Is there even a decent web browser anymore? or is it just pick your poison

is there even a decent web browser anymore? or is it just pick your poison

Attached: browser_logos-100734193-large.jpg (700x546, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/chrome-store-foxified/
archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY),
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

P A L E M O O N

IceCat is the best browser.

unironically firefox

Vivaldi.

elinks

Waterfox, it has a cuter logo

safari is the only one that might not be spyware

You have to be 18 to post here

Firefox is free, just audit the source code.

The one with the highest score on the acid3 test

acid3.acidtests.org

Attached: people-dying-on-the-inside-draft-xx-photos-221.jpg (550x548, 40K)

i tried vivaldi once it was so slow, have they updated it or changed it so it's faster at all?

MEMES

It's for power users, it doesn't mesh well with weak hardware.

thanks for your answer! i assumed it was probably because of my computer but just wanted to be sure

Firefox it's still the best one unless you care a lot about your privacy and can't be arsed to tweak a few about:config settings

>a few
My list of things I have to change in about:config already has 41 settings.

It's a profit driven company nowadays, not a non-profit organization. It's only going to get worse. Soon they will implement DNS crap, that will have to be disabled as well. As I said, the list is growing.

firefox

>P A L E M O O N
This 1000 times

Attached: 1533058493548.jpg (768x960, 184K)

Firefox does not yet have a website translator as efficient as Chrome. That's what I lack in my opinion.

this

Firefox a shit

literally this

i tried the new firefox, and this was the dealbreaker.

Use GNU IceCat if things like Google Secure Browsing are too much botnet for you
Their DNS over HTTP experiment objectively improves privacy for everyone who isn't running their own DNS resolver (with DNSSEC and DoH or dnscrypt) or something like dnscrypt-proxy, Mozilla it's literally the only major browser vendor who isn't trying to aggressively sell your data
Just learn the languages brainlet, otherwise the plethora translating plugins work decently and most don't tie you to Google

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/chrome-store-foxified/

more like is there even a decent web anymore?

They are literally sending all DNS requests into the USA.
That's not how securing people works, no matter how hard they and you try to twist it.

Only a fool would do something like that in times like these.

Self elected kapos. Fuck them all to death.

>They are literally sending all DNS requests into the USA.
>That's not how securing people works, no matter how hard they and you try to twist it.
Except it does, all you get from metadata are that the origin of the requests, unlike plain DNS requests where you get the site and shitloads of metadata, and all the requests don't go to the US, they do go to a US company but their infrastructure it's massive and spread around the world, they are sent to the closest 1.1.1.1 server found by anycast
By coalescing the requests into a few servers you also blur your location and make geolocating you more difficult
>Only a fool would do something like that in times like these.
So you're retarded and have no idea what DNSSEC and DNS encryption is, right?

While the Cloudflare choice seems aligned with the NSA machinery they're literally the only major DNS provider that cares about privacy at least on paper, outside of them you're left with OpenNIC which is pretty slow compared to Google/OpenVPN/Cloudflare
Running their own resolver in the browser it's just way too slow for general usage (as is OpenNIC), however they're also planning to aggresively cache requests which would further reduce exposure

I guess you're too retarded to understand any of this though

ah yes, because i will spend years studying a language to have the skills to read one shitty fanfiction on the internet

Why would you even read a broken translation of already badly redacted fanfiction? Just use any of the existing plugins or stop literally eating shit, and if you can't investing into learning the language might be worth it

broken translation > no translation

>Why would you even read a broken translation of already badly redacted fanfiction?
> why would you even have an ashtma? Just stop breathe

If you read internet forums, broken english should seem normal.

Nice (wrong) guesswork and nice mixing up facts. You are full of shit, have no idea what you are talking about and are a reason why the web becomes more and more centralized.

Centralization is the worst thing that can happen to the internet, you are a backstabbing whore.
OpenNIC is a standard, not a sever. Get your facts straight.
US based = bad. We all have to deal with it in our post-snowden world.
Company in charge of freedom = bad. They don't care about you and saving your ass. If they have to choose between keeping you out of trouble and money, they will choose money.
1.1.1.1 has nothing to do with this. Stop stirring shit together.
DNS requests are not metadata, a DNS request is a request, containing information that is only "meta"data between you and the resolver. The US based resolver does not only have the "meta"data, it has all the data in the DNS request, how else should they respond to the request? Don't bother answering, keep your mouth shut, dollarwhore.
Proper operating systems cache requests by default.
PEBKAC and mozilla is handing over unaware people. Some of them not even tech illiterate. Do you think they hand over millions of users/customers for free? They get money from cloudflare, nigger. Money they desperately need, as they throw it out the window for designers.

Kill yourself. You are a disgrace for IT and an even worse disgrace for Anonymous.
Rat.

Attached: its-all-so-tiresome-8881488.png (500x478, 96K)

What extensions should I be using with Firefox?

Currently using uBlock Origin, uMatrix and Greasemonkey

>OpenNIC is a standard, not a sever. Get your facts straight.
The OpenNIC project runs it's own anycast servers with help of voluntaries, you don't actually know much, do you?
>US based = bad. We all have to deal with it in our post-snowden world.
Yes, it has always been bad, but there's literally no other entity offering competent DNS services while promising privacy
>1.1.1.1 has nothing to do with this. Stop stirring shit together.
Mozilla is using Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 anycasts DNS resolvers for their DoH experiment
>DNS requests are not metadata, a DNS request is a request, containing information that is only "meta"data between you and the resolver. The US based resolver does not only have the "meta"data, it has all the data in the DNS request, how else should they respond to the request? D
No, a normal DNS request contains the site you're looking for in cleartext along nice timestamps for anyone in between to read, unless you're using DoH or dnscrypt (DoT isn't safe and it's basically as bad as cleartext DNS requests)
>Proper operating systems cache requests by default.
They barely do, they don't cache much if at all, even most *nix installs will default to using the resolver the network tells them to use and won't even bother with caching
>PEBKAC and mozilla is handing over unaware people. Some of them not even tech illiterate. Do you think they hand over millions of users/customers for free?
How retarded are you? DoH experiment it's only enabled to half of Nightly desktop users, whose userbase it's barely above a million and most of them are tech literate and can easily understand the well explained screen explaining you the experiment and how to opt out of it as soon as you are choosen for it
>Kill yourself. You are a disgrace for IT and an even worse disgrace for Anonymous.
le ebin legion XD XD
kys absolute retard, you didn't even bother to read what the DoH experiment it's about and know nothing about DNS

>le ebin legion XD XD
If you don't like it here, fuck off.
Is that
>"hurr, you must not know what you are talking about!!1 you don't know what you are talking about! I can see you don't know nothing!2"
all that you have to say?

Centralization is bad. Deal with it.
US based centralization is bad. Deal with it.
Mozilla is handing out users for monetary gains. Deal with it.
DNS resolvers don't belong in a browser. Deal with it.
If you use unencrypted DNS resolvers and don't live a NSA cucked shithole like the USA, cleartext DNS requests are not a threat. Deal with it.
There are entities offering competent DNS services, you're just too ignorant to recognize them. A US bubble, so to say. Deal with it.

Really happy to see these backstabbers go bankrupt. Go ahead, follow them. You already seem to blindly do so.

Attached: 1509472156069.jpg (206x250, 11K)

>Centralization is bad. Deal with it.
Yes it is, but easing dragnet surveillance by sending plaintext DNS requests it's way worse
>US based centralization is bad. Deal with it.
There's no current alternative
>Mozilla is handing out users for monetary gains. Deal with it.
[citation needed], no one would pay jack shit for barely a million of Nightly users, specially when they could get way more from Google or your ISP
>DNS resolvers don't belong in a browser. Deal with it.
Normal users won't setup their own resolvers with DNSSEC and DoH or dnscrypt, this is a massive improvement for the average user
>If you use unencrypted DNS resolvers and don't live a NSA cucked shithole like the USA, cleartext DNS requests are not a threat. Deal with it.
This is how I know you're an absolute retard, another version of the nothing to hide fallacy with the twist that it only matters in the US
>There are entities offering competent DNS services, you're just too ignorant to recognize them. A US bubble, so to say. Deal with it.
None that have a privacy policy as good as Cloudflare, if they were you would post them
>all that you have to say?
Projecting much? Your entire argument it's muh nothing to hide and muh centralization, while pretending nothing to hide it's OK as long as you aren't in the US
>Really happy to see these backstabbers go bankrupt. Go ahead, follow them. You already seem to blindly do so.
I'm happy wreking psyops like you who literally imply that encryption is bad, kys newfag Jow Forums frogposter, I guess you came here during the fappening or from r/the_donald

>[citation needed]
You don't think on your own. And then try to use that as an argument. Pathetic.

This conversation is over.

Attached: 1523123536978.jpg (250x154, 5K)

Attached: 1523577357432.png (560x629, 352K)

Palemoon, that binary blob browser that blocked AdNauseum because it interfered with their ad model? That Palemoon?

It's been picking your poison for at least a decade now.

I mean, I use Google Chrome and it's pretty alright.

Chrome is the best.

This is the best browser anons and it is normieproof.

Attached: 705fb883.png (270x270, 18K)

Eventually after dozens of browsers and forks I just gave in and use Chrome with cross device sync
It's 100% botnet but am I glad I don't have to configure my browser anymore any time I use a new device

archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf

Just use w3m you literal bloatfags

>don't have to configure my browser anymore any time I use a new device
is this a common problem for normal people ?

dubs don't lie

>i am too stupid to compile my own firefox.

I'm gonna install GNU IceCat later today. It's just plain and simply the best choice.

I mean really, what's the alternative?

>Chrome
>Anything Apple
>Anything Microsoft
Undisputed botnets

>Firefox Quantum
Probably a botnet (youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY), and all of the good addons are dead now anyway.

>Chrome derived browsers
Can't prove that they've been ungoogled and therefore they are presumed botnets.

>Actual Firefox ESR
Expires soon and will be moving to Quantum, which puts it in the same shitty box as the normal Firefox.

>Firefox ESR derived browsers
Often insecure, because they don't use the security updates that ESR has received after they forked from it. GNU IceCat is the only one that I know of that does follow ESR's updates and tries to protect your privacy.

>indie shit
In terms of security they're too small to trust and they're also often too small to let you customize them to the degree that you'd like (e.g. they're lacking good addons). But I do see Vivaldi and Brave receiving a lot of praise, so they might be worth looking in to.

Way too bloated

Crashed my tab with icecat lul

My only problem with Chrome is that after the latest update they fucked up the new tab so I have a millimeter of scroll that triggers my autism. They also fucked the bookmark bar a bit but they quickly fixed that with a stealth update.

What's your top priority?
Privacy? GNU IceCat.
Old FF feel? Pale Moon.
Old FF feel, but as a complete internet suite? SeaMonkey.
Chrome feel without botnet? Ungoogled Chromium.
Somewhat lightweight, while still maintaining semi-extensive functionality? Falkon.

>41 settings
Just like me
I hope you're also using the superior mozilla.cfg method to apply them all desu

I just decided to try Vivaldi because of this thread, and I am damn impressed so far.

Attached: 1523984739009.jpg (300x266, 18K)

i would use ff but it uses 300 mb more with the exact same tabs open as chrome. not really a big deal now that i think of it, but whatever

It's chrome with a shitload of customization and features slathered on, what's not to like?

You're literally connecting to the internet, signing into accounts, etc, how the fuck is any browser not a botnet you inbred fuck. This is what happens when you internalize Jow Forums memes.

w3m is best aesthetic
chrome is best reliability
firefox is(was)'best' security.

This retard got rekt lol

Lower the process content limit if you're autistic about RAM usage.

No, I wasn't. I'm smart enough to not run mozillas DNS resolver.
Getting insulted as "you don't know what you're doing, hurr durr" despite doing so, isn't getting rekt, scrub.
Now u get rekt. Do as your jewish US overlords tell you.

it was lowered to 2 when i typed that. when i tope it xd

cringe

>Nuthang to hyde!

cringer

I wish there was a way to import literally everything from cyberfox. Settings, bookmarks, autocomplete etc. There's not, so I'm stuck with this bloatware.

97 on a craptop. FF with a lot of addons.

lol you did though. He addressed multiple things you were wrong about and you didnt have anything to come back with.

I'm still a fan of Firefox.
>Tab system?
Good.
>Privacy?
Good(with the right settings and other shit).
>Crashes?
... Not anymore...

Works for me.

Yeah it's called Firefox. /thread

this
>tfw pip thread went 404 before you could post your webm

forgot to attach webum

Attached: output.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

whatever is happening here is an abomination

Is Chrome still limited to vp9 software decoding? I was seriously considering on using Edge solely for youtube because of this shit until I learned that firefox can do vp9 hardware decoding just fine.

Furry browser

what might those settings be?
I only disabled pocket
the data collection program (only defaulted on windows, for some reason)
and media auto play

I thought edge needed a separate codec to work with webm at all?
did they include one now?

install netscape

Tell me: What am I wrong about?

Just because I don't fight his retarded arguments, doesn't mean he's right.
I hope you know that this applies to many many arguments in life in general.
Local unencrypted decentralized DNS requests are superior to encrypted centralized DNS requests. Transparent DNS proxying rarely, you could say never, happens. It's an attack on paper. If you need to worry about your data, you can't rely on built-in tools. If you have encrypted DNS but surf using HTTP on a public wifi without VPN, your encrypted DNS means jack shit.
Privacy policies mean shit. When the cops knock on cloudflares doors, these skinny nerds there won't start a fight for you and go to prison for you, they will just hand your data over. Who gives a fuck about policies? Get real, nigga. One seized server means millions of customers getting shrekt. A decentralized system like the internet avoids these problems elegantly since decades. And it must proceed doing so.
He's literally twisting the truth around, saying I'm the nothing to hide faggot, when he's the one shoveling data into one giant babbys (cloudflares) mouth without any brains.
There are alternatives to centralized DNS resolvers, mozilla is just too lazy to start something in that regard. Nobody is stopping moz from delivering a snap/docker image/etc. that every noob sysadmin can implement on his hosting companies shitbox to make decentralization easy. The fogged brains of the moz devs can't grasp that simple to use implementations are the key to quick success and spread. Instead they only make one deal and call it a day. Drive unknowing users into the hands of MAGA corps. That's not the solution to the underlying problem.

I'm using encrypted DNS since years, but it's far over exaggerated that you'd get hacked constantly not using one. It's simply a bogus claim, not backed by any facts or real world occurings.
Yes, DNS needs to be revamped. But not like mozilla wants to do it.

>Error: Comment too long

Attached: 1528322976440.jpg (250x241, 6K)

Why don't you address what he said here and here without memes and assumptions this time.

Safari is GOAT. And Edge would be decent if it finally fixed their scroll bars. They are supposed to hide the scrollbars, but it doesn't do it.

Yes.
Great, use what works for you.

Very funny

Desktop:
Firefox fails test 23, 25 and 35. With addons you also get to see the "you shouldn't be seeing this" text.
Brave, same results as Firefox without addons.

Mobile:
Fennec (Firefox), same as desktop Firefox.

All 4 test cases I get 97.

whats the difference from ff esr?

I strictly use Lynx for my every day browsing needs

What is it?

why?

Doesn't have blobs and tracking, more privacy features out of the box.