180730_034732.jpg (1280x640, 165K)

Other boards were affected too. Did you go outside and kick a ball around?

>Well how is it done then? Do I need a second computer to do it?
you format the disk by picking the "start computer with cd-rom support" option, then using fdisk/format from the DOS prompt, then run "setup"
>You are the second user in the last week to chastise me for cropping it.
take a hint

and you should feel bad for it. Save my image and delete your old one.

I got on the train and got to work.

lol u mad

Attached: 2018-07-30 17_52_19.jpg (614x132, 9K)

I'm using the audio from my monitor coming from the displayport on the back of my gpu (gtx 1080). The audio seems to randomly shit the bed and become very low quality without me doing anything. It's every noticeable with "s" and "ch" sounds when someone is talking. I've tried the other port on the gpu, another displayport cable and a bunch of other shit but nothing is fixing the problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

>Have an Asrock Z97 Extreme6 with a 4770k cooled by a NH-D15.
Currently only using 1 fan in the D15 due to the 2nd fan blocking the 1st pcie lane. With this motherboard can I slot my gpu into the 2nd slot to allow the attachment of the 2nd fan? Will it be the same speed as the 1st lane?

I built my uncle a PC around 6-7 years ago
>I7-3770k (unlocked chip was cheaper than the locked chip at the time)
>Biostar H77 board (cheapest board at the time, no USB boot support and no UEFI. Motherboard is old school BIOS)
>Crucial ballistix 4x8GB ddr3-1600MHz modules
>Originally a GT640 but now has a 3GB gtx 1060 for his 4x 1080p monitors
>Corsair CX500M power supply
>Samsung 850 Evo for boot drive, couple mech drives

His PC has been giving BSOD after a cold boot. I.e. he turns off his PC for the night. When turning it in some 10 hours later, it freezes, gives a crash error. It takes him 5-6 boots to get it stay on. I tested CPU and RAM stability (memtest and Prime95 for 30+ minutes. Complete pass with no errors and temps within spec). Uninstalled and reinstalled gpu drivers. We eventually reinstalled windows 10 because it was a fucked install anyway. The problem still persists. And it only happens when coming from a cold boot. When he left his PC on for 3 weeks, not a single crash or error.

Any anons with ideas of what might be going on? Since the problems only happen from a cold boot, I'm thinking a failing power supply. The supply struggles to give solid delivery from a cold boot but after 5 or 6 tries, the unit is warmed up and does it's job. It's the only thing I could think of other than motherboard slots intermittently dying. Or maybe the CMOS battery is dying? How long are CMOS batteries usually good for? But if it were memory or could related, the PC would have failed the tests. As it is, he's been reading about ryzen and wants a new build anyway since his is 6+ years old. But I'd still like to see what the problem(s) are. Closure reasons and it'd suck to throw away good components like that.

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6" Full HD
8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U
GeForce MX150
8GB RAM Memory
256GB SSD
>$600

Is this worth it or can I do better for $600 (max budged is $650)? I don't need a desktop because I'll be moving around. Just need something for light gaming + programming.
Link: a.co/aDem7Pw

How is your cooler oriented that the fan is blocking the first pcie slot?

I messed it up, I should take some picture brb.

What is the best way to verify that an array of numbers always increase by 1? Example: {1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,1,2,3,5,6,1,2,3}

I want to detect the missing "4" in 1,2,3,5,6 but not the rest.

like this
this is not me

Attached: fan.jpg (3328x2496, 897K)

Well there's your problem. Turn that cooler 90 degrees. Like pic related. Intel uses an X shaped bolt pattern for mounting coolers. You shouldn't have a problem just turning the cooler.

Attached: NewGuts.jpg (3405x2912, 1.68M)

was Jow Forums down or something?

There was a thread about a CV that got 200 replies from good companies.

Anyone has it?

Yeah for about 5 hours. Probably a 3 letter agency combing through /b/, Jow Forums, or Jow Forums again for some faggot threatening to do shit

the last time it was down people said that too
is this true or just rumors? I mean if site owner would have to shut down during investigation every social media site would be constantly down

Might clash with the height of my ram. Will try it out though, if I lift the fan off the cpu to turn it, will I need to reapply thermal paste?

Save my cow

Attached: Screenshot_20180730-172814__01.jpg (518x119, 12K)

Nah not really. Jow Forums is unique in the way that there is no log in required to post. So they have to match the post to the individual based on IP logs. Where as GB, Twitter, etc All have usernames, emails attached for the account creation, and even so much as a geotag of where the person made the post from.
Then just lift the fan a little bit higher so it's sitting slightly above the RAM. Temp difference will be tiny.
>Reapply thermal paste
Nah you shouldn't have to. You're just lifting the cooler up, turning it, and putting it back down.

I had the impression that thermal paste had to make a seal between the cpu/cooler. Should be an easy switch then thanks user

not him, you should replace thermal paste when removing a heatsink, because
- if it's dry, it won't sit right when you place the cooler back down
- if it's wet, you'll trap air bubbles (which hurt it's effectiveness)

ghostbin.com/paste/c4khu
with a tampermonkey script

why tf did she black out the whole thing

Less people than you think operate the site. It's more likely someone misconfigured something and didn't check it again until waking up

?

Attached: IMG_20180730_180217.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

I guess you mean that if it increases it should be by one, and that you want just verify that, not find where the issue is
a = [1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,1,2,3,5,6,1,2,3]
print(bool(sum([v-1==a[i-1] or v

now i understand why windows 98 came with a thicc paper manual

Any advice for a salesforce developer that has literally just been hired out of university?

I've got no idea what i'm in for, but they're gonna train me. Any advice anons?

duxcw.com/digest/Howto/software/windows/upgrade/fdisk.htm
(remember to remove existing partitions while in fdisk, this tutorial assumed there aren't any on the disk)

anyone knows any free domain service? i'm broke so i can't buy shit

What if I connect all of the video ports on a Raspberry Pi to different monitors at the same time?
>HDMI
>DSI
>3.5mm RCA

Will they clone, extend, or just not come on? Assuming Rasbian with xorg.

I use this to erase a drive (I choose the HDDErase option, DBAN also works for older drives), it doesn't need a CD/DVD:
rmprepusb.com/tutorials/erase-your-hard-disk#TOC-NUKE-YOUR-HARD-DISK-no-USB-drive-required-