Windows XP

Hey Developer-kun, have you finally dropped your Windows XP VM? Even Firefox has stopped updating on XP. Do YOU still make sure your code runs on it?

Attached: windowsxpvm_primary-100259619-large.jpg (580x388, 63K)

I only offer Linux and OS X binaries for my software. Fuck Winshit and the entire user base. I don't give a fuck about you retarded gaymur fags. Go back to /v/.

Your binaries probably run on Win10.

I still have a laptop that can dual boot XP. Windows XP still has 10% market share in China and around 1.5% in the USA.

Based. What’s your software

>image of xp-tan on her deathbed here
It’s sad that the XP era is finally ending but it will be good for computing, software, and security.

The question is, will Windows 7 last much longer? Will 8.1?

XP could be replaced by 7, but can 10 replace 7?

Microsoft will probably force upgrades to 10.

every 7 PC can run 10
but not every XP PC could run 7

>tfw no msys2 any more

How do I get an install of windows xp? I tried that one archive site but I can't even get my laptop to recognize the USB when I try it and I know it's neither the laptop or the USB because it worked for installing ubuntu

Probably but the question is is it worth it.

Checked

Attached: 1532633889713.jpg (587x633, 32K)

Attached: 1509997619027.gif (268x231, 1.16M)

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212
There's a copy of Windows XP Professional in /OS/Windows directory

Attached: gelbooru_3765720_3c4910519a29b57e908a9e873f5fa954.jpg (718x728, 99K)

Nice numbers lad

Attached: gelbooru_885076_46231fba6c196d0c4b77c71b0f0c7693.jpg (646x690, 423K)

cmd that outputs hello world

Not gonna lie kinda want to build a new XP box... would any modern components even be compatible? I know the RAM issue and all...but would an AM1 socket Mobo work?

Attached: 1523180189333.jpg (360x250, 13K)

As long as you go low end it should work
low end BIOS ddr3 mobo, celeron, pentium of dual core ayymd, older video card which still has XP drivers. Check if the mobo either supports IDE mode for the SATA controller or comes with "F6 drivers" you can use to create a custom XP image. Or use a floppy drive if you're a madman.

Gonna be a fun little project just to see how far this old OS can be pushed.

cringe

Long-winded way of saying "yes".

>I don't give a fuck about you
>Let me go on a mini tirade to show you how much I don't care
I'm not much of a fan of Windows, but come on lad. That's a tad bit overdramatic, don't you think?

>not being POSReady
>2018

lol if your program doesn't run on windows xp you are a fucking braindead retard.

something like 40% of businesses still use XP
large chains like TESCO (uks largest supermarket), for example, large swathes of public sector, police, still run XP. They never supplied any incentive for upgrading, they never bettered their products.

New software coded in newest versions of Microsoft Visual Studio will not run on XP due to troubles with .NET

>Thinks being ironic makes him clever
>>>/leddit/

>Says the faggot that talks about how much he doesn't think about people he hates
I think you ought to go to r//gnu r/linux with that autism, faggot

The netmarketshare results for July 2018 are out. Still 4.08% worldwide usage. What will trigger the XP genocide? Firefox dropping support won't help as there are third party browsers like Otter, New Moon and the Chinese browsers. Steam dropping support won't help either as most XP era games are still physical or have been cracked. We're facing XP zombie botnets for years to come.

holy shit

Attached: 1531640800434.png (840x820, 368K)

Don't worry we have hello world for windows too.

>Otter
How usable is it?

Posting to Jow Forums works. Youtube crashes.

If you want to shitpost on cripplechan or Jow Forums, or any site that complex in terms of scripts, it's perfect. However, Youtube always crashes when I use it.

There's also K-meleon Goanna for Windows XP. Which does work with Youtube and Jow Forums.

Requesting some drawfag make a zombie style XP-tan.

>POSReady
What advantages does POSReady edition have?

Attached: 1259541928.or.402909.png (1366x768, 213K)

This is a pretty cool idea, but you should probably prepare a reference and post it on /wsr/ if you want results.

So are there still archives of XP compatible software by chanc?

>3 years for them to speed up the fans on these stovetop machines

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 96K)

The downgrade to 10 is not worth it, but those digital numerals in repeating order are worth it.

Updates. Cool new theme.

checked, not worth it

Attached: 265f92e85e5bead7f1894eab941810e4.jpg (1100x1600, 116K)

>cash register OS

Chinese will ruin the world eventually.

>they never bettered their products.
Of course they did. It's just the cheap cunts in the private sector and the useless idiots in the public sector didn't ever take time to plan a migration. In the end they're paying for expensive support contracts that'll probably end up costing more in the end.