Does Jow Forums like workstations? Looks like you get far more bang for your buck than with gayman PCs

Does Jow Forums like workstations? Looks like you get far more bang for your buck than with gayman PCs.

Attached: image.jpg (471x697, 174K)

too expensive

too cheap

This might be the dumbest thing posted. Building your own PC has been getting cheaper and cheaper relative to the experience, which is to say a nice gaming computer that plays the games of the day has gotten cheaper over time.

So why blow 200 on a workstation with outdated components and proprietary bullshit and limited space, when I can get a basic bitch gaming system that is upgradable for 800 USD?

Are you retarded? All the shit you buy to build your gayman “rig”is proprietary. Dumb fuck.

>this is the dumbest thing ever posted. Why buy a used computer for $200 when you can build your own for $800 that performs the same?

They are pretty nice after you rip out all the weird plastic shields. You can get cheap used ones and throw a modern GPU in them and have a top end gaming PC.

>top end gaming PC
With some old ass Xeons? That might be stretching the truth a bit.

Doesn't have to be that old to be cheap. You can get a Thinkcentre with an i7 3770 or i7 4770 on ebay for like $250. I've seen them go for $300 with 16gb of RAM and decently sized SSDs.

What's wrong with plastic shields?

Dell optiplex 790 SFF
I5 2500
8GB ram
Gtx 1050 2gb LP
1TB HDD

Total was roughly $350 USD

Attached: 20180724_230258.jpg (2048x1152, 658K)

Hows the cooling on the GPU.

You shouldn't have touched the inside of it. Now all the cable management is fucked.

>cable managemement

Video games are for onions faggots.

Old screen cap cause I'm on mobile and not home so specs are a but off. But its good.

Attached: specs.png (660x525, 41K)

It was shit before I opened it.

This
And there are anons here saying how can someone spend his freetime without playing gayms
baka

Yeah sure why not

>So why blow 200 on a workstation with outdated components and proprietary bullshit and limited space, when I can get a basic bitch gaming system that is upgradable for 800 USD?
>>>>>>limited space
>>implying they aren't upgradable

You realize it's literally the same fucking thing right? You can upgrade one of these computers in the exact same way you can upgrade your stupid gaymen computer that you paid a shitload more money on (inb4 "poorfag" even though my actual build costs a considerable amount more than the example given) It's objectively cheaper to go the route OP described, just fucking deal with it or go back to watching linussextips (who literally agrees with my sentiment too, because even HE isn't this fucking retarded) you 13yo reddit PCMR-tier faggot
>$0-$150 dell optiplex 755 or something, a precision would also be a good choice
>upgrade ram (optional, most ebay ones have a fair amount)
>upgrade gpu
>good gaymen pc for $250-$300 total that's still better than what a generic pcpartpicker build could get you for the *same price* [key word: SAME price, not 600 fucking dollars more like what you just described, because we are talking about what is the best possible *cheap* option]
Yes, you could spend more money on a custom build and have a better machine, but with a price point this low, finding a prebuilt (usually a workstation since they're the most versatile) and upgrading it is objectively the better option you god damn idiot

I do at least

Attached: drive.jpg (1080x1307, 158K)

Is it a good idea to buy a ThinkCentre, slap a GPU in it, and use that for gaymen?

>So why blow 200 on a workstation with outdated components and proprietary bullshit and limited space
you're the only person who said $200 faglord

they don't have RGB

>Dell optiplex
Not a workstation. Just a simple office pc

What are some cool workstation cases that I could put gaymen pc components in?

Your cooling is like little babby man.

Attached: Untitled.png (578x406, 23K)