Why doesn't any manufacturer ship Android with the bootloader unlocked and root available at the system level instead...

Why doesn't any manufacturer ship Android with the bootloader unlocked and root available at the system level instead of having to rely on a 3rd party app?

It would be like needing to download a hack so I can modify my Windows folder, makes no sense.

Attached: Bootloader-Unlock-Fastboot-1.jpg (1200x800, 109K)

Because 99.99% of Android users are normies and do not care.

motorola unlocked my bootloader.

And they will never use that feature, just have it under Developer options, for the rest of us, why do we have to jump through hoops?

Because normalfags would brick their phone and then complain.

Sounds easily exploitable, and then the normies will blame the manufacturer for not securing their devices enough when they make a mistake of opening apks with malware themselves.

In my Lenovo I just did
>adb reboot bootloader
>fastboot oem unlock

What doesn't make sense to me is how they get away with directly violating the GPL by locking Linux down and integrating it with proprietary software.

An unlocked bootloader is insecure as it allows anyone to flash custom recoveries. Smartphones try to fix the lack of security once physical access to the device is gained by locking the bootloader and only allowing it to be unlocked if at least the user unlocks the phone normally and allows bootloader unlocking in the dev options.

>having to rely on a 3rd party app
My Xiaomi Mi A1 doesn't have this problem.

Attached: thumb_85858_default_big.png (549x590, 292K)

Wrong. I'm posting from one. It's not rooted oob.

>rooted oob.
Who cares? The bootloader is unlockable via ADB. No shenanigans. Just like the gool old Nexus 4 or 5.

Samsung sell the international version of their phones with unlocked bootloader, only US carrier branded versions have a locked bootloader and you can't flash nothing on them except the stock rom.

So stop living in cuckmerica, the land of jewish tricks of you want more software freedom.

It's even more ugly than the redmi tho.

>Samsung
>freedom
Enjoy your knox ridden cancer

I like it. And it's very well biult for a cheap phone.

Should I root my pixel?

because the jews of the smartphone industry want to exploit the people as long as possible since smartphones are relatively new but i think there's coming a end to it since smartphones sales are decreasing rapidly and people are getting social media sick so soon i think smartphones will be like laptops and desktop pc's with open bios

on google devices it is just
>adb reboot-bootloader
>fastboot oem unlock
if you cant do that you are a normie and should not do it in the first place

Are there any known countermeasures for preventing this? Those could be marketed as a new security protocol easily. Hell, people believe proprietary iOS is a paragon of security.

it's a civil manner, if linus doesn't care nothing happens. And he doesn't care because google gives the linux foundation (him) money (it's stupidly cheap for google)

80% of users doesn't even know what settings app do

Attached: listen buddy.jpg (1024x768, 350K)

The only countermeasure is not to install third-party apps, so there isn't one. You can't fix stupidity.