Why is this city so fucking full of "recruiters" who are either fresh out of school or somehow got the job after...

Why is this city so fucking full of "recruiters" who are either fresh out of school or somehow got the job after working in a non-HR related field? Seriously, how the fuck can anyone find stable work when literally everyone and anyone can pitch you jobs that may not even exist?

Also general tech hiring thread I guess.

Attached: 800px-Space_Needle_2011-07-04.jpg (800x1577, 198K)

Example of idiot:
> tech recruiter for XYZ consulting agency
> previous job was managing a burger king
> only been at the company for a few months
> company has only existed since 2017 but somehow has "thousands of happy clients"
> guy totally ghosts you if you answer his unsolicited email/LinkedIn message

>Seattle

Attached: 86BD7663-1149-4C74-AB99-60EB34CE39DD.jpg (600x315, 27K)

How do I find a job with non-CS related work experience? I've my degree, but I've only been doing freelance painting as a means of making money

The entire west coast is a meme at this point.

There are so many recruiters because there are so many new companies that need people. As you could imagine, most of these companies have no product and a dubious business plan but they have money because if you are related to tech then you can get an investor.

You can get a recruitment job straight out of school because the job in essence is just following the market and annoying people on LinkedIn. Once you have found out the person isn't crazy, then it's the company's job to do the proper interviewing.

Should've done internships and tech sidejobs while studying. Im not done (have 1+ year to go) and
have 2 years of experience as a junior dev, either be it through an internship or sidejobs.

You can still start, just lower your standards.

I mean, I technically interned at a local robotics engineering company and built their website, but that was for a class grade. I didn't get paid for it, but then again, most internships are unpaid aren't they?

Sounds like resume material to me.

How do they recruit recruiters?

>most of these companies have no product and a dubious business plan but they have money
Dot Com days are here again?

and who is recruiting the recruit-recruiters?

It's long overdue. The NADSAQ has been going crazy for years now.

I thought that whole mess with Theranos and Facebook would be the start of the end, but the scam lives on.

Reading some of the job descriptions for jobs in start ups is like reading an alphabet soup of buzzwords and 'visionary' ideas with no real understanding of how to get there or sell the product.

You don't have to turn yourself into voluntary slave to some "tech startup" filled with tree huggers and fat femenazis simply to gain "experience". Plenty of non-Jow Forums companies that needed CS people, like hotel chain, malls, et cetera

My first real job was as data entry "exec" at Target, right after the customers data leak scandal and they needed an actual competent people for the job and even then I mostly deal with stuff like excel, access and mysql. Still, I took the opportunity to get as many technical cert as I can like MOS master, oracle cert and even CCDP, all of them were either sponsored or heavily subsidized by the company.

I now work at southwest airlines, dealing with online ticketing system and whatnot

It's recruiters all the way down

god i love living in Seattle. it is literally utopia for intellectuals

Apply at cerner, they'll hire anyone with a pulse

this

>guy totally ghosts you if you answer his unsolicited email/LinkedIn message
You aren't really this stupid, are you? These guys send out automated emails to potential talent. If someone responds, they take a look. If they don't like what they see, they pretend you don't exist. Clearly pajeet didn't like your resume.

>"You can still start, just lower your standards."
>company puts me on 1099 and has me work 90 hours a week because they can
Nah, I'm good with my labor laws and benefits packages.

I'd be okay with it as long as they were cutting a paycheck on a W2 (you know, like the IRS/Dept. of Labor says), not this 1099 micro-gig economy bullshit.

>inb4 you're still getting paid either way tho
W-2 workers have a 7.5% FICA tax. 1099 workers have a 15% FICA tax.

The 7.5% rate of W2 is half the 1099 rate, with your employer paying the other half plus state labor premiums (unemployment insurance mostly).

TL;DR: 1099 means that you're paying your boss's business taxes. Fuck that noise.

It really is a utopia as long as you remain chill about it. As in, don't yell in someone's face about your political views just because that person has different opinions.

Go check out the philosophy meetup and the puget sound python group sometime. Super chill people there.

I unironically plan on moving there work for once I graduate. Assuming the rent doesn't get too bad.

Attached: 1520520003975.png (500x775, 416K)

Even though Seattle has fuck high rent, the surrounding areas aren't too bad yet. Renton, Mukilteo, and Des Moines are all good options.