Was this the peak of smartphone craftsmanship?

was this the peak of smartphone craftsmanship?

>great build quality
>great DAC
>great design (though that's subjective)
>SD card support
>removable battery
>great main camera
>great wide camera
>good front camera
>good screen
>secondary display

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2400x1350, 949K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uL99tRQR9W0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>LG bootloop issues
no

*bootloops in you're pocket*

Heh... Nothing personnel kid

>LG

i had it for 1.5 years and it hasn't bootlooped once, unlike icrap starting to crash after 2 years.

My G4 got fried after two years. It was a great piece, but its design flaw caught up.

>screen retention like mad
>second screen is a useless gimmick instead of an actual status bar replacement proto-notch
>dac is actually garbage and pleases only tasteless mongoloids
other than that it's ok.

I know I'll get crucified for saying this but if the note 8 sold for half of msrp it's arguably the peak of smartphone craftsmanship. Software sucks but can be tweaked (ie nova, disabling animations).

Must be bait to say something this retarded

>*bootloops in you're pocket*
>YOU'RE
>YOU ARE

ONE JOB YOU PIECE OF SHIT, YOU HAD ONE JOB

>LG
>peak of anything when Samsung exists
Samsung shit is expensive, and not "worth it" to the average Jow Forums user that buys Xiaomi phones, but they're arguably the peak of smartphone design in the year they're released

Not always but nobody's perfect and at least samshit is willing to own up to their mistakes. Oneplus could be killing it if they would just add a micro sd slot and water/dust-proofing to their phones. Those 2 things always drive me away from them.

literally how new

Attached: staymad.jpg (1279x727, 181K)

You mean the Note7, with a slightly smaller battery that doesn't get crushed inside the casing and cause the battery to burn itself up.

The Note7 FE is effectively perfect, too bad they didn't put enough of them to market for a decent price.

I'd still love to have one, actually, but my fave smartphone of all time is the LG G4 regardless of the bootloop issue.

I should buy a bunch of G4's now that they're cheap as fuck - about $50 most of the time on eBay - and if one dies, fuck it, I have another.

Still the best camera assembly ever put into a smartphone to this day, with higher quality raw images than anything else.

The G4 was the epitome of smartphone design - fuck side mounted buttons, seriously.

Attached: LG_G4.jpg (1600x1200, 443K)

>Hasnt happened to me
>Iphone joke on how i dislike them for the problems I've had
>Apparently bait

Boy oh boy i wish you had something better instead of 'no u'

I actually love the second screen, only for a quick flashlight but it's pretty useful when you have another app that can utilize it, dac is pretty nice too but screen retention is a major bitch yeah, i try to use Sfilter to help that though, still ass

>great build quality
Nope
>great DAC
Nope
>great design (though that's subjective)
Nope
>SD card support
Yep
>removable battery
Yep
>great main camera
Nope
>great wide camera
Nope
>good front camera
Nope
>good screen
Nope
>secondary display
Yep

Why replying to dumb tripfag? Wasting your time

Nah 3/4GB of RAM just doesn't cut it anymore. Maybe for mid-rangers but if you're going balls out then 6GB has to be the minimum for long term ownership.

You can have your opinions on everything but the build quality, i have a friend who threw the V20 onto concrete, stomped on it and threw it against the wall as made it STICK into the drywall, not a scratch, i wish i was joking but this thing is pretty fucking durable, when he got a new phone he gave me said phone and its managed to not give me any problems besides screen retention

What does this have to do with the thread?

>"wah twip fwaggot hut mah feelies"
we don't care, just filter him and stfu

4Gb is fine

For you. 6GB of RAM is the perfect balance for multi-tasking and gives enough overhead to prevent android from killing apps so much despite the cache they generate. This all leads to longer battery life, better performance, and generally longer device life as less swap (aka virtual ram) has to be used and battery drain/charge cycles are used up more slowly.

>Got memed into getting a V20
I love it.

Attached: 1513686087636.png (570x558, 117K)

>werks on my machine hurr durr

Source? What are you even doing on your device that would require even 4 GB of RAM, forget more? Running VMs? Video editing?
You will not love it so much when it inevitably bootloops.

Also, is the plastic on the V20 supposed to peel off? Because mine did.

Nexus 5

youtu.be/uL99tRQR9W0

Pay attention to the speedtest on the 2nd run. You'll notice the 3GB RAM iPhone failed to keep apps in memory and had to relaunch them wasting nand and cpu resources to load it back into ram it was running out of.

Basically in real world usage more ram is better because reloading things is the main source of battery drain. Even with 4GB of RAM you'll eventually run out and android will have to kill apps to make room for the ones you want loaded which leads to lag, bad performance, shitty battery life, and so on and so on.

The note 7 really showed how bad this can get despite having 4GB of RAM with additional bloat from touchjizz and sexyno's attempt to maintain better better battery life.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-31-14-37-23.png (1280x720, 488K)

That's not a Sony Z5C

HTC M7

The screen is not good.shit has retention issues. Would be much better amoled screen.

>he bought the amoled meme

It's either that or not being able to render the actual color black.

if crapoled is so much better why is no laptop using it? LED with a 100% sRGB is much better.

I actually like it on my galaxy note 3.