Linux has no ga-

>Linux has no ga-

Attached: LinuxSteamGames.png (1003x1760, 237K)

mes as good as the ones you can play using proprietary software

>Using Linux for games

looks like linux has come a long way since the days of tux racer

But what about the games I want to play

>Steam
What's the point of even using Linux if you're just inviting the Jews in anyways? All I want is free as in take my money and then fuck off games.

Attached: 1417105264121.jpg (488x750, 264K)

>whining about proprietary programs
>perfectly fine with steam and other closed-source games

This, I don't have a single one of those listed nor do I want any.

Sure. Also, tux racer is fun, but this here has a much better claim for being the pinnacle of open sauce gaming.

Something was holding it back from going into Steam on Linux IIRC, but you can probably get it from your package manager.

Attached: zero-k-04.jpg (1920x1080, 547K)

TF2 is good.

>However, if you're going to use these games, you're better off using them on GNU/Linux rather than on Microsoft Windows. At least you avoid the harm to your freedom that Windows would do.

No gaems

A system is compromised or it isn't. You can't just say it's half compromised.

>compile dxvk for wine
>play any game you want

Attached: 2018-07-31-000717_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 60K)

Nice double standard, disingenuous shill.

all those games are too old and only like 3 are worth playing

I run steam in docker, dunno if it helps with anything else but it keeps my filesystem clean.

Jow Forums is not a monolith

what are some free linux games I can install?

Yes we are. People who relinquish their rights for muh gaymes are /v/, not Jow Forums.

>99% shitty indie games you'll play for 15 minutes before completely disregarding

Linux on gaming will continue to be a joke until AAA titles normies play gets support and the two graphics giants get their shit together on the driver side.

Running proprietary software on top of a free base OS is much better than running a fully proprietary system.

The 3000+ title Steam catalog is impressive considering what we had 5 years ago but you still need to run Windows VM + passthrough if you want all the good stuff. Especially VR titles.

this. giving away your freedom for games is pathetic.

Games and the tech it is running on is Jow Forums regardless, you spacker.

I mean, it's better than consoles. Have to give it that.

have you seen esync yet?
It's supposed to help with the CPU issues that wineserver has in CPU heavy games.
this year truly is the best year for wine
>DX11 titles running better than DX9 titles already
>Vulkan to replace OpenGL
>Being able to play Skyrim with Sex Mods or HoneySelect/Koikatu on your freedom machine

Attached: 8Rt6f83.jpg (2400x3600, 451K)

I mean, honestly, when you factor in how fucking tiny of a marketshare Linux has, and then you factor in the amount of native games it has (especially given that there's really only been a big push for it for just a few years now), it's honestly pretty fucking impressive as a gaming platform. Of course it's no Windows, but that's a pretty unrealistic expectation from an OS with a single-digit marketshare percentage.

But, even more impressive is the range of options you have for playing stuff that isn't available natively, such as Wine+DXVK or GPU passthrough. I mean, again, I think all of this shit is pretty fucking impressive when you compare it to the other non-Windows alternatives, and you consider Linux's place on the market.

>and the two graphics giants get their shit together on the driver side.
AMD is doing phenomenal in this respect nowadays. Nvidia is not quite as slick, but they still provide a functioning, performant driver.

>mes

Attached: 11snapshot_21.31.png (1920x1080, 3.07M)

>Steam
I'd rather buy a console than use their disservice.

See . Also recommending OpenTTD.