Word Clock 'n Jitter Edition II

Okay, okay, I'm getting around to it.

Attached: nubert 34.png (700x502, 512K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=10880560&postcount=48
manualslib.com/manual/88933/Klipsch-Reference-Series-Rb-51.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

firsties

Attached: luv vinyle.jpg (937x599, 117K)

Day 27 waiting for my Harbeths. I want them now! Now!!

Attached: IMG_2034.png (482x436, 216K)

mm stick it in me

Attached: denon_avr5308ci_back.jpg (1023x520, 167K)

>all that absolutely useless composite and s-video

>not using it for SVHS and all those old game systems
too bad svideo never caught on

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1066, 101K)

anyone know how to fix those dented in caps without cutting off the cap and reattaching?

Attached: SDC10087.jpg (1944x2592, 2.29M)

Are ME Geithain entry level hi-fi models good enough compared to the similar priced speakers of other companies?

Running it at 20hz and turning the volume up until it pops back into shape.

nothing MEG is entry level, like many other pro audio manufacturers they just make different speakers for different purposes, listening distances, sizes, bass extension, and so on
but all of them are as good as they can be

sticky tape or vacuum

Attached: tumblr_neprquVlto1trf18po1_500.gif (500x213, 1.75M)

>tfw HDMI 2.1 will finally make AV receivers usable in pc gaming setups

Feels pretty good.

Have you tried just sucking on it real hard?

I meant their Hi-Fi range like ME-25 or ME-100 speakers, not pro audio range. Or there really is not that much difference between that and their pro range?

ME-100 is a RL904 without the amps

should the woofers be end to end or the tweeters

Attached: IMGP6024.jpg (4288x2848, 574K)

tweeters should be right at or slightly above ear level and forming an equilateral triangle with your listening position

well yeah im asking if laying speakers side to side should the tweeter side be in the insideo or outside

Attached: system.jpg (2297x2448, 1.09M)

you don't want speakers laying side to side

Parents house / 10

ok thanks

:^)

Attached: IMG_3968.jpg (3264x2448, 2.8M)

Great, gonna try that or ME-25 then.

Recommend me a DAC thats good for my DT 1990 Pros, £200-300 limit.

convince me not to buy a pair of Klipsch R-15M's

they'll sure be great
a couple of years ago my colleagues and me did a shootout to find our new go-to portable speakers and the tonal matching of companies like MEG or Neumann is just ridiculous. even the smallest ones just sound absolutely comparable with just lacking 1-2 octaves of bass extension and some spl compared to the main monitors.
we went with the MO-2 back then

Attached: 402935.jpg (1037x582, 101K)

Are actives much better than passives? Or you didnt try them there? Just dont want to regret my decision not paying that extra $1k extra and not getting much better sound (comparing me25 and rl906). Just tempted to use amplifiers I have and save money (and be able to somewhat affect the sound as i can use tube for fun or something if i want).

oi faggots answer me you stupid niggers

Did you consider resale value when choosing a veneer?

Attached: re_DSCF2596.jpg (2144x1608, 1.79M)

pro audio = active
it's easier to design a good crossover with active components and also for a small speaker that's meant to be lugged around and set up on a daily basis just plugging power and xlr with no external amp needed is a great thing.

>gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=10880560&postcount=48
heres a good post by barefoot speakers breaking down some of that..

Sure thing, I understand all advantages (cheaper, easier to make, do not suffer from loud volumes playing(which i believe is necessary sometimes in pro audio), easier load on amps, all that stuff). But I am not a pro audio user and even for me there is a certain appeal in that approach to just take two XLRs from my DAC and my desk will be cleaner without an amp. But if I can get the same (almost) sonics using cheaper things then there is really hard choice.

It's more convenient and there are actual design benefits to it. I would always choose the active version.

SMSL SD-793II
Cambridge Audio DAC Magic/Plus

skippy

It also makes more sense if I will want to upgrade with a sub, because their sub should be tone matched with their actives (and not necessarily matched with my amp + speaker combo). Should really think about it.

Thanks user, the cambridge looks nice.

sometimes cheaper refurbished & guaranteed through CA's ebay portal

Wow you got some shit answers here cause full of snake oilers. You should have the tweeters on the outside so that they are as far from each other. This will give you the best stereo image due to how we perceive high frequencies

best answer thanks man

What kind of bluetooth speaker do y’all use?

Attached: 64C98020-A092-450C-B42B-7183D59AC463.png (375x500, 155K)

What do you guys think of the R1280T for just listening to MP3?

oontz angle 3
Audio quality is acceptable for the price, but the battery life and bass fill were the real reasons I picked it up when i did

Klipsch rb-51k on sale for 118 euro per pair.
Good entry to experience those horns?

I was on Audiogon looking at Harbeths and noticed a lot of the dealers list them on there new. I would think their distributor would slap their wrists for that. I looked at some P3-ESR and noted the price was like retail and then read on and saw it was for a new speaker.

Probably some room to negotiate there. I wonder what the distributor and dealer markup is.

some jlab one I think

Only one finish for the 30.2 40th anniversary, silver eucalyptus. im fairly certain that resale value will be high, given the relatively large following for harbeth, the typical used sold price for other speakers in their range, and the scarcity of it. the initial allotment for the whole country was 40 units. theres something funky going on with the dealers if you ask me.

yeah theres plenty room to negotiate for the regular models but there was no wiggle room for any of the special edition harbeths, i called every single dealer within a 250km radius, they all said that the 30.2 was special order only and required a full deposit before they'd order a pair from harbeth. i think they're made to order or something. because not a single dealer had them in stock.

Attached: 318harbeth.4.jpg (600x809, 82K)

What's the difference between the special edition and the regular?

special veneer, slightly higher quality binding posts, new tweeter grille, and a new crossover

I miss Svideo, it's shame that modern TVs don't have it for older video game consoles.

Do harbets have the beeb dip?

Nice

Anyone have any blu ray audio discs?

No. What's the point in buying a disc when you can get a digital download?

you pirate right?

Yes, but you can buy high res audio from legit sources (digital download shops) if you don't want to steal.

you pirate so you're alright, but digital shouldn't be paid for, if i'm expected to pay then I want something in return for my money

I guess. If I wasn't on all the cabal private trackers and actually bought media I'd probably remux them all anyways so I could use Plex or Roon, depending on the media, like I do now. I understand wanting to collect something like old vinyl records, but, some digital shit burned to a digital disc... meh. Just takes up storage and clutters from my perspective. I know a lot of people still really enjoy physical media, even the digital stuff, so not really against it - it just isn't my thing.

There's a pair of Klipsch x20i IEMs in my area for $250. Should I get them? Or is that way too high price/quality ratio for an IEM?

Attached: X20i-closeup-1125x1125.jpg (1125x1125, 83K)

As I said, there is no reason to pay for digital whether it be games, movies, music, shows, or books. If you care about physical and it has a proper physical release then buy it if you want, if it doesn't have a proper release or you don't care about physical then pirate.
Scum that pay for digital can die though

Pirates deserve to be hanged just like in the old days.

Recone kit for my JBL L100Ts came in. Now I'm afraid to do the job.

Attached: 1513409800404.png (283x375, 96K)

do it faggot

The upscaler is shit, so those extra A/V inputs are going to be very useless.

I'm not a pirate, how could I be when I've never been on a boat?
I do unauthorized copy and pasting

Attached: DSC00640.jpg (5184x3888, 935K)

Just got the a100 to replace my chink-fi class d amp

Attached: 20180731_160925.jpg (2560x1440, 1.09M)

Anyone with these?
I want some nice looking good sound quality speakers for my PC.
Can I do better for the price?

Attached: edifer 288.png (1009x227, 87K)

Take a look some emotivas speakers or elac

Y no Balanced tho?

Bose SoundLink mini

Too poor for balanced

Good luck. I've had terrible reliability problems with Emotiva products. Their service when things do go wrong, though, is very good. Amps I'd say you are okay with them (just expect it to break eventually), but for sure avoid anything like a pre-processor.

So far so good

Don't need balanced. I have balanced only active speakers and it's a pain to have to buy balanced gear for it, or you have to rig it with DI boxes and shit.

Just buy pro and "pro" gear? Its all balanced.

have another big butt

Attached: SA-6800X_back.jpg (1280x960, 189K)

Just ordered a pair of small Klipsch.
Surprised it's a real compression driver and not just a dome tweeter with a waveguide.

Attached: caixas-bookshelf-klipsch-rb-51-ii-na-caixa-completo-D_NQ_NP_877433-MLB26022028223_092017-F.jpg (800x1200, 205K)

If I wanted to use my vintage receiver to power my speakers with my AVR, would I just simply connect the pre-out on the AVR to the tape inputs on my vintage receiver?

That should work.

Attached: Wijk_aan_Zee,_PSP-congres_Andrée_van_Es_wordt_tot_lijsttrekker_gekozen,_Bestanddeelnr_933-5115.jpg (3649x2395, 1.87M)

Enjoy your treblecannons

Yes. I am a bit worried.
I never learned to love JBL's with titanium, let alon e this.

JBLs arent bad

Attached: 6817254552_b04dab6e80_b.jpg (753x530, 126K)

I sold my lx2001. Too zingy.
Beautiful pic though.

i have a pair of old Cerwin vegas from the late 70s, when i push them hard you can smell the dust shaking off the cones. is this bad for the speakers?

Attached: CerwinVega311p004-1.jpg (844x716, 94K)

The good stuff balanced often costs more.

I hope you bought one of the modern speakers with the round rubber wave-guide and not that shitty triaxial horn.

Is it?
Every pro-oriented amplifier, interface, etc is balanced. I dont think entry level pro costs more than hi-fi things, and really dont think that its worse sonically. You may not like the looks of that rack amplifier though, thats true.

The entry level stuff is cheap, but it is also shit. Mid-quality stuff is much easier to buy unbalanced.

try buying a modern pre-processor with balanced outputs, will cost way more than one with RCA outputs.

Klipsch claims 50 - 23000 Hz +-3dB

LOL

6dB is a lot
literally twice as loud

For small, budget consumer speakers it is a bold claim imho.

Why would you want horn loaded speakers? Are you in a really big room or something?

manualslib.com/manual/88933/Klipsch-Reference-Series-Rb-51.html

Klipsch says I want it because because higher efficiency means lower distortion.
I want it because I want to try home compression driver speakers for a low price.

Also, I get how they have that horn do 92dB efficiency. But that whimpy midbass driver?

Hi, /ag/!

What are your speaker picks (pair) in the following price ranges (USD):

>

Attached: 1523896189413.jpg (684x960, 484K)

This picture is very 90s looking for some reason.

There are a lot of compromises in a budget design like that, as you would expect. While that tweeter horn loaded is better off than without, if you compare it to other speakers you can probably find ones that just have a better tweeter to begin with. Klipsch for sure has a signature sound to it that tends to polarize people. It's always fun to try new stuff, and to your point, the entry level ones are very accessible.

Looks like they are just using a very low power handling tweeter and then using the horn to increase it's efficiency. To horn load that midbass driver would require a very large horn making it impractical for a bookshelf.