what are you a consumerist normie ?
bought this baby for 200 buckaroos, e5-2680v3

Attached: Capture.png (382x234, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113428
amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-1800X-Processor-YD180XBCAEWOF/dp/B06W9JXK4G
cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-Xeon-E5-2690-v3-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/2364vs2966
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because even a modern i5 is better than those xeons.

tsk tsk tsk, talking out of your ass is bad user
it outperforms an 8700k, and that's at stock with a shitty air cooler

Attached: Capture.png (377x68, 3K)

oops shit crop

Attached: Capture.png (375x215, 8K)

8700k gets rapper by 1700 and you can find that close to $200

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113428
and here's the proof.
you dun goofed op.
OP confirmed faggot by recycling jewish tricks.

okay user

Attached: Capture.png (385x238, 8K)

because I'm richfag and bought the 1950x Threadripper and will upgrade to the 2990x when it drops.

amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-1800X-Processor-YD180XBCAEWOF/dp/B06W9JXK4G
now try this for $239

>multi thread
if you use all those threads then it sure is better, but normies don't care, cause most applications they use (gayms) utilize like 2 cores max and benefit more from higher clock speeds than # of cores

>looks at Xeon's TDP
>a 12C/24T barely beats 8C/16T
yikes

except that for 230$ i'd have bought a 2690v3, that btfo's your 1800x
cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-Xeon-E5-2690-v3-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/2364vs2966

most "gayms" arent limited by the cpu at all.

What application uses 24 threads?

Answer: nothing you run, because you want to use a server CPU in a desktop.

ffmpeg
gcc
handbrake
firefox/chrome
etc.

Anons, don't fall into this trap! Sure I paid practically nothing for the CPU... but then I had to get a rack mount enclosure, a dual CPU C612 motherboard, redundant power supplies, 128GB of ECC DRAM, a PCIe riser for a GPU, 32TB of SAS storage, an HBA card, and now I have this screaming behemoth racked up in my bedroom.

Save yourselves.

Because that's illegal and you don't own the cpu.

multiple virtual machines ya dimwit
you don't HAVE to, i did get a dual cpu mobo, but it's just for fun since i found it cheap for 200, i got 32gb of RDIMM ECC dell ram for 200, new on amazon
as for the case i just used my old regular pc case, and still use regular drives
if i was richer i would definitely have something like your setup
s'long as it's not morally wrong i don't give a shit, unlike some cucks laws don't dictate my life

the cheapest used E5-2690V3 I can find on ebay is at $315.
care to show me a cheaper listing of that beaten up CPU from 2014?

got it in an auction senpai, if you can't into sniping you shouldn't buy off ebay

Firefox and Chrome don't use 24 threads. Their limit is much lower. And don't say etc. There is no etc. You stopped there because you couldn't think of anything else. Other than the 3 programs you listed which actually use up to 24 cores (2 of which perform the same job), every other program will run better on an i5.

>got it in an auction
sorry dude, I don't like expensive paper weights.

When have you ever needed to run more than 2 VMs at the same time outside of a work environment? Because OP is obviously talking about using a Xeon for a consumer PC.

the best case for video encoders is 12 threads.
you can't saturate a cpu over 12 threads easily... only if you run multiple encodings.

I love the idea of server stuff. But if I'm being honest, it'd be rather a waste and I'd be better off just getting something newer but lower on the scale. I'm already using a Xeon now, a 6c/12t X5670, with 24GB of RAM. And I run some VMs and edit raw photos and shit, so yeah, I'd feel cramped on, say, four cores or in 8GB of memory. But really I'd have a hard time justifying anything over, say, eight cores and 32GB, especially if those cores and memory are significantly faster than a superannuated X58 system.

Which means I probably get a Ryzen. I'll miss having PCI-E lanes to burn though.

>not getting a x5650

>what are you a consumerist normie ?
he said while bragging about his purchase and using windows.

Attached: 1533061482199.png (800x533, 31K)

>delidder on suicide watch
>why do you even need 8 cores ? 4 cores is more than enough, there's no program that runs better with more than 2 cores anyway
stress tested it to hell, its been two months and its still running pretty much 24/7, can't complain
i run multiple servers, some linux and others windows, after i bought this thing i moved it all to one physical machine
too weak for me mate

planning to buy an e5 2660 v2 10-core for 100 bucks, no es though

you literally said:
>nothing you run
I proved you wrong and you come back with that shitty argument?
vmware workstation also uses more threads, so does photoshop, after effects, excel, E T C.

>bragging about his purchase
what did you want me to steal it ?
>using windows
it's quarantined
no ES is safer, but the v2's are getting really old, what with ddr3 and all

>stress tested it to hell
this means nothing.
when a component passes its MTTF mark, it is worth nothing, that's why they sell it nearly 1/10 of the original cost.
It might die tomorrow or in 50 years.

got 32gb of ddr3 laying around, not gonna invest money into ddr4

>too weak for me mate
How about 2

Attached: Cinebench426sing.png (322x817, 34K)

then i can buy another one and it would still have cost less than an equivalent consumer-grade pos
besides, why would a xeon die off in 4 years, there are still servers running the first ever xeons, a lot of shit relies on these old servers, that's why they're so expensive

>there are still servers running the first ever xeons
those would be P2-400s in Slot 2 with extra cache. If you have one of those I encourage you to go shitpost in the guts thread with it.

shit

>all these crops

K E K

Don't know why anyone would think a Xeon would suffer a quick death. They're some of the highest binned parts run at extremely low clocks and they don't switch c-states nearly as often as consumer parts.

There are two things that kill CPUs prematurely: high clocks and heat, both of which cause electron migration. Xeon parts are run at low clocks w/ massive amounts of redundant air cooling, redundant power, and in a datacenter environment the intake air is filtered and that power is isolated from the grid.

Shit I've consulted w/ dozens of companies still running their ERPs off of Linux 2.4 kernels on NetBurst era Xeons; these boxes have uptimes measured in years and their parts are over a decade old. -- What usually does them in is failed caps or failure to replace a disk in a degraded RAID5 array.

t. boomer

Xeons are not binned.
A cpu that it is built as xeon, it's sold as xeon.
They don't bin parts like amd did with bulldozers or with zen ccx's.
Also your electron immigration and the rest of the assumptions are false.
First of, ibm 5ghz cpus
Second, why would anyone would spend money and man hours designing cpu hot swapping since "cpus don't suddenly die"?
The only one who guarantees that a cpu will work is the manufacturer.... And that's only for a certain amount of time.
Shit, xeon D's suddenly started dying within weeks of their use.

I still do a double take every time I hear ERP because my brain still associates that acronym with what one does in Goldshire.

>Xeon Ds
those low-power skylake xeons? Kek

>tfw achieving this with a stock 2700x on a modern platform without having to shell out for a server motherboard, and with lower power consumption
feels good, but I'm happy for you user