Best Linux distribution hands down

Best Linux distribution hands down
>fast and lightweight
>latest packages
>rolling release
>community packages in single place (AUR) with votes and comments
>easy to switch different versions of kernel
>simple to install, no meme installation process of entering obscure commands in terminal so you can look like hacker
>active community
>1st on Distrowatch

God I love being Manjaro user

Attached: Manjaro-logo.svg.png (200x240, 761)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/31yayt/manjaro_forgot_to_upgrade_their_ssl_certificate/
forum.manjaro.org/t/using-livecd-v17-0-1-as-grub-to-boot-os-with-broken-bootloader/24916
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

would never consider it because the forums don't load without javascript

Attached: 1416033601863.jpg (640x564, 80K)

Manjaro is real nice, it's only problems are its devs who ask people to turn their clocks back as a workaround to the certificate on their website running out.

Attached: 1493022792127.png (924x1400, 23K)

MANjaro

Attached: carlos.jpg (600x600, 34K)

I use Manjaro KDE (which I call ManDE), and it's great so far. Only problem is that most of the features that set it apart from it's parent distro arch have not reached full functionality yet.

>it's only problems are its devs who ask people to turn their clocks back as a workaround to the certificate on their website running out.
What is that about?

few years ago their website HTTPS certificate expired
99% users don't give a fuck except Manajro haters

They've changed the site afterwards.

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/31yayt/manjaro_forgot_to_upgrade_their_ssl_certificate/

Basically they asked people to turn their system clocks back because their certificate expired.

>fast and lightweight
I don't get this meme, literally all distros weigh the same what is the fucking difference if it's lightweight

>I use Manjaro KDE (which I call ManDE)
kek

Nuh uh

>devs who ask people to turn their clocks back as a workaround to the certificate on their website running out.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Attached: 1479525800335.png (326x326, 260K)

Yeah this is a really dumb meme. You can install ubuntu and pick "minimal" on the installer and have a light system too. Granted, Ubuntu's software center and utilities are a bit more bloaty than pamac but it's negligible.

t. Someone who uses both Manjaro and Ubuntu on the daily.

>a distro comes with a small shitty DE by default and I think it's amazing and lightweight because I can't install one myself

debian and anything based on it is absolute shit though, windows-tier buggyness, fuck that shit

Manjaro with Cinnamon works great for me. I loved this since I installed and has never broke on me.

it's buggy as fuck
i used it on two machines because g was shilling it and i am back to windows 10
keep your hobo os to yourself and enjoy not getting shit done for ever

Haha. What you on about bro? Manjaro works wonderfully for me.

werks on my Thinkpad

Garbage

Ubunto uploads anything you type in the search field to their servers.
This alone will make it slower.

>simple to install, no meme installation process of entering obscure commands in terminal so you can look like hacker
We get it dude, you wan't to be the cool guy in class that says "bu bu but I use linux" but you're to laze to learn how to use it.

So, it became copypasta now?

Whenever I installed it the packages were always broken beyond repair

too much bloat desu
and i kept on getting kernel panic a few hours into runtime

My laptop has been running Manjaro Xfce for a while now. I haven't even booted it into Windows since the install. Minor issues (namely, closing the lid has a chance to freeze and I have to reboot) but nice overall

Attached: 6.jpg (1000x800, 57K)

yeah, until you boot up your machine after three months and you have to shut down because your shift key is stuck in pycharm
or your mouse cursor stops working for no reason
or your icons start dying out of the blue

try to get the fucking android emulator working on android studio i dare you

try to install printer drivers without aur

on win10, i deleted candy crush already 40 times, but at least it is consistent and let me work on my shit
my fucking printer was installed and was ready to go immediately after the installation
and don't get me started on graphics drivers on that shit
linux is dead and it fucking deserves it

lmao what did you fucking do? I even got the android studio working with emulator no problem quickly enough. I've never encountered any of the random issues you mention and I've been using manjaro for about a year as my daily driver.

do you have a USB drive plugged in? because guess what, manjaro cant handle that. shut it without the usb drive and it should work
still, this is basic os shit and that hobo fuck of an os just can't do it

i did it absolutely according to official howtos for 3 days. it worked on Windows immediately
and you know what? it is not my fault.
maybe big tech is conspiring against oss but i have to get shit done, i can't spend my time on bullshit command line fucking like this

>install manjaro
>everything goes fine
>rice it up
>reboot system
>boot will skip directly to windows 10
>"wtf why"
>learn that you have to manually install grub

Attached: 1512448364667.png (568x548, 88K)

>try to install printer drivers without aur

Why?
Just use CUPS

It works immediately for me too, and for a lot of people I talk to both online an IRL who also use Manjaro, so I don't think it's alright to be all defensive going "it's not my fault".

i'm stuck between manjaro and antergos.
had lubuntu on my crapbook and it recently broke but i had manjaro on my latitude d610 because it only had 1gb ram. ran ultra fast.

>2018
>not using refind

Maybe it will be good once normies stop pushing shit to deb and start releasing software as appimages, snaps and flatpaks so that other distros become relevant to people who aren't hobbyists.

>you have to manually install grub
You're an idiot. You don't have to do this. UNetBootin automatically does this for you. You used meme software for live USBs.

maybe i need the scanner on that fucking machine too?
i have kids, a fucking full time job and shit to get on with, i am not going to try to install my scanner for 30 days
just use bullshit this and that, i know how to use google and tried every fucking thing
i am glad to be back on an os where i don't have to fear that there will be just no bootable os out of a sudden

Are you sure grub wasn't installed but on a different drive? Like if your Windows 10 is on one drive and Manjaro is on another drive, you installed grub on the second drive while your BIOS is set to boot from the first drive by default.

>systemd
>botnet kernel
Okay retard.

You either messed up something on install (probably meme USB creator like said) or Windows10 just happened to be doing that thing it does where it just decides to kill grub.

dude i really tried, i was fed up with win10, i hated everything about it
i even got my woman who is a tech hater to use Ubuntu
i just couldn't do it anymore, i am not going to do it again
how could you do back to manjaro, knowing that you could never install a gc driver, wether ati or nvidia, without breaking the whole fucking system?!
sure it's easy to preach here that it is so easy and everybody could do it but it is not

Perhaps some of your problems are related to your broken shift and period keys.

brainlet detected

>decides to kill grub
If w10 does this (which I doubt) then why the fuck would anyone dual boot with it?

Best just works linux desktop. True
Best Linux desktop for freetards. Very false.

Manjaro didint support my mediatek WiFi card out of the box so I spent the money I saved on an OS and bought a better intel wireless ac one. That was my only issue.

I installed Manjaro on a ThinkPad once and the volume buttons didn't even work and for some reason the BIOS alarm went off whenever I pressed the backspace key in an empty text box or terminal or clicked on the shutdown icon. The only way I could find to adjust the volume was through pavucontrol GUI. I gave up and just installed Ubuntu MATE instead and everything just werked on first boot like it should.
Sure, the packages aren't brand new, but at least I don't have to download gigabytes of updates every week with my shitty Internet speed and worry myself to death over broken dependencies.

Jow Forums is elitist, don't listen to the haters. If it ain't broke don't fix it; if it works for you stay with it. There is nothing wrong with "bloated" distros, you just have to trim your system down instead of building it up

why people are so fucking scared of just using arch?
you want to use something hipster with lazy devs who don't fix bugs, what's the upside? just accepting you are retarded to not type a few commands on a terminal? wow

>I installed Manjaro on a ThinkPad once and the volume buttons didn't even work and for some reason
This happened to me once as well when I tried Manjaro's GUI tool for installing newer kernels. My volume buttons stopped working and I reverted. Your buttons are tied down to kernel version as well. You can use that GUI tool to install kernels and see which one works the best.

Just install arch, you idiot.

Nah, it does do it. During a major update something might happen to give windows bootloader priority again, and that bootloader can only detect and boot windows.

>why would anybody dual boot with it
They are idiots.

It truly does that. Sometimes the w10 update will include updating something its bootloader, and when it does it just overwrites whatever other bootloader it finds there and then you gotta repair grub from a live USB.
>why the fuck would anyone dual boot with it?
People dualboot with it because they will start by "trying out" a linux distro, but don't bother to remove windows even if they don't use it anymore, or they will dual boot out of necessity to use windows software on a machine not good enough to run a virtual machine.

whats the difference between manjaro xfce? ive never heard of cinamon

planning on soon dual booting manjaro and win 10 from dufferent ssds. how do i set that up?

Ignore the kids. People forget that not everybody has the time to learn something they of have no need to learn.

>reddit
you have to go back

>baby can't install arch
lmao

Teach me, son of Stallman.

Sorry I have a life

a while ago Jow Forums said it was the worst distro, now its the best? make up your minds!

It's come a long way. Also
>Jow Forums is one person

Cinnamon (/ˈsJnəmən/ SIN-ə-mən) is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamomum.

It's bad, they add patches to arch vanilla and release updates slightly later to include security updates. That's all. It's arch for dummies

i just use Tumbleweed

>rolling distro
>YaST
>tons of community and support
>thumbnails in firefox dolphin filepicker

no breakages yet.

ur gay

based manjaro triggering arch fatsos like always

It's the thinking man's distro.

>fast and lightweight
same as other distros
>latest packages
they literally delay their packages, therefore not the latest
>rolling release
just like arch
>community packages in single place (AUR) with votes and comments
just like arch
just like arch (and any other distro)
if it's obscure for you, it means you can'tinstall anything that doesn't have a wizard (i.e. literally why enterprise IT support exists)
also, antergos, anarchy, zen, all the other archisos avaialble
>active community
just like arch
>1st on Distrowatch
google is the most visited website

There's literally no reason

>systemd
Almost good

>muh sysvinit
>muh minimalism

If we go by Manjaro:
Install as usual
Skip the "do you wanna install grub/where" part
Load directly into your new Manjaro partition
Install refind

forum.manjaro.org/t/using-livecd-v17-0-1-as-grub-to-boot-os-with-broken-bootloader/24916

>just like arch (and any other distro)
No its actually like super fucking easy

Attached: 1508953021451.png (1504x1118, 137K)

>Tried to install Manjaro
>grub installed incorrectly
>spend 12 hours fixing grub, and reinstalling 3 times
>not even fixed
>install arch's own grub manually
>grub can't find the OS
>literally scream "FUCK THIS SHIT"
>install Antergos
>Works out of the box in the first try

Lmao just use antegros lmao
Seriously though I've had nothing but problems with manjaro, no other distro has pissed me off more than manjaro.

this

Install using dd and stop using rufus.

They do? Source

this

Epic meme xD

Lightweight? It ships with bloatware (ms office. Steam etc).
Its a good distro and i use it but its not lightweight.

Plus why is there two package managers

Why is Manjaro's kernel a botnet kernel?

What issues? I think i have one with the system freezing but its only happened twice and im unsure how to replicate. Changing gpus is piss though thats the case with literally every distro

>ships with steam
Fuck, does it? I'm pretty sure it didn't used to do this. MS office is only recently added afaik.

>lightweight

Attached: 1515976102877.png (544x638, 619K)

Yeah. I uninstalled it but its annoying that it's even there. I run steam on windows to keep it completely seperate (cant even xen/ vm that shit program)

What's the point of that?
It's not like it will change the kernel immediately, you still need a reboot. And in which you can choose on the Advanced options in GRUB.
Therefore, nullifying that program's function.

I wonder if its possible without reboot to switch kernels

I wonder if linux is a kernel.

Linux is just an extension to the fully operational hurd kernel

>that boomer afraid of any unfamiliar technology
Go mow the lawn grandpa.

Didn't canonical brag about their update system for servers being able to do this?

>install manjaro
>update it
>lurk some internet
>next day try to boot
>nothing happens

Trash tier distro. Ubuntu/Mint > Cuckjaro

Attached: yaya.gif (500x589, 605K)

Manjaro works on my laptop since January. I'll gladly take a distro that I dont have to go ppa hunting for common software over the debian derivs.

Arch isn't even hard to install.

as someone who hasn't got any experience with linux (expect using crunchbang for a few days) tell me why i shouldn't use debian.

>t. l33t arch user who doesnt care about actual productivity

It's ancient.