Nobody knows what generics are for

>Nobody knows what generics are for.

Attached: 1527507901738.jpg (1024x683, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/yegor256/eo/issues/1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._Richard_Hipp
old.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/5penft/parallelizing_enjarify_in_go_and_rust/
youtu.be/k9Zbuuo51go
twitter.com/AnonBabble

really? it's crucial when you need to apply the same function on one of many types that will only be known at runtime, serialization/deserialization over network is a known usecase

Learn ASP.NET.

generics are harmful

to continue, I needed generics when I was using Go for some problem, I ended up dealing with their reflection bullshit and I had to write like 200 lines of codes for something that can be done automatically using generics, this is fucking disgusting

This, no other framework makes more intelligent use of generics than ASP.NET.

poor rob

Attached: 1532983842974.jpg (1500x1210, 425K)

from this statement it seems like go has generics

this
C# is the comfiest

Attached: 1514678377907.jpg (730x398, 57K)

really? tell me how to deserialize []byte to a Type out of 40-50 available types that will only be determined only in runtime depending on a value in the first byte of the buffer

Attached: 1504154320752.png (714x644, 475K)

reflection and dynamic dispatch on interfaces

Well, they're usually a lot cheaper than the name brand.

I do

that's what I said you idiot in this is bullshit esepcially when you have many types (i.e. tens of types) when it can be done automatically in almost all modern languages

>that will only be known at runtime
not necessarily true, in fact that's sort of the opposite of the truth for proper generics

Attached: 1489102104212s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

"How do I generics in Go?"

Do you need generics?
|
|- Yes
| |
| |- No, you don't. Put C-style macros in your code, and use `tcc -E` to process them in the Makefile.
|
|- Not really
|
|- There we go!

c++

>just use other shit to make this shit work
great language definitely not a meme.

yea you IDIOT

>I want one software to do preprocessing, compiling, linking, running, debugging, version control, publishing, web browsing and bootloading at the same time.

Attached: nu-male brainlet.jpg (700x734, 107K)

github.com/yegor256/eo/issues/1

t. low IQ NEET

>no you don't
>by the way here's a way to halfass it by using a compiler for another language, just so I cover all bases so you can't respond to this without being open to ridicule from fags like

>is too stupid to think of using an external preprocessor to bring features to Go
>is shown how simple it was
>immediate ass devastation and damage control

Attached: uma nigger.jpg (369x349, 30K)

The target demographic for go has to be kept in mind

Attached: cs(((grad))).jpg (375x250, 35K)

go babies will defend this

Attached: 1517003670293.jpg (1024x683, 253K)

>people who adhere to the Unix philosophy and have the cognitive abilities allowing them not to be total shit at problem solving
Looks like they're cool guys.

Attached: fuckup think.gif (256x256, 458K)

t.archaic embedded progarammer.

>the unix philosophy means making a language with no generics then expecting people to nigger-rig it into the language like Stroustrup

You may think this, but you're wrong. The reason Go doesn't have generics is not out of some adherence to the "unix philosophy". The reason Go doesn't have generics is because Go was designed to be used by retards who get confused by generics. Rob Pike himself admitted this:

To clarify: Learn ASP.NET core. It makes webdev actually bearable. Just the other day I wrote a single abstract class task runner library that takes any type and provides safe threaded queue execution. The type it takes is generic, so you can do anything with the queued value when it's up to bat. Reusable as fuck.

C# is great.

>making a simple language isn't Unix
Tell me more about freshman.

Attached: lollipop.jpg (200x200, 14K)

>The designer of Git says that the unix philosophy is to have lots of small tools that collaborate to get the job done. The designer of Fossil says that the unix philosophy is "it just works". Both individuals have written their DVCSes to reflect their own view of the "unix philosophy".

Reminder that Dr. Richard Hipp's software has more deployments around the world than any other piece of software ever written.

The "unix philosophy" was not the motivation for leaving out generics. The motivation was Google's desire to onboard subpar programmers from third world countries faster. It's difficult to teach Pajeets generics, so generics were left out.

Go's guiding design principle was to be easier for pajeets than Java.

Who?

Creator of SQLite, which has more deployments than any other piece of software ever written, including windows, iOS, the linux kernel, etc. (And has better test coverage than any other piece of open source software ever written.)

By many measures the most successful software project ever.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._Richard_Hipp

Then why would ugly hacks like this exist?

old.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/5penft/parallelizing_enjarify_in_go_and_rust/

>making a simple language isn't Unix

Attached: bee.png (500x656, 81K)

The only real downside is asp.net core should have happened years ago.

>the unix philsophy is all about dumbing shit down so that corporations can hire bottom of the barrel shitskins with next to zero training.

I think about 15% of new hires are h1b, not sure about specific countries of origin though.

youtu.be/k9Zbuuo51go

I really hope this is some shitty Reddit joke and not actually true

see:

>tosmart.jpeg

this is the power of the unix philosophy you guys!!!!

Go babies need to seriously fuck off. It's not even funny anymore.

What's a "brilliant language"?

Compared to Go, any language with generics apparently.

By Rob Pike's own admission.

their h1b filings have gone through the roof. uncle sam is allowing them to hire up to 5,000 pajeets this year, and that only includes filings that have been already approved up to today. That's against the 55,000 or so total employees that actually work in the US. For it to be 15%, 2/3rds of their employees would have to be replaced this year. I think not.

Attached: worried.jpg (964x912, 56K)

Yeah Sqlite is perfect but fossil is such awkward shit

BASED Rob Pike

Attached: 1528139424004.jpg (600x640, 154K)

IT'S LITERALLY DESIGNED FOR BRAINLETS
I CAN'T BREATHE

Attached: d86.jpg (286x323, 37K)