What do you think of this rig? I need it to be a solid workstation for rendering/video editing/compiling...

What do you think of this rig? I need it to be a solid workstation for rendering/video editing/compiling, and maybe just a little bit of gaming.

Attached: 2018-08-01-172021_562x427_scrot.png (252x120, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-gaming-celebration-gamescom-2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get 2 ram sticks for dualchannel, and replace that shit psu. dont forget your ssd

I don't see a ssd
>>>/pcbg/

Shit psu and missing SSD are for budget reasons. Also, I don't need it to be super fast, so I thought I could sacrifice dual channel for a free slot in case of future upgrading.

Well I wonder how your budget is gonna feel when your shit psu kills every single component of your build.
Also that fucking board has 4 slots, why the fuck do you even hesitate about getting 2x8 kit?

PSUs are cheap and they're the first thing people skimp out on. They don't feel so smart after the cheap PSU they bought fucks every component in their computer lol.

Ok, you convinced me, haha. Anything else I should change? Maybe I should wait for a new cpu or something?

:^(

desu I'd get the 2700x for that XFR and other crap that makes it overclock automatically, but if you are on a budget then it's no big deal I guess.

>gaming
Intel

No, just a very little, tiny, small, minuscule tidbit of gaming, moreover with old games and not more than 1080p. It's mainly a working/productivity rig, so Intel can eat my ass anyway.

RAM needs 2 sticks, if you are planning using it as workstation, you also can get slower DR memory for money savings.

>seagate
not even once

Attached: 1456674187225.jpg (508x605, 75K)

>intlel

Get 2x8gb ram
>my mobo has only two slots
Get one with 4
Get a hitachi HDD instead of reeegate.

Don’t skimp on the PSU ever. Seasonic or bust. Cut costs elsewhere

Ok, so you both suggest something else than seagate. A Hitachi Ultrastar with 2TB storage, 6GB/s transfer speed is even cheaper than the equivalent Barracuda, noice. Is WD an option? Do you all agree that I should go with Hitachi instead of Seagate?

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-gaming-celebration-gamescom-2018/

Wait for Nvidia Turing, August 20th Gamescom

Yup, already got it. Hopefully I'll be able to stretch my budget a little further ;)

Replace with a cheaper mobo.

Get the 2700x instead

Get a dual channel memory kit. If possible get 3200mhz CL 14

Sounds interesting, what MoBo do you suggest?

I got a b350. Works fine. Like I don't even know what the difference is. Except it was half the cost.

So I can assume b450 are the same.

1. Get an SSD, 860 EVO comes to mind, SATA3.
If you want an even faster one, 960 EVO, M.2 slot.

2. B450 Tomahawk from MSI has solid VRMs, check Hardware Unboxed's video on it. I'd go for that + 2700X.

3. 2x8 GB of RAM is a MUST. Do NOT underestimate dual-channel in productivity especially.

4. Do NOT skimp on a PSU
Recommendations :
SuperNova G2 or G3, SuperFlower Leadex Gold (Same platform), Seasonic Focus Gold, Corsair RMx.... any of those would be fine, 550W is plenty for a system with one card and a non-HEDT CPU. If you REALLY want you can go with 650W but you'll never pull more than 420 from the wall both components maxed I can guarantee you that.

5. Seagate has criminal failure rates, get WD, Toshiba was good IIRC. I always go WD.

2700X
B450 Tomahawk
2x8 16GB 3000MHz compatible RAM
Focus Gold at 550W
860 EVO

That would be a great machine

OP back. Thank you! This seems quite a good build, I'm doing some math to see if it's still affordable, but it seems it's going to be perfect. Moreover, if you're sure 550W will suffice, it's going to be even more power efficient :D

OP is some retarded YouTuber or something probably

Um, nope... I'm more of a tech guy with a thing for cinematography (and filmmaking, that's what the video editing is for), vfx and general 3d modelling (that's what the rendering is for), and I'm also an hardcore linux user, planning to start working on my first LFS (that's what the compiling is for). Then, only at the end of the day, I wouldn't mind a little bit of Fallout, that's all.
What makes me "some retarded YouTuber or something probably"?

Fuck off nigger.

Hey, as long as we're talking about video editing... I'm trying to edit 4k and 60 fps footage in adobe premiere on a PC I built and it's constantly slowing down or crashing or just having weird issues. Do I need to upgrade my hardware to get the performance I want?

I'm working with:
Windows 10 home edition
64 bit operating systen, x64 based processor
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770k cpu @3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Ram: 16 gb DDR3, 1600 MHz, 2 of 4 slots used, DIMM form factor, 47.1 mb hardware reserved
Hard drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Motherboard: P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt