The 120W NVIDIA next-gen GPU (GeForce GTX 2065?) will be priced around $499 MSRP

The 120W NVIDIA next-gen GPU (GeForce GTX 2065?) will be priced around $499 MSRP.
The 150W NVIDIA next-gen GPU (GeForce GTX 2070?) will be priced around $599 MSRP.
The 180W NVIDIA next-gen GPU (GeForce GTX 2080?) will be priced around $699-749 MSRP.

At the same time,

The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti MSRP will drop in price by $100.
The GeForce GTX 1080 MSRP will drop in price by $50.

wccftech.com/nvidias-geforce-gtx-2080-and-2070-based-on-ampere-ga104-gpu/

why is NVIDIA SO BASED!?!!?

Attached: Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-Feature.jpg (1920x1080, 804K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_NVENC
developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccadic_masking
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More importantly, will these new models have vastly better performance than the current gen? People don't care that much about power consumption on a gaming desktop.

yes they are based on ampere witch is based on volta

lower nm and more power

>expecting geforce 11xx part numbers
>no fuck you were going with 20xx part numbers

God damnit why can't any manufacturer use consistent model numbers?

because its a big leap from pascal to ampere

Attached: ayymd.png (1300x599, 312K)

cool

>no open source drivers on linux
>based
die in a house fire

There's nothing exciting about these prices.
$50 price drop is also laughable.

>muh linux

linus fucking sucks for gaming

they are
2080 is a 4k destroyer

This doesn't necessarily mean the cards will perform better than the 10xx generation. We already saw how the Titan V isn't much better for gaming than the Titan Xp.

well the titan V is not made for gaming
its a quadro like card
geforce series are made for gaming

>$200 price hike relative to previous gen cards

Attached: 2u7ahza.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Very true. This means we've seen exactly squat on how good Volta and Ampere are going to be for gaming, which was my point from start.

That's cool once the company stops being total underhanded shitbags I'll think about buying from them.

> meme 4k gaming.
> Paying $699/749 for a vidya ... Price of complete build

I want the replacement for the 1050, cause i'm running SFF... Hope it is at the same level as the current 1060. Wonder how long i'll be waiting for it to hit the store shelves. I mean the 1050ti is over 2 years old now...

> dead on arrival
I will be buying some to flip to s()b()ys on ebay w/ money coming out of their asses for 50%+ markeup

4k is the standard

1080p is fucking 20 years old grandpa

>$500 for a XX60
Fuck off

fucking poorfag get a new job instead of whining about price

The 2060 will be a 1080, the 2070 will be a 1080 Ti, and the 2080 will be better than the current Titan so it checks out

>he's never seen 144Hz 4k before

>Price of complete build

Not everyone build trash PCs like you.

Dear child. 4k was around before you even exited the womb. In high action scenes, your brain doesn't process it or high fps. You got con'd.

> Has job
> Works in tech
> Sells overpriced tech to normies who want to feel closer to technology
> Keeps money
> Stays wealthy

1080p gaming is just fine as is 60hz.

>cards aren't out yet with no benchmarks in sight
>user thinks he know exactly how they're going to perform regardless because his uncle works for Nvidia

Rember paying 350$ for the 970?

I bet you love Apple too. Paying more for no good reason is a mindset every company wishes for its customers.

Actually you geht a decent mid range pc for that money.

Has seen it. It's a gimmick.
I don't game alot. I don't notice any changes in high action games. It all gets blurred anyway.
4k actually feels retarded like its trying to be something it obviously is not. It's like try hard visuals.. Like corny ass penthouse/playboy vs some really good amateur homemade.

Leak of nvidia 2080 PCB

they have removed SLI and added something faster for more cards

Attached: 2080.jpg (1000x490, 145K)

> 8 core / nvme / mobo / psu / 3200mhz 16gb b-die
Trash PC
Dear child, it's not that serious
a beat ass 2GB card can still play most titles and shit like pubg

Holy shit Ampere is the name I voted for.
But it was last on the list after the poll.

> they have removed SLI and added something faster for more cards
That'd be nv-link retard. Rumor is its single finger. This is interesting to me but not if they gimp it which they most likely will.

why would they gimp it?

Turing was a fucking fag anyways.

Nvidia ia pretty consitent in their performance gains per Generation for each of their normal products.

(n+1)060 ~ n070
(n+1)070 ~ n80ti
(n+1)080 ~ n80ti +20-30% perf

At least its what wie expect. Sadly even if our performance estimatea are correct, nvidia is increasing their margins once again.

They always gimp such things to ensure they can charge nigger tier prices for Quadro and pro cards. It's the same way they gimp :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_NVENC

Your Geforce card essentially has high performance encode/decode hardware on it just like quadros and is capable of doing all sorts of things like function as a high speed capture card/game streaming remotely/etc. Instead of giving you direct access like they do for Quadro cards via : developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk

They nigger it and gimp it under game works. Nvidia and others have been dong this for a long time. Nv-link is a very powerful interconnect for vidya. It debut'd in their enterprise segment. So, there's no doubt they're going to gimp the hardware/firmware and software to protect their cash cow segment.

I'm not really interested in baby tier performance increases. I want new features that aren't gimp'd. My 1080 is more than sufficient. A lot of people are also forgetting that 7nm is right around the corner. I can't imagine buying this overpriced shit now and then the real-deal cards come out in 2019 including hot competition from AMD. I'll ride my 1080 for one more year thnx

>In high action scenes, your brain doesn't process it or high fps.
This. And your eyes can't see over 24 fps too.

Your eyes can, but only in low action scenes. In high action, your brain begins dropping frames and discarding information. This is why 4k TVs are marketed with slow slideshows and timelapse.
Consumers are stupid especially gaymers so they're falling for high action/fps 4k gaming. Shit tons of money is being made. I intend to crucify mother fuckers on ebay for these cards. Meanwhile, I game on a 2GB previous gen nvidya

Well yeah.
Remember when gtx 1060 6gb outperform gtx 980ti

Its about the principle. To me a graphics card is never worth over 200 or 300 dollars, ever. Looking at the steam hardware survey is a good measure of how much people are willing to shell out for a new card. The x60 and x50/ti are hugely more popular cards then the x80 or even x70s are. If Nvidia wants to charge x80 series prices for x60 product, they are not going to sell many x60s in the first place.
If I'm spending (wasting) 500 dollars on an x60, then why not spend (waste) 100 more on an x70. Because at that point it is a waste and a money sink like other *even stupider* hobbies are. 500 schmeckels for a x60 doesnt make sense.

This is the most dumb shit I've ever heard. Is this the new "the human eye cant see more than 30fps" meme?

based nvidia does it again

Attached: gdnvidia.png (991x695, 76K)

Guessed so, they will be extremly overpriced as always. Good that I'm in for a Ti change cycle. I can comfortably wait and enjoy my VRAM while retards pay the same for performance I've had for more than a year already.

I'm not sure if I will buy the 1180 Ti at all, first worthy games should release, currently I can barely justify owning a 1080 Ti. The only game I play is Mass Effect 3.

$700+ for just a gpu? Holy shit. You can build a damn decent computer for that amount. All I can say is that it along with cpu + ram, better deliver 100+ fps with everything jacked to the max @ high resolution when playing "whatever" title I feel like playing. If you pay that insane amount then it better fucking deliver the goods. Think the fucking christ that I'm outta that whole "upgrade cycle" mess. Happy with my 740 GT that cost me only $100 a few years ago. I play only older titles so blowing $400+ just to play them is kinda overkill since anything unless it's been gimped to hell will deliver perfect good fps with them (1990s - 2k4 titles)

How can someone play on a GT 740 unless you play Minecraft (without shaders) only?

Is an upgrade from the r9 290 to the 2080 worth it?

I play mostly UT (1999), NOLF (2000), Resident evil 1-3, Quake 3 (1999), UT 2k4. Trust me, anything released within the last 10 years is more than capable of handling these games

Damn it Pyle

Attached: FUCKINGMAGNETS.jpg (663x428, 41K)

4K is the standard for TVs because they need the pixel density. And they also don't have to render their content.

PC users are jumping over 1440p for no reason, maybe it's because it doesn't have a fancy name like 4K. But still 60hz/FPS is unacceptable

REBRANDIA

oh no we went through a whole Xyy cycle, now there is going to be the XXyy cycle
X being the mayor generation and y the sku or whatever

>2060 =1070
>2060 $500
>1070 $450
>Paying more for the same or worse performance
Why is tech like this now...

Ok ok but...
Do we have games that could use the full potential of supposed gtx 2065?
What i want to ask is, do we really need more powerful graphic cards?

Nvidia spam bot strikes again

Ok ok but...
Do we have games that could use the full potential of supposed gtx 2080?
What i want to ask is, do we really need more powerful graphic cards?

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 41K)

Fr*ckin games are unoptimized as fuck nowadays
Deus sex, Unisoft titles and monster killer world are terrible resource hogs that can't even chug 60 FPS max settings
They're not even particularly ground breaking graphically

Thank to this i finally understand the boomer meme

It's not a meme. It's literally how things work.
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccadic_masking
Brainlet. In high action scenes your eyes are literally jumping around all over the place. This causes motion blur which is filtered out by your brain aka frame dropping and a lack of detailed perception.
> mfw brainlets will still still buy into the 4k meme because they're already invested.
Thanks for making my pockets fat faggots

Yes. There are still games that fall below 60 fps on full settings at 1440p and 4K especially.

Nvidia will be on the 2100 or 2200 series before the next gen consoles come out. When PS4 was released they were on 700. Let that sink in.

what is true though is the inpit lag on slower framerates, although this is not because of the refresh rate of the monitor rather the fps itself

Attached: 1532647606929.jpg (2048x1218, 140K)

Science went straight over your head. It's ok brainlet... Buy the 4k capable cards. It's totally going to register.. oh and 140fps too

I'm a different poster retard, I'm fine playing 720p if I even play at all

How the fuck is Sapphire anything other than god like?

>but he just kept cutting me off
Must've been some of that electrical interfetterence

Nvidia is great

>ryzen
>a failure
Pick one and only one faggot

I like how the actual shills and media are massively inflating supposed prices so that when it's 100 usd cheaper but still too expensive most will think it's a good deal or something

>gaming

My car payment is more than a 1080ti and I still can’t bring myself to replace my 290x.

It is tho, up to 50%

That's subjective you silly bitch.

But I suspect that you've become numb to the Boeing 747 sound your card makes and the nuclear power plant in your yard required to power it, so if you're happy with your current performance for the games you play, keep waiting.

Nvidia is learning from (((Intel)))

>800 mo car payment
>200 minimum monthly insurance cost

You're clearing $150k gross this year, right? Otherwise, you're financially retarded.

>Upto

Attached: 1513447098876~01.jpg (369x387, 35K)

Running a gtx 670 sli system with a xeon 1231v3 atm and I can't wait to upgrade. It runs most things fine still on a combo of med-high settings but still wanna upgrade.

>gross
If you aren't calculating every paycheck after taxes and essential spending you already fucked up.

Linux is for code monkeys and pedos, Chad uses Windows.

How much for the 3.5 GB Versions?

The reason they are the most popular is because most people can't afford anything better, retard.

>20XX instead of 11XX

How silly.

>implying any of those cards will run modern games at higher than 60fps at 4k
Even dual 1080Ti is not enough for 4k gaming with good framerate.
4k is a meme, it's only good for slow paced games.

That was the point fuckwit, he needs a minimum of $150k gross to even begin you consider having that much of a monthly expense on a vehicle. Thanks for enlightening us to the concept of taxes and insurance numbnuts.

>MSRP

Attached: 1525272482811.jpg (918x918, 86K)

>2080 will cost the same as the 1080ti
>based

>(n+1)080 ~ n80ti +20-30% perf
Not even close when you compare an overclocked 980 Ti to an overclocked 1080. Pascal's supposed lead was exaggerated by those cards boosting much closer to their maximum potential out of the box. My 980 Ti could do 1526MHz on air and was as fast as a stock 1080. You only gain another 10% or so by overclocking the 1080, so the gain was close to fuck all.

Anybody with a 1080 Ti who upgrades to a small die new card is retarded, unless they only care about lowering power consumption for some reason (sure ain't cost). The big boy, big die cards will arrive later as always, and ream the asshole of the baby cards as always. For not much more money either, comparing launch x80 price versus x80 Ti price.

>$749 price of complete build

My CPU cost more than that

Attached: threadripperamd.jpg (980x620, 155K)

>980
That is not even close to true. The 1070 is only slightly better than the 980ti.

Should i upgrade my 980ti to the 2080? Or wait for the 2080ti?

What he probably meant to say is that the GTX 1060 outperforms the regular GTX 980 which is true especially when you overclock it since Pascal overclocks much better than Maxwell.

>My car payment is more than a 1080ti
by car payment you mean the balance and not what you pay monthly right? Please say yes

how about actually proving him wrong instead of frogposting

pascal doesn't oc for shit, at stock the cards already boost to over 1900mhz, you could easily get 200-300mhz extra out of maxwell at lower clocks

>nVidia's implementation of the rebrandeon architecture
>a whopping 5-10% performance increase while saving you pennies because of muh low power consumption
>meanwhile 10xx cards are still holding value after 2 years
BASED miners
BASED nVidia

Not realistic to achieve. Most games maxed out will still be in the 60-100fps range. So why waste money on a overpriced 144Hz monitor.

Nvidia didn't jew out like Intel did when it kiked its competitor (probably because Intel is entering the dgpu market soon)

Attached: PVCsN4R5xYB8FC7n6ApK8Tl8sIQUmiu8rFnqWTxu3C0.jpg (400x387, 29K)

Yeah. Not spending 4k for gaymen doesn't make you a poor fag, it makes you smart