What do you use as a manga reader?

What do you use as a manga reader?

Attached: 1510563817843.jpg (784x1045, 99K)

>>>/kindrgerden/

Used my Nexus 7 for 6 years, but it slowly started to crash more and more often. I got the Lenovo Tab 3 8 to replace it and i use Tachiyomi

My Galaxy S5 w/ Tachiyomi

What do you think of using a modded Kindle?

Attached: 1531448452218.png (706x940, 1.02M)

I tried using my kindle but it wasn't great.
I had to convert them to kindle format and even then there's a problem with contrast with some manga.
Made in Abyss looked abysmal. Pun intended.

Attached: 1530599954447.png (2102x3000, 3.41M)

There's a jap exclusive Kindle for manga. Don't know if it's a major improvement compared to the regular model

Ipad mini 4

My tablet X61.
The screen is so old and dim it looks like e-ink lel.

Uh?

Ipad air 2. 10 inches, plenty of places to find manga, plenty of apps that let you download ahead of time. Battery isn't an issue since all it's doing is displaying pictures. Obviously it doesn't compare in battery life to an ebook reader, but I don't make frequent trips to Africa so I'm never unable to charge it.

What's the aspect ratio for reading manga? 16:9 on phone is too tall, I asume on newer phones with 18:9 it's much worse

What do you recommend for reading manga? I want something cheap.

i just read it on my tv
haven't enjoyed my experience with them on e-ink, maybe it's the font size inconsistencies that sometimes makes me want to zoom, and then the sluggish response

no, just a different screen size

just buy the book lol

Cringe.

It has the same screen size, but 32GB instead of 4GB storage. Also has faster fast page skip shit.

Would it be plausible to make a kindle auto-sync ongoing manga with my home server over wifi?

i use pocketbook but it's pretty difficult to read stuff in small print.

fag

this crazy thing made of wood pulp it's called paper

I use an ipad. It's honestly an awful device for anything but reading manga, even torrenting anime is contrived and retarded. I wonder how people live with iOS as their main operating system.

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4. haven't read too much on it but I wanted something slightly bigger than the Kindle HD 7 from idk 2012.

amazed how fast this thing is. easily on highend smartphone level

Attached: 20180801_2114322.jpg (3024x4032, 3.89M)

Ipad 4 (from 2012 I think). I use ubooquity to download the comics from my PC and read them in chunky.
The ubooquity web interface lets me browse all of my manga by cover art, but actually reading them through the web interface sucks. Chunky has a great interface for browsing by cover art and reading but my ipad is only 16GB so it just can't fit very many. So I have to load and delete manga pretty frequently in chunky.
I tried using my old nook simple touch, but the screen is too small and it's slow as hell.
I wish there was a better way.

S7, also Tachiyomi. 1440p AMOLED is fantastic.

my desktop

tab s 10.5

aren't we all?

Attached: 1529660186342.jpg (622x647, 75K)

nichijou is the only manga I've finished read because the anime ended at season 2 and I wanted to find out who has the key. All started from twitch copy pasta Onodera vs Chitoge, good memories. I use redmi note 5 with tall screen 18:9 5.99 inch with tachiyomi. Planning to buy tablet and kindle now based on pic around here.
yo user, is Made in Abyss manga finished? I hate to wait every few months like Dungeon Seeker lol.

>is Made in Abyss manga finished
Nope. Enjoy the wait.

Kindle

there's only 47 chapter latest. It's on tachiyomi.

MangaAOn only Android.

literally paying to not have a color screen is insanity.

YACReader

Attached: 2018-08-01 22_59_44.png (2560x1440, 2.92M)

Kobo Aura One
The page turns are pretty slow because of the 7.8 inch screen but it has a warm backlight filter and supports cbz files

Attached: 1479507026011.png (600x600, 305K)

Manga hurts my eyes because it's black and white. I only watch the anime.

underage detected

based vinland saga

most manga is grayscale so you wouldn't lose much

>no color in most manga
lol, you must be the underage.

I used it for a while, but i use my tablet for way more than just reading so it's easier to just have it all on one device and i don't have to constantly add new files

Modded Kindle works great for me, though you don't absolutely have to jailbreak it. I just make cbz archives and copy them with Calibre. Don't do any conversion.

Regardless of age he's not wrong, most manga does not have color.

The fuck is a magnar?

indonesian cartoons

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD EPUB FORMAT MANGA??????

Nexus7 gen2 Masterrace Reporting

it's pure shit for reading manga, enjoy text at 8px on single pages and and literally unreadable spreads
of course, I mean this for translated text, no experience on moon
>t. modded paperwhite 3 owner who went back to reading manga on pc

no shit, but il be fucking damned if i dont get to see full page spreads of shit in color, my favorite hmanga authors do this frequently. it is autism to buy an old shitty technology that has many issues besides no color.

yeah, actually alot of authors do full color shit at least once in their works, id want to be able to see those too, even if they are only once per chapter, etc.

Cheap chink 10 american centimeters tablet. It would be the best if it was lighter, but it's still the most comfortable for me. I never understood getting eink since you would miss out on colored pages. Before you interject, I know there's color eink now, but if I remember correctly, it's still expensive.

>using tablets less than 9inches
Just why, 7in tablets are way too small. I don't know how you faggots do it.

My old droid turbo 2

Attached: Manga-Mango on tablet.jpg (2560x1440, 786K)

Get glasses, jiijii

Chinese Jumper 2-1 tablet.

I have one of my monitors vertical.

I unironically still use the nook that I've had since I bought it in 2011.

Really wish ereaders would improve. DPI and backlights are the only features they've come out with. I thought by now we'd have color ereaders that played videos at 30fps.

Attached: ereader.jpg (474x587, 32K)

What manga is that?

ubunchu

file name

Attached: paperwhite.jpg (933x700, 90K)

get koreader my negro

instant page flips, and it's as easy as throwing a couple of files on it
7.8 inch screen is comfy af

My Kobo H2O entered an infinite loop a year ago, it has been in a box since then.

made a webbum (though I suck at it).
I mainly use it for PDF books, but manga works really well, with auto cropping and contrast settings.
Used a beefy 250mb~ volume, it took about 3-5 seconds to flip a page on the stock reader.

[spoiler]>inb4 wan pees[/spoiler]

Attached: auraone.webm (720x406, 2.49M)

the manga

>wan piss

I'd post something better but I delete anything I'm done with, 8gb is a little restrictive for anything other than text format books.

I don't read manga because I am not a faggot

The computer and a vertical IPA monitor

You can often find stuff in PDF or CBZ format online, whether through batches, or by using some manga downloader to rip and compile from sites like mangadex.
Then just convert with calibre.
epub is a very unpopular format for manga online.

I can't read comfortably on neither LCD nor OLED without straining my eyes. Readers are a comfy alternative, and if you really want to see a color spread just load it up on your pc, it's already there anyway.

I'm proud of you user.

>not continuous scroll on an ipad

MANGA

5.5 inch oneplus 3t using tachiyomi, kinda small for reading anyways

I use a first gen MacBook in 9:16. Nice size screen. I like how I can use it while sitting, or stand it up on its side

Cbz is the only reasonable format anyway

You look like a boomer why the fuck are you reading cartoon vignettes

Attached: images(2).jpg (225x225, 7K)

any software recommendations for reading manga on a windows 10 tablet?

Honeyview 2 page mode.

Kindle Comic Converter works much better than Calibre. Sometimes I have to use an ImageMagick script to crop the borders, tho.

I don't read.

Horizontal scroll is the only way. More zoom = more better.

Attached: hentai futago.jpg (3036x1761, 899K)

What site can I download mangas and comics on?

Attached: 1533159928575.jpg (544x398, 67K)

anime faggots should all be concentrated in camps and castrated.

it just have more storage, 32gb if I remember

Attached: How do communities work.png (800x2810, 580K)

Tachiyomi on Fdroid

these hand masturbate a lot

man i miss nisekoi.

Attached: what the fuck am I reading - Fubuki.jpg (818x783, 178K)

whew, good thing this thread is about manga not anime!

I can't stand manga, I feel like I'm reading a children's book. Only manga that was done amazingly was that one 80's atmospheric cyberpunk manga with beautiful full page illustrations. I can't remember the name.

Adult maturity. (i.e. I don't read fucking man(child)ga)

cant i just enjoy some form of love story, even if its shitty?

I'm an adult so I don't read manga.

8 inch windows tablet
still didnt found perfect reader though.

It's ok user, I'm not one to judge. I just had to give it a (You).

Using a Trekstor e-ink reader, personally prefer this before Kindles since it has big physical buttons to flip pages with on both sides, great file format support and has expandable storage

Used to read a lot of stuff on my phone, but even though it's 5,8" big it's a somewhat struggle. This 7" reader is much more comfortable, and has e-ink.

Attached: reader.jpg (1500x2000, 242K)