What's the last OS you installed Jow Forums?

What's the last OS you installed Jow Forums?

Attached: 99a6ac11.jpg (492x352, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mTMFL3JNUE0
ubuntu-mate.org/download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Win10 after realising linux is not a proper desktop os.

Void Linux after I bought a new nvme SSD for my laptop.

this pic is wrong. It should be a black guy

If it was a black guy then she would be covered in bruises

Jow Forumsentoo on all the things. There's no point using any other OS in 2018.

all you need is sway my dude

Windows 7 home premium sp1

>There's no point using any other OS in 2018.
How about having fast init system or latest TexLive?

Either ReactOS or Windows 8

Kali linux in a vm
fedora on my ssd

Haiku

xbuntu.... is always xbuntu... 5-6 times... xbuntu

Windows 10, but I'm never happy with this. I keep switching OSes all the fucking time. I expect this weekend to move back to 7 or 8.1.

Debian 9.5.0 with XFCE, before realising that I could completely remove the taskbar by accident and not add it back again, not the way it was anyway.

Then I also discovered that sudo isn't part of the OS by default, and that the GUI was designed by someone who probably doesn't speak English as their first language.

Are you indian or something, or are you just blind? It's Xubuntu

Manjaro-ARM

Gentoo defaults to OpenRc and also supports systemd. What init system are you using that's faster than these two? Is it some BSD or macOS thing?

OS X 10.4 on a G5

>What init system are you using that's faster than these two?
Runit.
Also, almost anything is faster than OpenRC.

Xubuntu

Xubuntu when I couldn’t stand having known spyware on my PC any longer

Gentoo.

You're right. Linux by itself is not a proper desktop OS; you need to install the GNU userland as well.

OpenRC is fast enough, especially with its experimental parallelism. Runit is also in the Gentoo overlay though (can't say I've tried it but I can't imagine it'd be that difficult to replace OpenRC with it).

Does Ubuntu not get the latest TexLive if you install from their website? If so, damn.

Ubuntu very rarely gets the latest anything (unless you're using separate PPA's, snaps or the development version of Ubuntu)

OpenSUSE.

>OpenRC is fast enough
No, it's pretty slow.
>especially with its experimental parallelism.
Its been experimental for as long as I can remember and probably will always be. From old personal experience, it may result in even slower boot up times.
>Runitlso in the Gentoo overlay though
And it can't be properly used as an initial system. You can check the wiki yourself if you want, but basically even bash starts to spew errors on login with runit as an initial system in Gentoo. Not to mention that it doesn't ship any scripts besides the agetty.
> (can't say I've tried it but I can't imagine it'd be that difficult to replace OpenRC with it).
Imagine.

What does Ubuntu have to do with any of this?

> Imagine.

Is that a challenge? I really don't think it'd be that difficult to setup a Gentoo system with Runit if you wanted to. The hardest part would be updating all of the init scripts which would necessitate forking every ebuild to include the new scripts (which you could likely steal from Void). You could probably even setup a third-party overlay to make all of this easy to use.

Windows 7.

Attached: 7.png (537x534, 95K)

Mint in my old single core PC.

>use gnu
>can’t adjust scrolling speed in gui

Trash!

Void to embrace the non-systemd meme

I reinstalled Arch on my main PC last night. I'd used XFCE4 at one time and it left a lot of buggy artifacts and broke a few things on the way out. Last time I use a DE.

Fresh install of vSphere, then I threw a DC on there (running Server 2016) and an Ubuntu web server. Currently working on throwing a proxy server onto it as well.

Windows 98

Windows 10 for my sisters boyfriend

It's a blackguy. Source: I have a BLACKED.com premium membership

>blackguy on Jow Forums
Give it back Jamal.

I never said I'm a black guy.

>not using linux from scratch

W10 and macOS. Decided to format my SSD and reinstall macOS with extra partitions in case I wanted to dual boot later, but then I decided to try vidya again after a long break so I installed w10. So far, no regrets.

kubuntu

Just earlier to day I installed arch on a desktop.

TrueOS

Attached: linux.png (460x406, 16K)

Linux

Dumb nigger cuck posting newfag kill your fucking self.

Attached: ff.jpg (1080x1349, 121K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mTMFL3JNUE0

Not clicking whatever it is.

Attached: ff0.jpg (640x640, 124K)

get 4chanX and you'd know it's JewTube

I know its jewtube I just didn't want to give an unknown video a view.

I hope its little girls oingo boingo

Openbsd

sway allows for gaps? Does compton work as well? I use compton for blur effects on rofi and when i lock the screens.

Best OS I've installed so far. simple and secure

Antergos

homOSeX on pic related

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 9.40.32 PM.png (1002x996, 201K)

Antergos and i'm staying

Gentoo

Antergos. Been my daily driver for about 4 years.

You're a fucking idiot.

Gentoo. I swith to it from Arch, best decision ever. It's faster, more stable and it has the best package manager. I love Arch, but Gentoo is better.

Manjaro 17.1.11

Yet another copy of Windows 10. I don't know why I put it on an ancient 40GB hard drive when I have a stack of newer 500GB, but I just needed it to test some hardware I have.

The OS before that one was Linux, though. I factory reset my phone.

Attached: speccy.png (3289x1053, 324K)

> Thinking sudo is a Linux built in or some shit

I bet you think Linux ships with firefox

> Using a mouse

kde neon git unstable replacing ubuntu mate 18.04, it was lighter weight and had better and more features

Both suck.
Nice bait m8.

stable...
but interwebz sucks.
gaming ext ltd...
Great for a dumb terminal or jukebox...
I own one and love it DESPITE handicaps in 2018 era relevance.

xubuntu

Attached: 15331351057981.jpg (492x306, 24K)

Solus, just over a year ago I really felt that it was not MY PC anymore with Windows on it. It clearly did not listen to me, MS decides first and foremost what it does.

As someone that was one PCs since the 90s, unstable but at least in control, I could no longer stand it. It felt bad

sway is not usable

>I have a BLACKED.com premium membership

arch last monday night. did an encrypted install for the first time w/cryptsetup. give me headpats.

Attached: 3281141827_9b9849db64_o.jpg (447x600, 42K)

My favorite BSD, so comfy.

Antergos on my laptop for school.

lotta antfags here tonight.

what, did mommy never teach you how to install an os?

kidding, kidding.

Attached: fucking_unix_wizardry.jpg (736x1094, 114K)

my niggas

Attached: 1478229642053.jpg (420x420, 51K)

>put on disc
>click few times and select few options
>installing

ubuntu-mate.org/download/

what's the appeal with antergos? I used it literally once and went back to debian because I couldn't get anything to work. Then I finally sucked it up and installed arch, which worked perfectly. I mean, it was a friday wasted, but hey.

He cute

The appeal is it's Arch with easy-mode installation. I haven't had a problem with either Arch or Antergos so idk. Though my Antergos machine is mostly just a web browser and a compiler for school, but I still like it.

yeah but once you do an arch install once you never forget. why not just do that in a vm for practice? then keep messing around with that until you're comfortable?

I've installed it plenty of times, and I'm using it right now. Sometimes I just want something in 2 minutes instead of 15.

Once you go Gentoo you never go back

>openrc
>slow
Only if you bloat it. Mine is fast as fuck, much better than systemd and the proprietary ones

Windows 8.1

Attached: boomer9.jpg (633x640, 87K)

manjaro openbox edition... on a VM on top of windows :^)

Falling for the bait

I last installed Void GNU/Linux

It's wayland, not x. Compositing is built in. Compton bot needed.