Tfw linux have better driver support than windows and better support for legacy windows apps than windows himself

>tfw linux have better driver support than windows and better support for legacy windows apps than windows himself

Attached: R14kkDj.png (657x527, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/07/19/ditching-windows-2-weeks-with-ubuntu-linux-on-the-dell-xps-13/#12f344021836
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/896458/64-bit-versions-of-windows-do-not-support-16-bit-components-16-bit-pro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/07/19/ditching-windows-2-weeks-with-ubuntu-linux-on-the-dell-xps-13/#12f344021836

why does apu make me so happy

anybody who posts apu is good people

Chill out with that redditspacing

>better support for legacy windows apps than windows
What do you linuxguys mean by this?

95-98-2k-XP games

>himself
you mean herself

Attached: 1528176156142.jpg (700x394, 60K)

Go back to

Attached: image.jpg (250x250, 42K)

I'd just like to interject for a...oh wait, linux actually does provide drivers.

Except if you have an AMD card
AMD just gives linux the finger

>be Microsoft
>drop support for 16 bit for literally no reason
I still have no idea what they meant by this

Except neither of these are true.

t. too young to remember everything no longer working on Windows 7 that used to on XP
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/896458/64-bit-versions-of-windows-do-not-support-16-bit-components-16-bit-pro

eh, i tried windows 10 on my thinkpad 13 and my audio wouldn't work if the system went to sleep. also the touchpad was less responsive, literally the only improvement windows gave me was an hour more of battery life (8)

> amd no drivers meme
> 2.018 e+3

Attached: 1443038852715.jpg (500x375, 20K)

That is a massive fucking improvement

But XP x64 also didnt have 16 bit programs

even windows 10 x32 supports 16-bit executables

its not "for literally no reason", when the cpu is in native x64 mode (long mode) it cant go into 16-bit mode, it would have to be emulated (windows still does this for some specific processes)

not enough to balance out the constant background shit and inefficient resource use

>apps

have you ever used compatibility mode? yeah no one has

even before you're still wrong as the ATi proprietary driver issue stemmed from not keeping up with xorg updates, that's it

I'm trying to get a Ryzen 2500U mobile processor and Vega 8 graphics working in Debian. Fuck you OP.

>nvidia can't into wayland api
c'mon, even fuckin broadcom is better than nvidia at this point

Don't you just need the amdgpu and mesa packages?

I dunno about 2500U, but for 2400G newest kernel (4.17) really helped. You should install gentoo.

Good poat.

Oh shit, i meant post. Guess im a brainlet now.

>better driver support
this is greatly dependent on the manufacturer. do your research for scanners and printers before you buy. same with weird gaming accessories like those 50 button mice and razer orbweaver type things.
> better support for legacy windows apps
community effort. consider donating to wine, playonlinux, etc to keep these niceties going

>extra hour of battery life
>inefficient background processes

Pick one

Surely you can't be serious

Try not using a distro with an ancient kernel if you want support for the latest gear

>Hour of battery life
>Audio not fucking up and worse track pad
I bet he didn't even use TLP. It should be close to windows battery life

WINE is usually great for old software. Also Linux is great for old hardware also. Good luck getting drivers made for an old version of Windows to work windows 10. Newest hardware can be iffy but the latest kernel usually solves any issues.

Now try old linux software :^)
>ups, can't use the privided package, because it's linked against old incompatible library version that you can't get/install
>ups, you can't compile it, because ut uses functions that were deprecated and removed
It's a funny world we live in.

Attached: 106cdc0ce88a73e7c7d9178fba2e9ea7fb5f68c51ba0bade42f81b60ec5a6048.gif (493x423, 999K)

Good thing containers, snaps, or flatpacks exist.

good looking out on the TLP suggestion, jesus what have i been doing?

>Linux
>driver support
>ever running legacy shit

Attached: 1522022501554.jpg (223x226, 8K)

It works if you install that extension I forgot the name or use a x86 version, dumbass.

You have no clue about what you are taking about, do you?

>linux
>have
>'linux have'
Post hidden for poor English (but yes, Linux does have better driver support than Windows, nice observation).