Windows 7 in 2018

'sup y'all.
Rest of the components for my new PC should arrive next week. I'm kinda fed up with W10 on my current one are there any major downsides to downgrading back to W7?

Attached: index.jpg (266x190, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-3-2200g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well the downsides are
>those downsides inherent to running windows at all
>it being a pain in the ass to install on recent hardware

Remember that the monthly rollup updates include the backported spyware from Windows 10, you have to look up a list of those and keep them out.

new mobos only support ubs 3.0 on new ryzen / 6xxx+ platforms, win7 does not come with drivers for usb 3.0 only 2.0 so mouse and keyboard will not work unless u find specific version of win7 that has the drivers for usb 3.0 pre loaded. also, after installation, win7 will not receive any more updates since the system will recognize the new hardware as not supporting win7. there is a workaround on github for ryzen systems, not sure for new intel systems.

You can install 7 without slipstreaming drivers. You use a PS/2 keyboard (make sure you pick a mobo that has a PS/2 port) and install from an optical disc. Also 7 has no nvme drivers, so if you use an m2 SSD, it needs to be a SATA one. Again, unless you add the drivers to the install image.

Got a Ryzen 3 and MSI mobo, and apparently fellas at MSI have some tool for you to install W7 with. Figured it would be worth a try.

but ryzen 3 isnt out yet

thinking about it again you probably bought a ryzen 3 1300 or something not a 3000 series
dunno how i came to that

Attached: 1469243579651.jpg (941x307, 45K)

amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-3-2200g

Yep, just installed Windows 7 on my home server last night. Added usb3 drivers to the installer. Plus used the Windows update patch. Works a lot faster than 10 and no forced reboots.

I have Ryzen 5 2400g the cpu didn't like it so I forgednro install win 10

On Windows 7 too which updates should i install ? only the ones labelled "security" ?
it is said that the Kb3125574 pack isn't really safe

>any major downsides to downgrading back to W7
Shitty font rendering is the only downside

Gentoo is the answer.

New mobo also came with PS/2, use that for windows 7 installation.

>Remember that the monthly rollup updates include the backported spyware from Windows 10
How do they get away with this shit? It's under the guise of what, exactly? Because it's common knowledge that Win10 performs this way, and it's the main reason why people hate it.

I use Win10 Privacy Tools, but I'm fairly sure that doesn't remove all of it from my machine.

I am still on windows 8.1

I know I know...but should I really upgrade to 10? I hear it still sucks and it has all the tracking. 8.1 is annoying and an abomination but manageable. Upgrade or not? Here is a cutie for your time.

Attached: 1459046058027.jpg (800x533, 49K)

Sup Jow Forums, got tired of botnet, are there any custom isos of W7 prepackaged with all recent updates?

>referring to it as downgrading
Upgrading. You mean upgrading. 10 is inferior to 7.

Attached: 7e46d4e2b37d6384ee98dc580a1186fd.jpg (713x482, 41K)

There is absolutely no reason to use W10

Muh DirectX 12

Just use Windows 10 for gaymen and Linux for everything else.

so what?

My (former) wife Nanami is very cute!

>having multiple wives
Fucking degenerate

I usually obey to what Jow Forums tells me. I installed moments ago a simple ass 250gb 860 evo ssd, gpt and all.

What the FUCK do I install on it? A freak accident killed my W7 authentication for good, repair safe mode and scannow won't work, so I have to make a clean install. I already have the W7 distro I need, but I'm still wondering about 10. Speed will be the same regardless right? I just know Windows 10 is the shits when it comes to cracked software.