What are some useful lesser known tech tips?

What are some useful lesser known tech tips?

Attached: l.png (814x457, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/DuPont-Non-Stick-Dry-Film-Lubricant-Squeeze/dp/B00BCVXUR6/ref=sr_1_5/140-2739301-5604832?ie=UTF8&qid=1533048598&sr=8-5&keywords=teflon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

always touch the room radiator first before touching any components to avoid electrostatic shocks and damaging the internals

>room radiator
europoor detected

atleast i have the option to do this, while you go buy your gay anti shock wrist straps

wrist straps are /fa/ though

how about contributing some usefull experience to this thread

What do people outside of Europe use to heat up their rooms or houses?

nice toasty hot burgers

they dont have to as they live in a third world desert

Radiators are comfy as fuck tho.

>best trackball lubricant
the absolute best

Attached: index.jpg (158x319, 4K)

central heating and air

Is that a better way in your opinion and can you control it (per room preferably) as you can radiators? Also does it spread smell or something? I've never lived in a place with central heating and air so I don't really know much about it

older houses, or when using "emergency" mode, can have that warm air smell, but generally it keeps the whole house the same temperature

How do you have central heating without radiators? Don't you have a radiator below every window to prevent cold drafts?

windows are double pane and insulated
the house has an air intake inside the house, the air is filtered, warmed or cooled, and then pushed back into the house via vents in every room
older houses have them in the floor while newer ones in the ceiling

>windows are double pane and insulated
Ah right, you don't have winters cold enough to warrant argon & triple panelling.

coldest it gets where I live is -18 to -20C, how north do you live?

>the house has an air intake inside the house, the air is filtered, warmed or cooled, and then pushed back into the house via vents in every room

I assume this is partly because you also need AC in the summers and it does that as well?

correct, there's usually a heat pump outside that manages the cooling during the hot months

>ITT: Heating technology

That's roughly how cold it gets over here in Sweden as well, but the building codes tend to just flat out require triple pane windows.

Yah... Now where do I rub it to make it spin less...

Or the power outlet grounding contacts.

Just touch the PSU casing when it's plugged in.

Attached: otomeshit 4.jpg (848x3840, 460K)

ctrl + shift + windows key + B resets video drivers

Vega 64

Touching the walls is enough to get rid of static electricity. I mean unless you are in a wooden house.

That's so that immigrants have a harder time breaking them.

1) Immigrants only really break the windows of other immigrants, in immigrant ghettos.
2) The windows are still rarely broken even there, and they don't stay broken for more than a few hours. The police here worships the broken window theory.

>europoor detected
mutt detected

Attached: 1528578320153.jpg (900x676, 49K)

It is the best lubricant out there.
I'm going to order a box next time.

Central heating uses radiators you tard
Unless you're a poorfag in a house with two rooms

On one hand I want it lubricated, but on the other, I hate sweat and actually wash it with soap regularly.

Can't I just lubricate the small ball bearings inside?

Attached: IMG_20180731_161611.jpg (2400x3200, 1.39M)

Yes. with teflon

As long as the computer is plugged into the wall, the moment you touch any metal on the case you ground yourself.

1. Flip power isolation switch to psu.
2. Cycle power to drain caps
3. Open case and do your business.

For new systems you could just install the psu and plug it into the wall before touching any other components if you're concerned about static damage. But this isn't even an issue with modern hardware anyways. But you could discharge onto literally any metal object that's grounded nearby. Years ago as a wee lad on old Mac computers I was taught to touch the back of the computer chairs before turning on the computer because they were metal.

Thanks!

>not touching the ground pin in the electrical socket

actualy more specifically it's something like this you want and I'd use a q tip to apply it.
amazon.com/DuPont-Non-Stick-Dry-Film-Lubricant-Squeeze/dp/B00BCVXUR6/ref=sr_1_5/140-2739301-5604832?ie=UTF8&qid=1533048598&sr=8-5&keywords=teflon

yuo kan cook egg on gtx 480

Use toilet paper to wipe your sweaty ass daily, this reduces skidmarks and keep you fresh.

Wash your penis/balls after each time you pee to remove the smell/sweat.

That sucks, I really like my living room warm and my bedroom fairly chilly.

In Finland windows have two or three layers and houses in general are very well insulated, but we still have radiators. It's a great way to keep the house warm but allow for the tenants to choose what temperature they'd like

lmao no
lmao

Forced air central heating, instead of radiators you have air vents. Uses the same vents as the cooling.

You can close the vent that sends heat/air into the room, there are more sophisticated measures of control, but you don't see them in the typical household.

Niggah you aint living North enough. I live in Kiruna.

I modified my microwave so that I can run it with the door open, then I put a small fan inside it.

Alright. Radiators are something that just werks for that, you can have one room hot as fuck while one isn't heated at all
Dear lord

10/10