The only alternative to Windows/Apple

The only alternative to Windows/Apple

Attached: openbsd-wifi.png (850x550, 273K)

OpenBSD is a meme
>Filesystem
default FS doesn't even support SSD TRIM, and I don't think OpenBSD supports anything modern like ZFS or BTRFS.
>Security
"Only two remote holes in the default install!!!!!!!"
Yay!
I hope you realize that this literally only applies to a base system install with absolutely no packages added. In other words, not exactly representative or meaningful towards... anything really
>Sustainability
A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down because they couldn't keep the fucking lights on. How could anyone see this as a system they could rely on, when it could be in danger of ending at any time?
>Standards-compliance
"B-But OpenBSD is written in strictly standards-compliant C! Clearly that's better than muh GNU virus!"
So you're not allowed to create extensions to the standard? You should only implement the standard and nothing more? Keep in mind that this is nothing like EEE, as the GNU extensions are Free Software, with freely available source code, as opposed to proprietary shite. People should be allowed to innovate and improve things.
If you're gonna be anal about standards-compliance, then why let people make their own implementations anyway? Why not have the standards organizations make one C implementation and force everyone to use it?

Attached: thicc.jpg (442x293, 28K)

The worst pajeet pasta

Innaccurate garbage.

This pasta was posted 69+ times in April and May

Yeah, I'm well aware. Any thread about anything BSD pretty much.
And it's clear they've never used OpenBSD, no idea why the vendetta.

It's not even funny posting this at this point.

Yeah, it's great if you want to listen to music, browse the internet, edit text documents and run a html web server on a early 2010s desktop computer.

>no idea why the vendetta.
Linux Foundation must keep paying big salaries to their CEOs and fellow researchers

what about Linux, Android (soon with Fuchsia hopefully), Solaris, OpenIndiana, FreeBSD or NetBSD?

Attached: openbsd-audit-my-ass.png (1111x36, 11K)

Apr 14, 2001

the claims of auditing and security are still utter joke, any time some external researcher digs into it there are dozens of security flags

best bet is TrueOS, NetBSD or Alpine

Fucking based

>Alpine
sadly, for how much it's used in docker they lack enough developers

FreeBSD works a lot better for a desktop system. Proprietary nVidia drivers, linux compatability layer, proper SMP support, easier to understand documentation

>botnet compatibility twice
>better

Yeah if you just want a terminal then you're fine sticking with OpenBSD.

what about TrueOS or Alpine? it has botnet without feminism

TrueOS has terrible performance for whatever reason. I've never used Alpine. Some retarded code of conduct doesn't affect you, they're all retarded when it comes down to it, and 99% of people you have to deal with are retarded anyways, code or conduct or not.

>linux

Attached: 1529392307336.gif (1336x1358, 2.34M)

Alpine is a linux distribution? Yeah no no thank you

Nice shitpost. You showed me wrong.

I appreciate your honesty

>You showed me wrong
>wasn't even (You)ing you

It sucks compared to gnu linux.

>gnoo
Go away, moron.

samefag && copypasta

*BSD for me is like Windows Phone, great OS but without software without software what i need, there is no reason to use this.

Developers, developers, developers, developers?

>TrueOS
>NetBSD
Both of those consistently have more bugs than OpenBSD, and NetBSD doesn't even boot on some machines anymore.