It's no fair b-bros...

It's no fair b-bros... t-they are dropping support for older hardware and make it more intensive because of their stupid switch to LXQt.
*sniff*
lubuntu.me/taking-a-new-direction/
betanews.com/2018/07/30/ubuntu-linux-lubuntu-old-lxqt/

How i'm going to use my Pentium 4 2.6ghz 384mb ddr ram and S3 Virge DX with 18.10?
It's probably going to fail to load the DE because of my card, or even crash because of the higher ram requirements. S-shit, their only response is "loool use puppy linux" even though that thing is barely usable.

How will i get over this? is Xubuntu any better?

Attached: lubuntu wojak.png (710x838, 369K)

just use OpenBox based distro, or install in yourself.

you're not forced to update

get a job and buy better hardware nigger

s3 virge dx? I have it on my pentium 1 machine, but for pentium 4 you would probably have an fx5200

Attached: uspaskis.jpg (646x340, 61K)

Install ubuntu server and then install openbox + tint2.

It will start shitting the bed in 2021.
The motherboard lacks an integrated GPU. That's the only option i have.
I'm too much of a brainlet to use this. What is openbox?

Attached: 2018-08-01-111746_1152x864_scrot.png (1152x864, 375K)

install gentoo then

LXDE is built on top of Openbox, that should tell you enough.

Use debian with whateverDE you retard
Or kys before september.

>What is openbox?
the lightest desktop environment which is an actual floating window manager, not a complete nerd meme wm.

LXLE or you can use Ubuntu+Openbox like I'm planning to.

>more intensive
If your computer has trouble running the new environment, then your computer would be useless anyway. In that case you wouldn't be able to even browse the modern web normally, regardless of your desktop environment. Desktop environments barely affect anything. It's the programs themselves that you want to run. All of the are going to run the same, regardless of your environment.

LXQt isn't that much heavier than LXDE, and LXDE already ran badly on a P4 with 384 MB of RAM
Run antiX or use lightweight stuff on Devuan, otherwise Gentoo with distcc and lightweight stuff
Openbox isn't a DE, it's just a WM, a usable one without any configuration

Just fucking install debian + openbox retard.
Better yet use windowmaker

In the future they're not focusing EXCLUSIVELY on old hardware because 10 year old stuff can already run any distro you'd like, per their words

That's absolutely retarded reasoning.
P4s still make fantastic servers, web hosts etc etc
That being said, derivative distros are cancer anyway, just fucking install debian

>P4s still make fantastic servers, web hosts etc etc
Don't forget free heating

>ubuntu for people who can't configure ubuntu or debian either and still wants to use their x86 or powerpc
>go fuck yourself, we are KDE lite now

/v/irgin here, what are you guys even fucking doing!?

>all these retards talking about switching to openbox
You realize that LXDE isn't going to cease to exist, right? You can still use it if you want. Why are you all such brainlets?

>logout
>select openbox
>login
/thread

>LXDE is built on top of Openbox

>openbox is the lightest desktop environment

>reinstalling instead of
riiiight