Mattresses are technology

how the fuck do i find a good (value) mattress? it seems like one of the worst snr categories on the internet, with almost no useful information. (either propaganda by chinese foam marketers vs traditional salesmen, or TLDR info overload sites.) this is far more important to my productivity than the number of cores in my laptop, yet there is no info on it. what does Jow Forums do?

Attached: dondra-bed.jpg (1008x567, 65K)

anything over $300 is a waste of money.

I know this from experience; I buy new and my new mattresses that I've bought have lasted me years. Don't listen to the idiot who is going to post here that is "you get what you paid for". Some one is bound to post some bullshit "you spend 50% of your life sleeping so buy the most expensive mattress hur hur"

Google "sleep like the dead". It's a data based mattress review site that really helped me decide what mattress to buy. I went with a king sized spring mattress with a 3" gel and charcoal top layer. Shit's like sleeping on a cloud.

And yes, you do get what you pay for. Anything under $300 comes with bed bugs and good luck getting laid when you bring Stacy back to a twin-size vomit stain on the floor

>Google "sleep like the dead". It's a nearly useless info overload site

i'm looking for useful actionable info

what part of "brand new" did you not understand? I also buy full/queen.

So, again anything over $300 is stupid bullshit marketing. Most those mattresses can't even be flipped which cuts their life in half; even though the sales cuck loves to tell you it has the same shelf life as a flippable mattress.

I'm this asshole.

Here is what I do. If you live in non-bumfuck no where (ie an area where you actually have stores). You probably have mom-pop shops that sell mattresses? Go to those, they almost always have sales to get people in to look. You can get $1000 mattress for under $300 (I've done 2-3x now).

If you are too lazy and dont want to do this I've heard zinus are good.

Just sleep on the floor with a blanket covering. It's better for your back and you awake much easier.

I was looking for those traditional japanese mats (I forget what they are called). But, couldnt find a reputable reseller and some were more expensive than a fucking mattress.

maybe if you are the size of a japanese person, aka a short twink faggot

(actually japanese futons are pretty comfy, but my apartment does not have a fucking tatami floor to make it work.)

Just buy whatever from the cucks at Ikea and be done with it

it's a futon but you can just use a duvet instead. just find one that is not so soft and luxurious. then use a fleece or wool blanket on top.

saves space too.

Memory foam mattress off Amazon. I bought a 6 inch and leave it on the floor. Nice and firm and the top gel foam layer is soft for comfort without being too mushy. Thicker mattresses have more fuwa fuwa if that's more your thing.

?Thicker mattresses have more fuwa fuwa

Did you just have a stroke?

>this is far more important to my productivity than the number of cores in my laptop
It really isn't. Unless you're an insomniac as a result of your existing mattress being physically painful to sleep on, you're only going to see a difference in firmness and cleanliness with a new mattress.

They are literally soft rectangular slabs of foam or padded springs. We had them solved decades ago, but marketing departments don't want you to think that.

It means fluffy, senpai.

lucky you, no sleep problems i guess

I read here before that you can custom order a specific size from most manufacturers of memery foam mattresses and it saves you some cash cause they won't have to pay the Amazon tax. Didn't work for me though since they wouldn't ship to Hawaii, but Amazon didn't mind of course.

two words.

B
W A T E R
D

why?

Good luck getting laid

Aren't Casper mattrasses supposed to be super good? Any experience with them?

Then say fluffy.