Why can't most all in one modems/routers be shut down?

Why can't most all in one modems/routers be shut down?
Why is flipping the switch or pulling the plug the only option?

Attached: It's now safe to turn off your computer.png (505x244, 27K)

Botnet.

Attached: de2a7a0540553ad7b1b7dc4c58ccfcdc8e3da76cb5e473efe8eaa9bfd6bcb4b0.png (1234x189, 3K)

It's even like that for business and enterprise grade rack mounted routers and switches. The closest you can get to shut down is reloading, but it never actually powers down at any point.

Attached: 1532585640427.png (817x443, 34K)

I don't know, but I'm sure there's some sinister motive behind it.

idk but cold reboot/shutdown is superior anyway

Pfsense doesn't have this problem

pf will crash, though

Because there will be a bug that causes it to shutdown or some moron will shut it off by accident. No off mode saves everyone time and it what most people need anyway.

Do you mean soft-off? Why would you even want that?

There are no hard disks, so there is literally no reason to have power off from software. Flipping the switch does the same.

What are you talking about? Literally never crashed on me and I've used it for years.

Used it for a few weeks, then it crashed without warning, letting everything through. What else would I be talking about?
pf a shit.
iptables > pf

There's no reason to shut them off while there's a restart button.

Can't you get data corruption that way?
Especially if you have NAS connected.

People use pfsense in professional environments and dont have this problem. Sounds like the problem is with you.

>I never experienced instabilities, therefore there are none

pf a shit

>I'm retard and blame my incompetency on the software even though others don't have the same issue as me.

pfSense is unironically better than iptables. Better support too.

sure buddy, believe what you want.

no lol, data can only get corrupted if you have a storage medium
i suppose it's different with nas

What data is there to be corrupted? The only thing rewriteable there is your configuration, even then it's not something that's being modified often. Everything else is read-only