Live in europe

>live in europe
>buy something from massdrop
>pay for the product, choose DHL
>product arrives
>have to pay additional 60 euros for no reason

why is it so expensive to buy electronics in Europe?

Attached: 1505277085687.png (188x68, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_value_added_tax
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_value_added_tax
if you were in the us you still would have had to pay a few percent extra (local state tax)

Youre doing it wrong

Europe is a commune.

Not in my state.

Attached: 2018-08-02 10_04_53.png (1428x307, 50K)

because vat

the shipping is free, but when it arrives in your country, and they hand over the shipping to the biggest shipping company in your country, you will be forced to pay VAT

based on that price, you can expect to pay $500 or more.

I live in the US, it's free shipping and no tax.

we got a richfag over here
but really where'd you get the money from

Hey, rich fags would pay full price at bestbuy and have it installed by tonight.

This saves $1000+ over the bestbuy price though.

Wait what? The US has no VAT and sales tax, if any, is usually collected at point of sale

Sorry, I thought you were a Europoor like me. Massdrop doesn't include VAT in the final price, so it is common for Europeans to purchase something off of them and then get confused at the sight of additional prices when the product has arrived, because they assumed VAT had already been paid off.

Obviously, that's what this entire thread was about. My point was the first reply seemed to indicate US buyers ALSO are paying taxes on their massdrop purchases, which as you can see here, isn't true.

Afaik, Massdrop doesn't include VAT or taxes on their products. Depending on your state, you will have to pay it later. Europeans who buy products from Massdrop have to pay for VAT when the product has arrived.

state sales tax only applies to in state transactions.

you buy something from out of state and have it shipped, no sales tax.
You should declare it on taxes, but no one does unless its obscene, and feds won't actively pursue due to it being largely a state issue.

They can't charge you for more money than what the price said and was at checkout, adding taxes, or charging for money after a good has been delivered is illegal and can safely be ignored.
Although I get the feeling you're not exactly giving out all details.

Discard that, Massdrop is US based, border taxes must be paid on receiving of the goods.
The issue is nit EU related, rather EU-US trade related.
Soon this will be 0% though, since the trading relationship is being worked upon.

>Soon this will be 0% though, since the trading relationship is being worked upon
are you mentally ill or just so out of touch you actually believe this...?

Lol no
free trade agreement =/= I can order anything from the usa without paying local vat

VAT on goods within the EU have to be incorporated on the labeled price. There is no import taxes on goods from other member states from the EU. Whenever I buy something from Amazon.de I don't have to pay anything upon receiving it in the Netherlands.

because in the US if your postal carrier asks you for money you pull your gun on him

>falling for the mass drop scam

Because the VAT is included in the price since it's already been imported to the EU, that's still paying the VAT though.

depend some state have a use tax which is filed by the person if said item is bought to be used in the state, and goes by the percentage set in the city, of course for an odd reason there is a bracketed system where you pay a fixed amount to cover all use taxes based on your income

Thanks for agreeing. OP wouldn't have to pay €60 out of nowhere if it would come from a company within the EU. It'd just be a bit more expensive compared to 1:1 USD pricing if it first comes over from a US based company, but again, this cost isn't added afterwards, like OP is suggesting.

Because you're importing an electronic instead of buying it locally, so your countries' businesses suffer.

But your people voted In a regulation in which a large percentage of tax is tacked onto your stuff in the form of customs, and the money goes directly into the pockets of law makers and government and doesn't benifit the businesses that your are hurting in ANY way.

>soidrop

VAT (=sales tax) has nothing to do with imports.

It's just that most webshops in the EU will include the sales tax in the listed price, or at least add it to the checkout amount.
How much sales tax you have to pay depends on the country you live in, so webshops have to calculate different prices for different customers but they can deal with that.

Eurofag here. I don't mind paying higher prices for electronics, at least I can go to {school,supermarket,park,theater} without getting shot.

You have a functioning social safety net

>why is it so expensive to buy electronics in Europe?
>Not in my state.
>I live in the US
American citizens. Smart people.

This is why I never buy anything over $20 from massdrop, also because nowarrantylol

that's import duty/VAT
it's the same when you import foreign products into any country

shut up

Yep, you get stabbed or run over instead. You really showed those burgers!

Retard, read properly.

The first reply says this
>if you were in the us you still would have had to pay a few percent extra (local state tax)

To which i replied ()
>not in my state
and showed proof.

Not my fault you're a fucking retarded who can't into reading comprehension.

>2 stabbings
>2 vehicle attacks
>1 year
Meanwhile in the US...
>1670 mass shootings in 1850 days

>why is it so expensive to buy electronics in Europe?
Because we don't have a unified postal service system. And because people and businesses still have borders in their head, which is why it costs more for me to have something ordered from Spain, UK, Germany, Italy, if they deliver at fucking all, to my house, than it is to order it from China. Also why /csg/ threads are a thing.

Attached: usps.png (2400x459, 36K)

this is the thing that has allowed amazon to thrive in the USA.

In order for catalogs to work properly and have massive sales without computers, because they didnt exist, those transactions were tax free, you as a consumer were supposed to fill out a form for the transaction and pay your tax to the state you live in, obviously no one does that. it literally is highway robbery, because it robs states from taxes they would otherwise receive to build highways with.

Because you have to pay for all those state social services that so you frequently espouse as "free."

Attached: dont-bait-me.png (800x400, 26K)

>Live in UK
>Buy something from massdrop
>pay the tax
>Delivered by YODEL

Attached: LOSINGIT.jpg (662x712, 64K)

>live in France
>often buy shit from massdrop
>Use murican DHL
>product arrives
>never have to pay VAT

>not LG OLED

Arrête tes disquettes.

>that feel when a client from Europe tries to get me to undervalue their parcel so they can pay less VAT and duties

Maaate, I am not dealing with the fallout when customs and DHL or whoever have a shitfit. It's hard enough getting them to believe what you paid for shit in the first place.

Don't even get me started on Yanks complaining about shipping cost because they have no concept of what it costs to ship over a fucking ocean from a country that isn't China and being too used to loss-leading US domestic shipping costs.

International shipping is hilariously fun.

Massdrop is a shit. Hope you never need to return anything haha...

Your government has to pay for those immigrants somehow, lad.