So have you switched to Windows 10?

So have you switched to Windows 10?

Attached: mswindows2_2040.0.1513708608.jpg (1200x800, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

getwpd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

No, and I probably never will.

Ja. my college forced me into it by using windows store software. fml.

Yes, 2 years ago like a normal human being that isn't a crazy autistic paranoid child worried about anime being found on my disk.

I switched during the beta and never had any issues with it, updates are easy to disable and telemetry was figured out years ago.
At this point dumb Win7-fags are pretty much just the nu version of XP boomers

Tried it. Disliked it. Switched to Linux.

Yeah, I don't wanna be a victim of baby duck syndrome.

>baby duck syndrome.
what?

7 on all my laptops except for two chromebooks.

Got 10 on my backroom home server.

Yeah because I'm not an hdd boomer

Baby ducks imprint the first images they see as their parent. Baby duck syndrome is when someone compares every new iteration of software with the first one they used, usually negatively.

Attached: download (3).jpg (345x146, 9K)

I need it for gaymes and drivers. Those are the only two things keeping me from Linux.

This

windows is garbage

Yeah, duh, I have more important things to do with my life than wrestle with linux, overpay for mac, or use a web browser machine(chromebooks).

>windows user
>not a baby duck

Win10 users absolutely aren't baby ducks, seeing as they've literally dealt with major changes just fine. is an example of a baby duck, they're endlessly chasing the "good ol days" on ancient hardware thanks to their first childish experience with computers.

MacOS 7 > Windows 10

linux has better driver support than windows

>apple users are all 30+ year old boomers and soccer moms
>Linux users are pedos
>Unix users are in their 50s
>Microsoft users are all teenagers and young gamers

Time to switch schools. Fucking Jews.

>bloated GUIs are good

>linux has better driver support than windows
Posting wild shit purely for (You)s is quite the choice user.

Have fun running all over the net for your random drivers.

Yes, 10 LTSB is just 7 with a new UI and a bit of botnet.

Attached: 43s2.jpg (367x388, 56K)

accidently upgraded my key to 10 this year.

use virtual machine?

yes

Yes. 10 Pro with updates scheduled every Monday at 1AM on every computer in the house.
Haven't had a problem in 3 years.

Attached: 1517346926987.jpg (650x918, 145K)

Yeah
The pop-ups drove me to finally switch to linux

>linux has better driver support than windows
The mental retardation required to post this. I made the mistake of looking into Linux driver source code a few years back - full of TODOs, magic numbers, and clearly written by somebody who had no idea, and did the minimal required for their use case. It became clear to me at that moment why it's such a clusterfuck on the desktop.

Yes because I'm not a poor neet

To be fair that's almost certainly not going to be a mainline driver

Yes - on most of my machines. However, Windows 7 works better for some reason on my (ancient) laptop.

Yeah but I wish I waited a little longer because it's got a bunch of problems that still haven't been ironed out yet (if they're even gonna be fixed at all), not to mention the boogeyman spying shit that you can "remove". Would've switched to linux years ago if it was compatible with the shit I use but that still don't look like it'll happen any time soon andeverything is starting to require 10 so going back to a previous version like 7 is out.... Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

yes, but thats because Im a retard when it comes to computer stuff

It was in the kernel tarball. Draw your own conclusions.

Yes.

Given a machine for work.

Anyone willing to save me some time and know how to get rid of the store, Cortana, edge, and onedrive?

I'd prefer getting rid of it completely vs just hiding it

ltsb

nah I mainly just switched to linux, it's honestly less work. windows 7 was the last good windows.

getwpd.com/
Keep in mind if you start toggling shit off you don't really understand, yet still try and use the defaults (like the start menu), shit might get a little wonky due to how integrated they wanted things to be. Otherwise safe.

LTSB more or less describes what you're looking for. It's still botnet but most of the UWP stuff is stripped out, plus you get the comfy win7 calculator. Cortana is technically in every version of windows 10, it just gets renamed in Enterprise/LTSB and has most of the "AI" and web stuff removed; it's still a regression from the win7/8 search.

You can also just delete most of that crap through powershell but it will likely come back after a ""feature"" update so you're looking at ongoing maintenance not a one time thing (which is a theme with windows 10). LTSB doesn't get feature updates at all, which is nice.

I’m on 7 and everything just werks and looks how I want it to so I have literally 0 reason to upgrade.

Attached: 5825B997-86E3-46C0-A842-7E6FFAE48168.png (800x770, 522K)

ever since the 2014 preview

Attached: Dih3j7LWsAA_iRO.jpg (750x718, 58K)

I wouldn't have to pay for a new license right? Just install a new OS basically?

Yes, and I make my illiterate tech sister uses Windows too out of my convenient since it automatically installs software for hardware that I don't really care about.

Attached: 1518454929644.png (1280x720, 826K)

No, you either pay up for LTSB (and it's not regular consumer pricing) or pirate it (shit idea if it's a work machine). Damn thing doesn't even have WSL. Don't listen to the neets suggesting LTSB, they haven't worked a day in their life.
Education/Enterprise grants more control compared to the alternatives, although even Pro should do exactly as you need.

Run this in powershell
Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage

Save that to your desktop for future use.
In settings, make sure under Update and Advanced Options, you have it set to only update on Semi-Channel, as well as only check for feature updates once a year (I think edu/enterprise offer longer, can't recall exactly).
After that, set your network to Metered Connection. Windows will refuse to download updates unless you explicitly select download, so it's great for times when you're set and ready to update.

Windows 10*

No. Windows 10 is an abomination.

No

Yeah, why wouldn't I? The alternatives are abysmal.

You will either need to get the license from work through an MSDN subscription (ask your neighborhood senior dev if you know one, they might be able to get you one easily) or pirate it. Ironically the only stable version of windows 10 isn't even available to consumers. They want you on Home/Pro so you can beta test it for the Enterprise/LTSB users.

Enterprise isn't awful but it will still require a decent amount of initial setup to do what you're asking and will need to be reapplied after every feature update. If you value stability and repeatability over all else there's no choice other than LTSB right now.

>Run this in powershell
it takes a lot more than that to do what user is asking for. That uninstalls like the 5 default store apps and pretty much nothing else. Doesn't remove the context menu shell entry, doesn't disable the "Would you like to find an app on the store" dialog, doesn't address Edge, Cortana, or the OneDrive integration.

No. I have tried it and found it a sub par experience. Im happy with linux.

I find it despicable that it ignores options set by users deliberately in GPEdit.

Nah, it does pretty much exactly what user asked for, at least the vast majority of it. The dialog asking to find a program to run will always be there and has always been there since 7. Removing a link from a dialog box is some advanced autism nobody should be doing on a closed source system.
Onedrive isn't a store app, edge will be removed, and cortana won't work.

No.
Netbook: Win XP
Notebook: Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Never make any updates.

Use gentoo.

Gotcha, looks like my original idea of headed back to Win7 is better then. I don't even care about its lifespan because by that time I'll be using a different machine most likely.

The only reason why I didn't in the first place was because re-installing all of the drivers and because I assumed disabling all of the useless 10 features would be simpler.

See Literally some toggles. Not hard.

No, still on 7.

Pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about based on this post

>Removing a link from a dialog box
this is configurable through regedit. It also doesn't exist in LTSB by default.

>Onedrive isn't a store app
no one said it was, it was part of user's original request to remove the integration

>edge will be removed
categorically false, edge is managed separately from store apps and does not get removed with that command. It requires a separate batch script and essentially can only be "broken", not fully removed (similar to cortana)

>cortana won't work
certain features of cortana which rely on store apps (like bing news) won't work. Cortana will still work just fine.

Attached: 1528148374639.png (851x1664, 441K)