Net admin vs. Sys admin

Net admin vs. Sys admin.

You're a guy with an A+ and 2 years help desk experience. Which do you choose to go for, and why?

Attached: download.png (296x170, 6K)

I've done both. Both are shit.
Seriously find a new line of work.

here again
Also CompTIA is fucking stupid and literally only geeksquad has only ever cared about A+. throw that shit in the trash.

You go for whatever you can get, because you have no worthwhile qualifications

Unfortunately this is what everyone will tell you about their line of work. I'm an IT guy and that's that.

"admin" is a code word for "dude who does the drudge work day-in and day-out, does the motions without exercising any brain power, and even though he's clutch, nobody appreciates it because 'oh yeah he's just a computer guy'"

so what's the alternative in my position, aside from the usual bullshit answers?

i donno, if your experience is help desk stuff....

actually i do know some people who have "scientist" jobs, and their main role is "computing support". basically they just answer sysadmin-type questions all day to help acadmics do their computations for their research...

that seems better than "come on, just fix the nVidia bugs we got after the RedHat update" type drudge-work

> that seems better than "come on, just fix the nVidia bugs we got after the RedHat update" type drudge-work

Well I wouldn't be doing that if I were a net admin...so that's one vote for net admin then?

Business sucks. Every aspect of business is aids. Fuck management

Who knew how many fucking roadblocks people could put in from of you for just wanting fix and manage systems

Fucking Christ

Sys admin here, comfyist job ever. Just sit on my ass all day shitposting and pretending to do stuff. I work for a school so I only sometimes need to help a teacher. Being a sysadmin is easy as fuck.

>hey computer kid
>why can't I download this app?
>faketaxisluts.ru.mp4.exe
>this is important stuff, what do I even pay you for?

Remote sysadmin is an excellent choice if you are a wanderer , explorer of European continent as you can can literally work and travel. Also the fact it's boring after a while as you get fluent quickly and most problems are repeating themselves is a plus because you don't have to care about them after working hours.

exactly as he says

This is a helpdesk for shitty corpo not a sysadmin job.

>ITT: human potatoes mistaking sysadmin for a helpdesk guy

it's like mistaking a hermit for a prostitute

First, ignore salty webdevs who are mad at you making sweet dosh without actually needing to work.
Second, don't forget that at the end of the day, the workplace that you'll get into will be the deciding factor of wether you'll enjoy it or not. Both choices can be practically the same, so you'll have to do homework on where you can apply first.

>First, ignore salty webdevs who are mad at you making sweet dosh without actually needing to work.

And enjoy laughing at their incompetence when services start to crash because these morons cannot into actual programming.

>Second, don't forget that at the end of the day, the workplace that you'll get into will be the deciding factor of wether you'll enjoy it or not. Both choices can be practically the same, so you'll have to do homework on where you can apply first.

Yeah it's important to check if this is a good working place or onion.

Why did I ever pick IT? How do I fix my life now?
>computer dudeing since 2009 (everything from helpdesk to setting up firewalls)
>freelance programmer on off-work hours since 2011
There is nowhere to run from bullshit. I'm drowning in garbage.

How do people manage to do this for their entire life without killing themselves?

> Net admin vs. Sys admin.
Both. One wouldn't exist without another and I don't see why would you want to limit your skill growth.

Get your Sec+

They don't.
Seriously, it looks like burnout. Try changing a job, get some motivation.

>impyling there is a single wageslave field where you don't burn out after a decade

Then risk everything being an entrepreneur or go innawoods and live as a hermit.

> after a decade
Damn, I still live in 2013. Well...
Still, it's worth to do something new. Learn a language, get a nice set of skills. That's what I would do (and what I do, to some degree).

There is no more autist and boring work as net admin. But ISP's pay good for it. If you are a sellout whore go for it.

> There is no more autist and boring work as net admin
Asm programmer.

>Remote sysadmin is an excellent choice if you are a wanderer , explorer of European continent as you can can literally work and travel. Also the fact it's boring after a while as you get fluent quickly and most problems are repeating themselves is a plus because you don't have to care about them after working hours.
How do I achieve this status of Enlightment, senpai?

Working for a school = sysadmin?

What fucking country is this

Ehh, to be honest it's a pretty big school with a decently sized environment. I've seen bigger but I support about 100~staff members. I have 1 other guy here who helps people out incase I'm not here or it's busy. Only sometimes we book an MSP from my dad's business.

A systems administrator is a network administrator by implication. If you aren't involved in both the architecture of networks and the infrastructure that powers and uses them, then you're a glorified support agent.

There is none, you're fucking doomed

fuck of commie