NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080/1180 PCB has been leaked

videocardz.com/76953/nvidia-geforce-gtx-2080-1180-pcb-has-been-leaked

>The PCB of an upcoming NVIDIA car has been leaked by Baidu user. The photos present a new card that will sport either 8GB or 16GB of GDDR6 memory. The card has 10-phase VRM powered through 6+8pin power connectors (the 6-pin might be optional). For comparison, the GTX 1080 has only one 8-pin connector.

>This is not a custom board, as the board model and NVIDIA logo suggest that this is a reference PCB. The new SLI fingers might be an implementation of NVLink for gaming cards.

>The pinout for the GPU is rather small, so likely for the GV104 processor. The board number is PG180. The certification logos indicate that the board is final.

>KCC, ROHS, FCC, this is most likely the final production board?

Attached: NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-2080-1180-PCB-1.jpg (2000x979, 545K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-reinvents-the-workstation-with-real-time-ray-tracing
news.developer.nvidia.com/nvswitch-leveraging-nvlink-to-maximum-effect/
videocardz.com/76978/manli-teases-geforce-gtx-2080-and-geforce-gtx-2070
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-2080-1180-PCB-2.jpg (2000x983, 517K)

inb4 they only populate 4 of the 10 vrm phases

>literally the same pinout as current gp104
REBRAND INTENSIFIES

inb4 it consumes more power than the 10 phases can handle

Autism

Look at this housefire

>not using HBM
DOA

>2080
first time hearing this one

>NVLink for gaming cards
I doubt that. NVidia has been cracking down on using gaming cards in the data center. They can't charge extra for their data center cards if the gaming cards have the same features at a lower price.

I don't care about 12/14/16nm or GDDR old shit
I'll wait for 7nm and HBM3

HBM is a meme

t. amd fanboi

>HBM3
>I want a $2k gpu

what an absolute mess

Exactly what I'm thinking about, with nvlink there's almost no way this is a consumer card, I bet on the nearest event they'll just announce new quadros.

>DVI IS DEAD

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Hiuu 2 fan connectors so nvidia reference will have 2 fans now

Not much of a feat. My RX480 has no dvi ports and that was released 2-3 years ago.

ahahahahahahahahaha THIS SHIT WILL HAVE LESS CUDS CORES THAN THE 1080ti ahahah a new card slower than an old one , thank you based novidea

>They are using the 600 bucks bridge used in their ultra high end tesla and titan v shit.
wew lad.

HBM is not a meme. It is the future of ultra-high bandwidth applications.

The problem is that gayming hasn't been massive bandwidth-straved on modern GPUs for years. That's why the entire industry got by with GDDR5 for so long and only pushing for more extoic stuff on their high-end SKUs.

It is a testing prototype card.

The reference design is going be to 90% of that (PGA for the GPU, removal of testing fingers and streamlining power circuitry)

8 memory chips, 256-bit memory bus

>GDDR6
Isn’t HBM2 the next new thing?

Pic related was not the prototype

Attached: Next-Gen-NVIDIA-Graphics-Card-1600x900.jpg (1600x900, 352K)

?*

HBM is a meme for graphics cards.

"leaked"

>"leaked"

Attached: 1532760840235.gif (499x499, 45K)

NVIDIA CAR YOU SAY? FUCK YEAH

High bandwidth meme is a meme

god fucking dammit
is there a newer card than 980ti with dvi-i or vga output?
i want muh analog

No, Pascal is the last GPU microarchitecture with DVI-D support and Maxwell is the last GPU microarchitecture with DVI-I & analog support

>has nvlink bridge on it
>consumer board

sure buddy

AMPERE

Fuck this thing is going to be a monster isn't it.

Is it time to upgrade my 980ti?

NVLink is already banked into GPU microarchitecture, stop being a faggot

Attached: 48b06a65bff59213954000f176580575_XL.jpg (1200x766, 301K)

>I HAVE LESS PORTS

nice thank you apple

and who is gonna physically support it?
amd?
intel?
in which universe nvidia has a saying on the 2 dominant chipsets?
lol

Attached: nvlink-mid.jpg (500x281, 40K)

Are you fucking RETARDED?

NVLink works as GPU to GPU link, it doesn't need chipset support period

I have more ports, 2 HDMI and 3DP. Why would I want DVI or god forbid, VGA? Who buys a next gen card and uses it on a 2007 monitor?

IT NEEDS a physical interface on the board user

Attached: Zoom_Redpower_P210-1.jpg (752x480, 123K)

I'm so jealous of people who can look at a PCB and understand anything. Really cool knowledge to have and I'm too lazy to figure it out.

inb4 they use dubblers and dont annc anywhere resulting on literall housefires

>The problem is that gayming hasn't been massive bandwidth-straved on modern GPUs for years
That's builshit though. At resolutions above 1080p and especially at 4K, games are massively bandwidth-starved even on the cards with the widest buses on the market. Overclocking the memory brings bigger gains than overclocking the core on current cards at higher resolutions in many cases.

Cost is the single and only reason that Nvidia aren't using HBM2. It simply isn't worth it when only a fraction of their audience actually game at 4K. Their profit margin will be much bigger sticking with GDDR and sidestepping all the technical challenges and added costs associated with implementing HBM2 instead.

yeah anonymous I'm sure it's the laziness LOL

You mean stupid, I assume.

Oh, the stupidity too. But I could probably gain a surface level knowledge of the various components if I bothered to do the research.

I have a 980Ti and I can assure you that overclocking core gives me much more performance on 4K than overclocking memory.

if your front end is choking overclocking your core wont do jack shit because the massive textures will still be choking behind it

Hey faggot, Quadro GV100 only has PCIe slots and NVLINK WORKS as GPU to GPU link on Intel motherboards

FUCK OFF FAGGOT IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE THINGS LIKE THAT

Attached: [email protected] (860x920, 187K)

Textures in games have been stagnating since like 2013

I suppose you won't know until you try.

PCIe connector and NVLINK GPU to GPU link is confirmed to work by Nvidia themselves, but of course some non engineer faggot thinks he knows better than Nvidia

nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-reinvents-the-workstation-with-real-time-ray-tracing

>The Quadro GV100 GPU, with 32GB of memory, scalable to 64GB with multiple Quadro GPUs using NVIDIA NVLink™ interconnect technology, is the highest-performance platform available for these applications.

Attached: [email protected] (1220x920, 309K)

>2 fan connectors
I'm sure one is just a power source for the inevitable smattering of RGB LEDs.

>RGB
they only need green and a breathing effect

Its really weird how radio silent Nvidia is being about 11x0/20x0.
I'm bracing for disappointment (10 series refresh which it self was already a refresh of 9)

>muh hbm

GDDR6 can be faster than HBMeme 2 bunch of retarded

Attached: Screenshot_20180802-120610.jpg (1080x839, 225K)

i cant live on the same planet with someone that clearly dont know what he is talking about..

news.developer.nvidia.com/nvswitch-leveraging-nvlink-to-maximum-effect/

if you think nvidia will give the nvlink without its main component you are literally delusional not to mention idiot since you know it doesnt work..

Attached: tesla-v100-nvlink-gpu-cpu-diagram-625-udt.png (626x520, 9K)

>Its really weird how radio silent Nvidia is being about 11x0/20x0.
It's because Nvidia is competing with themselves right now, Vega was a massive disappointment for gaming.

Impossible

videocardz.com/76978/manli-teases-geforce-gtx-2080-and-geforce-gtx-2070

GPU to CPU link doesn't work because Intel and AMD CPUs don't support it, motherfucker

But GPU to GPU link do work, they bypass the CPU and chipset and they talk to each other, hence why there's an NVLink connector on the top of the cards, something so simple yet a faggot like you can't even understand

KYS FAGGOT because people don't need to deal with retards like you

Attached: nvidia-nvlink-bridge.jpg (377x603, 21K)

>Maxwell and Pascal are refreshs
Good thing the RX580 isn't then

But he didn't mention the RX580?

>599.99
>for what is probably just a two layered pcb with some drm chip

Attached: 1532186050839.jpg (539x810, 131K)

He also didn't provide proof for his claim

Really your paying for the license to use it, but yeah, thats probably all that thing is.

>GPU to CPU link doesn't work because Intel and AMD CPUs don't support it, motherfucker

no shit imagine if i didnt said that already

no its missing quite a lot of connections you would have known that if you bothered to count the actual lanes leaving the core
its literally a second sli and nothing more

You're using with cards that go for over $6k each.

Quadro GV100 is $8,999 US dollars actually

Who's the girl?

Why dont you just use an adaptor? I personally only use dp for my gaming monitor and run my other two monitors with hdmi and dvi off my intel igpu, and i mostly do this because 144hz, 60hz, 60hz on a gtx 970 is broken

There was no claim that 11/20 is a refresh you dult. Its bracing for disappointment that it MAY be just a refresh. Last new arch was in the 700 series, 900 was a refinement, and 10 was a refinement+die shrink.

Is this real????

600 USD for a fucking piece of passive dumb plastic and metal?

does an adapter do 120+hz without input lag?

>consumer nvlink
>will allow for perfectly scalable vidcard clusters without the need for custom profiles for every game
>basically what SLI/xfire should've been from the beginning

based nvidia saves gaming yet again!

Attached: le smug nvidia worm.jpg (349x356, 66K)

Idk google it. Dp has huge bandwidth it can easily do 120hz. I dont know how about the input lag. Probably negligable

DVI was absent from the 1080Ti design spec, including the Founders cards, but it was added to the aftermarket cards by most third parties.

Attached: products_id_279_1.png (1024x648, 583K)

My 2009 2560x1600 IPS monitor is just fine in 2018, still blows the fuck out of my second monitor that was made only last year.

What are we gonna do AMDBros. I was OUR YEAR.

Attached: 1518090342450.png (653x726, 35K)

>consumer nvlink
Wut? No "consumer" will put down 2k $ to run dual GPUs.
NVLink/SLI/XFire have and will always been/be for high end gaming.

>What are we gonna do AMDBros.
Do you seriously think people are shedding a tear over vapourware?

fuck off m8 my old 120hz LCD moonitor is still DVI

Hurr durr lets move away from DVI and keep HDMI shit version

>GPU to CPU link doesn't work because Intel and AMD CPUs don't support it, motherfucker

more like nvidia doesnt allow them to support it

16gb ddr6 vram

sounds like its easily going to cost $1000+

picked up a used Titan for $500 feels good man, sure its 10% worse but HALF the price

see yall crackers in a few years when the GTX3080ti comes out

Ariadna Majewska

Are you retarded? It does not cost $1000

If you use 16Gb/2GB GDDR6 modules, you only need 8 chips for 16GB of VRAM

MOAR CORES on Threadripper!

>Ngreedia will now refresh their lineup every 6 to 9 months whenever they buy faster GDDR6
let's hope it will OC well justs like Micro promised ('member the 20Gb/s GDDR6 test)?

this and it fucking annoys the shit out of me since I play at high res, everything still looks like shit because the textures are made in fuckn 1366x768

>resistancelet

forget pic

Attached: 290xx2.jpg (5328x5168, 3.93M)

>GDDR6 can be faster than HBMeme 2 bunch of retarded
that argument is like claiming that 500 Sata III HDDs on Raid 0 are faster than a samsung 970 NVMe.
HBM has less power consumption per pin
More MT/s per pin
Takes less space
Can have wider interface with the cpu/gpu

What are the disadvantages?
Obviously the know-how, a good packaging partner and having a proper PHY IP.

novidia is a known jew in the GPU market, they won't give you the latest and greatest. They will sell you instead something cheap and market it as great.
Do you remember the laughable move with the 2 versions of Titans in the 10 series?
>Here's a Titan
one year later
>Here's another Titan, a less shitty one.

Attached: Memory-Bandwidth.jpg (1157x577, 95K)

Any ideas from fellow AMD fans how to cope?

But GDDR6 is still cheaper and can be faster than HBMeme tho...

HBMeme requires expensive interposer and consumers really only care about how many FPS they get. The only current benefit of using it over gddr6 is smaller PCBs for stacking more teslas in the space.

Thats why NVIDIA put it only on high end card imbecil

>HBM is a meme!
>that's why they're only using it on the highest end cards dummy!

>gaymen gtx = quadro&tesla

Attached: amdfag.jpg (8624x3896, 2.33M)

Thanks Nvidia!
Feeding people the barest of minimums while you still have no product, you rascals!