Ok I'm a little high so how does software, like instruct the hardware...

ok I'm a little high so how does software, like instruct the hardware? I understand binary is physically represented by low and high voltage but how would something intangible like binary code ever have influence on something in the real world? like whats making the power supply vary the voltage

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (550x550, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UvI-AMAtrvE
youtube.com/watch?v=p7nGcY73epw
youtube.com/watch?v=IcrBqCFLHIY
quora.com/How-do-computer-hardware-and-software-work-together
youtube.com/watch?v=QLgyQG8Pu8s
youtube.com/watch?v=smPVh4vg66M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

redpill me on weed

Satan's dark magick, obviously.
Hail Satan.

Basic answer: we don’t really know. Hippie types think it’s “techno soul” or some crap like that. Most science types (myself included) think it has to do with quantum tunneling.

god you stoner faggots are insufferable

Attached: 1533251365560.png (800x600, 207K)

...voltage transformers?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 72K)

check out logic gates, man

this

this

not this

dude weed lol

dumb
fucking
frog
poster

Shit is fun and not addictive. I dropped it once I started college again and I smoked a lotttty freshman year.

>not addictive

it's not physically addictive like heroin. It can absolutely be psychologically addicting.

>I'm a little high

You would like Computerphile. Check this out.
youtube.com/watch?v=UvI-AMAtrvE

Here's another.

youtube.com/watch?v=p7nGcY73epw

Not sure if your question concerns how binary works, or how computing works on a larger scale, but here's some stuff.

This veritasium video is a pretty good description of a transistor, which is what you were referring to when you mentioned "low and high voltage."

I was also kinda high when I watched this, so you're in good company: youtube.com/watch?v=IcrBqCFLHIY

Good quora thread on the latter subject, basic computing:
quora.com/How-do-computer-hardware-and-software-work-together

Attached: 1531170670907.png (1920x1200, 1016K)

hes making a penis joke right? thats the point of this whole thing? to draw the penis thing

kys self

Attached: 1531502552089.gif (487x560, 898K)

it just takes willpower to stop which i admit can be hard. i went from dabbing daily to smoking on rare occasions now

lol it helped with my depression, i already had anxiety, already at risk for schizo but overall im fine fuck ya

watch ghost in the shell (og animated ofc) or the matrix it'll explain everything and by everything i mean absolutely nothing but those movies are dope high

This must be what a CS degree does to your brain. Stick to engineering unless you’re brain dead.

i wish i had drugs

user dont think too hard. a computer is just a very complicated sequencer

look at early drum / rhythm machines and you will understand

youtube.com/watch?v=QLgyQG8Pu8s

Drugs r cool

Escapism+Addiction denial

Good in moderation. Don't become a pot head like me. Kills creativity and any motivation if smoked daily.

read up on transistor architecture and VLSI

>It's like totally not addictive, man.
Yet you'll smoke it everyday, meet with dealers at 3am, destroy your social life, and drop $100 / month on it consistently.. and for what?
Weed is blue pill as fuck. Its as bad as just more expensive and isolating.

>we don’t really know
this, we don't know anything
youtube.com/watch?v=smPVh4vg66M
smoke 5g of dmt

Don't listen to 420fags who say it carries no addiction and that they can "toke up whenever they want".
It can carry a high psychological addiction. If you are having a sesh more than three times a fortnight, ask yourself - how would you consider yourself if you replaced that with alcohol?
TL;DR: fine in moderation. But it can be real easy to fall into an escapism hole which can exacerbate other issues that are going on in your life.

You mean the machine spirit? That's why you need to have a tech priest available at every it shop

How do logic gates physically work though?

How does a tree root split concrete? Well, by being a sytem with very high entropy doing coordinated work on a molecular scale. It breaks concrete using bajillions of ion pumps that deliver building blocks to new cells and by expanding with liquid transfer using aforementioned pumps.
The computer instructs hardware in a similar way. Numerous small things combine efforts to effect changes on a macro scale.

Logic gates work through transistors and transistors work by taking silicon and doping it with p-type dopants in some parts (typically boron) and n-type dopants in other parts (typically phosphorus).

I would keep going, but you're stuck on doping.

I used to ask this to my teachers all the time and none of them were able to give me a straight answer

heh, I get it

because it's not really computer science
if you go down to that level it becomes chemistry and physics

Don't smoke it, do edibles. Take a 3 month tolerance break once a year

It's definitely physically addicting. THC use gives a good dose of dopamine and you can go through minor withdrawal if youre smoking a lot and suddenly stop. Irritability and restlessness are prominent symptoms.

Geordie. I feel, strange.

Attached: ee8.png (522x593, 325K)

Transistors let or don't let current through, influencing each other.

When I run out of chocolate in my house, I impulsively check the empty drawer even though I know that there is nothing there. I become restless, and sometimes make myself hot chocolate instead. Chocolate ingestion gives a good dose of dopamine, and I go through minor withdrawal if I suddenly stop. Is chocolate physically addicting? You could argue that, but then lots of other things would fall into this category too. I think it's better to reserve the word for chemicals whose pharmacokinetics entail a process where some core hormonal systems become dependent specifically of the presence of some active ingredient.
Even then you could still argue that chocolate, weed, and many other things are physically addictive.

Unemployed Masters graduate in VLSI design, AMA regarding this shit, OP. I could use some validation rn

0s and 1s are transmitted through fluctuations in amplitude or current or some shit i think.

Its like millions upon millions of little light switches, if lights turned off on negatively charged current instead of no current.

Give us the quick rundown on what the fuck is going on with computers below the hood.

>Shit is fun
True
>and not addictive
Literally at odds with "shit is fun"

Can I get a job doing this shit with only an undergrad degree

Judging by your employment status I assume the answer is no but maybe you're just a fuckup

lmao dude...
cigarettes and alcohol are much more dangerous and kill people
weed is natural man

lol a fucking pothead has stumped the Jow Forums squad
How will they ever recover?

It's fun. Not worth it if you are very frugal and like to save money. However, it is fun. Can be very habit forming. People who have a strong psychological dependency can experience side effects when quitting such as loss of appetite, difficulty falling asleep, and irritability. Regular use of marijuana has also been reported to inhibit the ability to have/remember dreams. I would like to quit some day, but it's so accessible in my area due to legalization, so I inevitably end up buying more. I'd rather be a stoner than an alcoholic or a cigarette smoker though, I can say that for damn sure. Fuck alcoholics and fuck alcohol. Fuck cigarettes and the people who litter them all over every public sidewalk.

>Is chocolate physically addicting? You could argue that, but then lots of other things would fall into this category too
Yes, it is. Food is one of the most common addictions and this can be seen in the top causes of death, which largely result from food addiction. People literally kill themselves because they can't stop themselves from being fat fucks. Think about that user.

Alcohol and tobacco are natural too, as is cyanide.

There really is nothing to redpill user.
As others have said it can trigger psychological addiction that eventually is gonna creep up on you if you are not careful.
You know for the longest time i've told myself that i could stop until i could not.
And even then the denial was such that i wasted years of my life and blew through any money i've had before i finally reached out to get help.

tldr: it's ok to try and occasionally toke up with some bros. But once you cross the line you are in for some shitshow that is gonna drag you down to your lowest point eventually.