No Keyboard thread?

>No Keyboard thread?
Keyboard thread

Focus on no numpad keyboards

Pic related, Corsair K65

Attached: Screenshot_20180801-084027__01.jpg (1080x421, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3598
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unless it's modded or has custom caps why even post a picture... Just search the name.

Blackwidow.

I have the Logitech k850
Pic related

Attached: mk850_01kaids.jpg (1800x885, 290K)

Come on people I want to know what people like to use. BUMP!

>shitty gaming gear
Can't wait for summer to end

Attached: Superior.jpg (1500x868, 62K)

This is an image board. Are you a literal retard?

Anyone know of a keyboard that has the following:
>membrane
>cheaper than 99usd
>has a dedicated volume control
>is smallish, tenkeyless or one with numpad but efficient use of space
tyvm for any answres

Someone redpill me on why I wouldn't want a numpad besides saving on desk space

Ducky one TKL with mx blues and a Viterbi split ortholinear with BOX burnt orange and tai-hao keycaps.
Not pictured is a hand wired 35% with box jades.
Honestly I don't even use the ducky anymore (viterbi is my daily driver), and imo BOX jades beat blues in every possible way.

Attached: 20180415_203607.jpg (1903x2535, 2.22M)

Here's the handwired

Attached: 20180801_015036.jpg (2560x1440, 1.04M)

How often do you use it? If you use it as your primary way of inputting numbers then it's worth it. If you can live with using the number row, then you can save space.

nearly every 3d application utilizes the numpad greatly. I personally feel like there is no reason not to have them

now my wrists dont hurt any more :)

Attached: goat.jpg (780x430, 46K)

Dell QuietKey here. I sold my Model M and kept this.

Razer Ornata, for rgb go with chrona

are mechanical keyboards only good for gaming or is it also good for typing? which one is the best nowadays?

Have you tried Box Navies?

WhiteFox but I soldered in box navies.

There is no best. It's all subjective. What I use many would consider to be too heavy for gaming, but it works great for me.

Attached: 20180801_144824.jpg (4032x3024, 3.55M)

I'm using pic related.
It's cheap, feels great to type on, solid build quality and doesn't have any dumb LED shit.

Attached: b1.jpg (1000x1000, 302K)

I need a cheap, ANSI+numpad keyboard with dedicated media keys and good build quality.
I don't want gaymer shit, I want something that won't stand out like gonorrhea, so no stupid gay fonts and no RGB lighting.

Why aren't numpads on the left side? This has always confused me. You're supposed to center your keyboard in front of you with the spacebar unless you're gaymin'. So why put so much of the keyboard on the right side? It encroaches on mouse-territory, so you have to keep your mouse way the fuck to the right.
Wouldn't it be better to have the numpad on the left? That way you could use it with your left hand while making mouse selections with your right comfortably.

Attached: 6751_38_tesoro_tizona_g2n_mechanical_gaming_keyboard_and_g2n_p_numpad_review.jpg (620x287, 23K)

How long you had it for?
What kind of switches?

Being good for typing is the primary reason for a mechanical keyboard.

I had this keyboard at work and found it actually gave me MORE problems than using a standard one.

What switches? And model #?

I mean, I use my numpad as macro keys using autohotkey and it is nice.

It is GREAT for typing, also lasts a lot longer.

How do you like the G402?

For me it's the noppoo choc mini. Got a custom 5.5u pbt spacebar for it

Attached: npc.jpg (1500x1000, 206K)

Any thoughts on Redragon? I'm thinking of buying pic related to replace my IBM rubber dome keyboard. Apparently has "Cherry Blue equivalent" switches.

Attached: Redragon_KUMARA_K552-N.jpg (1500x1500, 144K)

boomer coming through

Attached: memeboard.jpg (1080x1920, 460K)

chink blue switches are very annoying sounding so be prepared for that

you can tell its chink trash from it having wasd on the fucking arrows

Question, do you like Outemu switches? If not, this is not the keyboard for you. If you don't care, get it, good value for the price.

Are Model Ms any good at all for gaming? Or is the buckling spring mechanism going to be a nightmare?

you can't actually use that thing in daily use, right?
what about programming?

Model Ms only have 2KRO, so not really. The old capacitive model F's have NKRO though.

its a nightmare

this too;

Gateron blues and I've had it for almost two years.

reminder to not fall for the light switches meme

It's actually the G502. I didn't like it at first. Seemed to not want to glide, lots of friction for some reason. I replaced the mouse pads on the bottom with "mouse skates" for like eight bucks and it made a world of difference.

The free spin feature on the scroll wheel is great. You can rebind keys per game in their program too, helpful when I played MMOs. Pretty solid mouse, if you replace those godawful mouse skates.

I'm beginning to debate if I should bother replacing this thing at all. It has full NKRO and no ghosting (because PS/2), the weighting is nice and light, the only thing that bothers me is the lack of tactile feedback, since I'm so used to typing on a Model M. I'm only using it on my gaming desktop, so I don't necessarily need a great typing experience, but some feedback would be nice. It would be good to keep the NKRO and it seems the Redragon is one of the cheaper mech keyboards that will support that.

Attached: IBM-KB9910.jpg (4032x3024, 1.16M)

Where do yall buy mechanical switches for the cheap? Mainly looking for gateron and cherry

Take your keyboard, then grab a low rectangular box and put it between your keyboard and your mouse. Then sit down to use your PC.
This is what it feels like for people who almost never use the numpad. It's not about total desk space, it's about having more freedom for your mouse and not having a giant block you never use sitting in the key space right in front of you. It doesn't matter if your desk is just big enough for your kb+mouse or if you have six feet of desk in every direction, the amount of space that's "right in front of you" and actually comfortable for use is the same.

Not him but programming is pretty much the main reason to use a board like this.

best mechanical keyboard under $120? Looking for gateron or cherry reds if possible

Attached: af2.png (741x568, 23K)

hmmm have the same mouse and bever had that issue. I love mine. Still interested in this skate thing tho.

But what about colons? Semicolons? Periods? Parentheses? Curly brackets? Brackets? Isn't it better to just have separate keys for those things instead of having to make key combinations every time you want a symbol?

This was my first mech keyboard. I love the Choc mini. It has such a cute box too

>14 yr old xoomer "dank" ass nigger starts a basedoulous "no numpad keyboards" thread with the picture of a fucking corsair gaymong chingchung churrio mxass tkl ("no numpad keyboard")
Go to bed, kid.

kailh

Just bought pic related with cherry mx clears, fukken group buys, have to wait for january for shipping

Attached: alt-71-black-full-no-bg_grande[1].png (600x481, 208K)

>Topre Realforce
Fails to register my keypresses when I type too quickly. Comfy outside of this issue.
>Pok3r with Clears
It's like I am strength training my fingers. Wish I had this in Blue.
>Filco Ninja TKL with Blues
Keyboard

What switch do I want for gaming? And yes I am a huge gamer, really cool

corsair k95 w/ maxkeyboard keycaps

regret not getting a daskb 4 or whatever.

Attached: 2018-05-09 22.39.20.jpg (4000x3000, 3.86M)

What do you make of this keyboard? It's sixty euros, but apparently, its quality/price ratio is good.
It was supposed to arrive yesterday, but today Amazon told me that delivery service fucked up the order, thus I would have to re-order it...

Attached: 81eVrP6xpuL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1017, 174K)

corsair are shit desu, non standard keys, made of cheap and thin abs plastic.

>no numpad keyboard

Attached: gross.jpg (639x360, 50K)

Bought a full sized ducky one with white LEDs and mx blues about a year ago and it's been pretty nice. The only thing I am even slightly considering changing is getting a TKL keyboard since the numpad kind of ruins ergonomics. Anyone got recommendations for good TKL keebs?

Also while I'm at it, someone explain why the fuck people like getting those retardedly gay 60% keyboards. They're just overpriced and force you to hold down multiple modifier keys to press things that would otherwise have a dedicated key.

Attached: large_2422_DKON1687.jpg (1200x852, 436K)

anyone use a Glorious GMMK? thinking of getting one with box reds

Maybe it was a particular batch of them, or they changed the design/material. The ones I got are the Hotline Games brand. Installation is just pulling off the old ones with tweezers, cleaning it all up with alcohol, and peel and stick the new ones on. Easy stuff.

Your arms are closer together and more naturally positioned. It's more comfortable to me.

I am actually, typing on it right now, it's really nice and the few problems like the common rattly stabs can be easily fixed. It's a great board desu

Using a mix of Gateron Red and Cherry Mx Speeds and I don't have any complaints

Just received these side printed PBT caps from my friendly neighborhood aliexpress chinaman today

ducky one with silvers don't hate on my gaymen habit ok

Attached: 1.jpg (1600x508, 425K)

>why the fuck people like getting those retardedly gay 60% keyboards

hipster minimalism basically

this ducky shine 3 TKL with browns was my first mech, I like TKL and was using a much smaller desk at the time, but then got a bigger one and got the 108 key Ducky One on a sale price I couldn't resist and I love it

I haven't used any other brands of mech but ducky is very solid in my experience so far, I would buy from them again

Attached: 2.jpg (1600x586, 436K)

What's the best chiclet keyboard? I like low-travel keys because I type very fast but I'm lazy and that extra 2mm kills me.
Also no numpad I already have numbers go away numpad.

Attached: keyboard.png (1160x943, 3.02M)

> Isn't it better to just have separate keys for those things instead of having to make key combinations every time you want a symbol?
The majority of symbols don't have a dedicated key even on a normal keyboard, so from that perspective it's no different. The big selling point though is that since everything else is right under you fingers, none of the symbols require you to stretch or move your hands at all, which ends up being much more comfortable than on a traditional layout.

Bronze, with silver on WASD

Get some speed silvers, they're unironically pretty nice

Kailh choc

Corsair Strafe without a doubt IMO. Authentic Cherry Red switches none of that Chinese knockoff garbage thats been floating around. Just get the basic red led version if you dont give a shit about LEDs.

mac keyboards unironically

I think my home is not compatible with mechanical keyboards and I don't know if they're worth it, honestly, after 2 years of mx reds I'm back on my backup rubber dome and all I feel is that my hands are more fatigued typing but that's it.

So I have two options:
- another mechanical
- a good rubber dome and call it a day

My main problem is dust (I live on top of a traffic heavy road, dust gets everywhere) and pet hair (3 cats, one of which with long hair)

So I was looking at the Romer-G switch from Logitech that looks more self contained than the Cherry switches, I heard they're rubbery but honestly I don't really care so much. Any tips on the G513?
Otherwise I was looking at the G213, but any rubber dome with maybe dedicated macro keys would be welcome.

My main usage is gaming.

I just sent back a Corsair that after 2 years completely shat itself. half the keyboard was chattering like shit

Attached: 133008553297.jpg (920x692, 164K)

Wait for kailh to thin out the stems on their box switches and get those. Part of the point with those is they are dust resistant.

Either Box like the other user said or Topre which is meant for industrial applications.

Attached: Screenshot_Chan_Burauza_20180802-123711.png (1440x2560, 263K)

What are some good reasons to get a TKL keyboard? Laptops and ancient Power Macs excepted, I’ve only ever owned 104-key layouts. Is the main idea supposed to be that it’s better to have the primary keys centred in front of you for better ergonomics? I feel it would mainly benefit programming and gaming.

CM Quick Fire Rapid-I with cherry mx browns
loving it so far

Attached: IMAG0093.jpg (4224x2368, 1.61M)

Aestethics? Other than that, it's just because really numpads aren't that useful.

I keep my keyboards with a numpad because I require them for a lot of stuff (I play many flight sims and having the keypad is a godsend)

ergonomics
you can have your hands closer together, that help posture and is more comfortable
plus I don't need a num pad that much now but if I ever needed one I'd rather get a separate num block than have a full keyboard

>I play many flight sims and having the keypad is a godsend
Do you have a joystick too?

I found I could replace a lot of the numpad functions with a really good flight sim oriented joystick with multiple toggles and switches.

I unironically need it just to play roguelikes

Anyone else using a keyboard you got when your Uni decided to replace their computers.

Attached: Dell_L100_keyboard.jpg (3264x2448, 1.66M)

Got this today: Ducky One TKL with MX brown switches, my favorites.
Had two K65s with MX silvers and a few others boards before that, but broke or sold them all. The Ducky is by far the nicest in terms of looks as well as build quality.

Attached: 2018-08-02-183955_802x419_scrot.png (802x419, 370K)

thinking of getting this one mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3598
for less noise, should I go with brown switches?

I use one of these at my office. People were complaining about the sound from my Code keyboard with the MX Browns (which pissed me off, since I wanted blues but opted for browns since they were quieter, and now I have both a Model M and browns at home), so I dug this out of inventory. Funnily enough, I did pull it from a university e-waste bin back when I was still a student. As far as I can tell, it is definitely one of the better membrane boards but I still feel like I get strain from typing on it for a long period of time.

I have a HOTAS (Saitek X-55) and the keypad is a godsend because most military aircraft (and civilian airliners) have a data entry keypad that you can just directly bind 1 to 1 on your keys, which is super comfy

Attached: KEY_One2TKLSkyline-1_1024x1024.png (1000x1000, 410K)

My keyboard and wrists are starting to break, and I'm planning to buy a split ergonomic keyboard. Any suggestions? Was thinking to buy pic related because of mechanical keys and macro buttons on left, which I like to use to navigate the net.

Attached: freestyle edge split gaming keyboard.jpg (1500x1500, 170K)

Go all the way and get a dactyl-manuform.

Attached: IMG_20180704_174336.jpg (3026x1656, 1.19M)

Do you ingest 500 L of soya milk daily? If the answer is yes that is why you wont want a keypad. Everyone else can get a non memeboard

im considering keyboardio but that price tag..

I felt for the mechanical keyboard meme. It is actually nothing better to me. I 100% prefer to type on my t420 keyboard.

It's just a bit easier on your finger
I completely agree it's a meme, rubber domes are more reliable, silent and just as good. We just need softer rubber.

recently i bought chinese mechanical keyboard and it's breety gud

Attached: 1501830_3_i500.jpg (500x196, 19K)

outemu red switches

No point, just get an Ergodox. With keyboardio you're paying a ton for the hipster design and manufacturing, the meme butterfly casing, the wood, etc.

Or make yourself a Manuform if you really want to experience lifelong virginity

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Attached: hi.jpg (4160x3120, 1.47M)

I just ordered this.
for $150....
it seems that the last good peripherals logitech has made are the g700(s) and the g19(s)

Attached: mechanicalcucks.jpg (1500x854, 168K)

suggest me an inexpensive, simple and extremely durable kb?

Pick anything from the E-waste basket at your nearest university.