Why are Apple devices so prone to overheating?

Why are Apple devices so prone to overheating?

Attached: 1525488521290.gif (640x360, 1.25M)

Steve hated fan noises

Form over function.

Jobs had an obsession with nofans and it rubbed off onto everyone else in there.
Someone post that image with the old overheating Apple computer that Jobs insisted come passively cooled.

Attached: 1529104044056.png (686x955, 468K)

Because it's a missed opportunity when you don't have something Sun-hot just beside a lithium battery.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 88K)

Meanwhile based master ZX Spectrum race didn't even need any coolers at all. Now, that was a home computer!

Attached: CORR_IMG_0054.jpg (2592x1728, 3.42M)

Better version.

Attached: 1525271918134.gif (640x360, 1.25M)

This and muh thin meme combined creates a thermal nightmare. They use the aluminum body as cooling which means it gets scorching hot if it does anything other than browse Facebook.

However the 128k did have a sexy heatsink dangling out the side to cool the voltage regulators.

Attached: ZXSpectrum128.jpg (800x293, 44K)

No fucking way that was officially recommended

its the same thing

>snotty little shit fingering his cereal
>having a snotty fit because Angry Birds disappeared

I FUCKING HATE CHILDREN FUCK

well meme'd

Old fag here.

It was. Apple III was shit.

>source: I was there, man.

thank you, based apple3 poster

>t. Basement dwelling permavirgin

(You)

This is the PCB of the power supply in my Macintosh Performa 6320. Idiots put a capacitor right next to a linear regulator and a power resistor, so it got so hot it started leaking and malfunctioning (this was a 105°C Nichicon, imagine the heat it must've passed through). The cap malfunction caused the voltage regulator to get even hotter, which made the capacitor leak further and so on and so forth. When I caught the fault, the board was almost charred. I had to rebuild some traces because they were so corroded they simply crumbled away when I removed the capacitor. I replaced it with two caps of half the value to reduce ESR, which I placed on the back of the board and heatshrunk to avoid overheating from the regulator or the resistor. So far it's been working well.

Attached: 4aa562ba-31f4-43a3-80a7-adb19d284695.jpg (720x540, 70K)

And here is the front of the board before the fix. Absolutely black.

Attached: 8cd01dcd-f68d-426b-be98-4f24e1be6b8d.jpg (720x540, 44K)

>child
that's just the average apple user

I guess that's why they call them iToddlers!

Attached: 1507159000876.png (425x282, 147K)

B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D

more like Apple users actually have a wife and a child.

>Macintosh Performa 6320
What the fuck are you doing boomer? We are in 2018 already.

Cringe...

I bet you always had perfect manners as a kid

Don't talk to me or my wife's iToddler again.

Attached: 1512937971766.png (1051x708, 655K)

because of pic related

Attached: deadmac.png (812x1136, 20K)

>Applecare
>living in a country where you have to pay for warranties that should already be in place by law

Trashtalk the EU all you want, but slapping these cunts to make sure they don't siphon money from people by making shitty products that break in month 13.

>implying

Good, when it shits itself and sets something on fire, take pics to document it, then sue apple for "defective product" You could be set for life with no real downside. Not related but some stupid asswipe at work had a large industrial shelving unit collapse around him, he was ok, no injuries. Witnesses, everything. Dude shoulda sued the company but no, he let it go. He coulda been a rich mother for nothing but being a lucky bastard. Dumbass. If it was me I'd sued and been on easy street for rest of my life.

>aluminum

Attached: 1527089663859.gif (680x315, 120K)

Do Americans really eat cereal? What the fuck.

>So I picked it up and dropped it and it just worked.
>How do we implement this?
>Just tell them to do exactly what we did.
>What.
>It just works.

What game is he playing?

Attached: 1515780557090.jpg (491x387, 61K)

not enough coppa

What did he mean by this?

One was made by Apple.

What else would you do with it?

>then sue apple for "defective product"
Get told you're burning it wrong.

because of the thin electronics meme pushed by companies since first candybar formfactor phones came out

>Antitrust
>living in a union where a company gets punished for including easily removable software with their OS

Trashtalk the US all you want, but slapping you cunts to make sure you don't siphon money from businesses by making shitty laws that get passed specifically to give the EU more money.

a well placed bowl can be great decoration

>appleshit
Found your problem.

that's just shitty parenting

If you aren't a typical amerifat and actually pay attention to your micronutrient intake via a nutrient tracker (ie. cronometer.com), cereal can be a great tool to get certain nutrients without having to swallow nutrients in pill form. Cereals like Trix and Captain Crunch and other sugary shit like that are just candy pretending to be children's breakfast. I think it's unethical how they market that shit to children using cartoons and whatnot. It should be criminal. I digress. I eat Fiber One for the nutritional content (it contains some specific micronutrients I don't get a lot of otherwise). I typically add berries to it such as blueberries (especially frozen).

iToddlers have defended this.

>If you aren't a typical amerifat and actually pay attention to your micronutrient intake via a nutrient tracker (ie. cronometer.com)
christ