Why are American programmers so highly paid?

Are they the best in the world?

Attached: 1530097650223.png (664x840, 149K)

They need it because getting checked for the flu costs 10k US dollars plus tip

Because they pay $100,000k a year in housing costs at 55 years of age along with $50k for healthcare.

Because taxes in California might as well be 50%, on top of the insanely high cost of living in areas like Silicon Valley

Because they are ass raped by pedo uncle sam every day.

Why did they change it to $350K from $750K? Did someone get triggered and shoop it to make it lower?

big hype in "machine learning", we're basically at the peak now, in a few years its going to die down when no product sells

Don't forget to leave a tip

Attached: image_2018-08-04_07-23.png (1080x1680, 35K)

>Why are American programmers so highly paid?
Because otherwise they wouldn't have money to rent a cardboard in San Francisco and would just become regular hobos

Free market.
Big employers need to best people, so they'll compete on salaries, offerming more than each other so they'll be the one to snag a great employee instead of their competition.
Sometimes even if they don't have an immediate need for the person, just to deny their competitor access to a resource.

It's also why these very same companies are *heavily* invested in programming courses in schools and promoting the idea of programming for everyone, since that increases the talent pool and a bigger talent pool means more people competing for a limited pool of jubs, thus in the long run they can lower wages.

Not true, companies like Google want to think they are Gods and wanting a fair salary in exchange for your performance is an insult to them.

You get what you pay for. They pay a lot because high skill devs are in such high demand right now. They are competing with all other tech companies for the highly skilled labor. This is economics it's not remotely rocket science but the way you talk maybe it is to you.

>Are they the best in the world?
$40,000 on rent
$120,000 in taxes
$20,000 in living expenses
And suddenly you're making the same as every other programmer. The salary is inflated.

Soon it'll be like professional sports players. They're not highly paid because what they do is particularly amazing, they're highly paid because they're the best at it, and everyone wants the best.

>Because otherwise they wouldn't have money to rent a cardboard in San Francisco and would just become regular hobos
Literally this and nothing else. Also, enjoy working 80 hours a week and having no life in those positions when you'd have better QoL and more spending money making 40k in literally any city smaller than 1mil pop.

I am the best.

Not true, the sense of uncertainty regarding the job market and the fear of homelessness means that often times a person would rather accept less rather than take the risk of finding a new job. Social Justice Warriors will try to make it socially unacceptable in places like the Bay Area for employers to actually pay a good wage.

Definitely truth in this. Although, not on the same level as professional sports since normies will never be on board since they don't know jack shit about how most of their tech works.

Hmm good points. Although, not substantial enough to say that Google's gonna butt fuck people's wages without any consequences. But to an extent, I think you are correct.

Sure you are hun.

Having $180,000 in disposable income left over after paying taxes, rent, and living expenses is now "the same as every other programmer"?

Sounds like you're justifying something to yourself. You might actually be an average dev. Don't blame Google for that.

But I actually agree with you. Tech companies don't necessarily get the cream of the crop but everyone thinks they do.

they're just better at thinking like a degenerate
which works for defense.

Google need to improve the quality of the food, where are the shrimps?

Most programmers aren't government employees. Public workers are more corrupt.

Of equivalent requirements yeah. Google salaries aren't given out to just anyone.

fpbp

They literally are. All you have to do is spend a few days reading a book on algorithms.

Americans are the most hardworking and educated people in the world, they totally deserve to be making N times more than the people they outsource their work to in India!

meh, I'm just starting out and I'm only at 38k. The pay isn't that great for everybody.

more like you're an underachiever and you undersold yourself so hard that you're making slightly above minimum wage.
Did you only make it to one interview before giving up and thinking that was the true value of 4/5 years of college?

I started out around 40k 6 years ago. I'll make at minimum 150k this year. Medium cost of living.

Is this... OC?

First off my GPA was shit due to years of depression and browsing Jow Forums late at night jacking off and fucking around. Second I had ZERO internship experience. Nobody was going to / did give a fuck about me. I wasn't even getting rejections, It was as if I never applied at all.
I took the first job that I could find, shortly before graduating at $15 hourly. I just got "promoted" to 38k salaried. The plan is to put at least 1 year at this place and move on. I'm putting in serious effort and learning a lot so hopefully I can do that. You guys may shit on me but ~2200 a month ain't so terrible and I live in a small city where cost of living is low.

350k in us.
in poland warsaw the salary is around 50k usd.
I make shitty 30k.
I was in in another office in wrocław and i wasn't impressed by it, i mean they get premium juices and ice creams but the food was shit.

Aren't you guys constantly complaining about foreigners coming in and taking your jobs? Sounds more like the US as a location is highly valued while Americans aren't

Everybody needs programmers, or at least people who understand how programs work, because everything in life involves a computer, app, website, database, etc. in some way.
Programming requires some intelligence and the ability to think mathematically and algorithmically.
Republicans worked for decades to keep the American populace as uneducated, unhealthy, poor, and ignorant as possible
Thus there's a talent shortage and the portion of people self-motivated and autistic enough to git gud at programming can earn good money.

Just don't fucking live in Silicon Valley

Isn't the salary of places like Google so high because of the area the offices are in? Why would this hurt startups?

Attached: 1524004243630.png (929x768, 55K)

>commute to work four hours every day

t. someone who worked there with H1B a year

So you're saying that the US doesn't have unemployment issues in the IT sector?
Interesting.

This, also most of these companies claim to be working on "machine learning" this and "AI" that but in reality they're not even remotely close.

>American programmers

Because they function as Pajeet wranglers. One American programmer can oversee dozens of Pajeets.

Because we carry the world on our backs. No one else matters.

If you're in the US, just jump ship every year. You'll get an easy 10-20% raise each jump. But for you you could just go into consulting and start making like 60k for a little worse benefits. Do that for a year and then start looking for full time

I'm a programmer in Europe in one of the poorer countries and I only make 25k € yearly with one year of experience. It's odd to me how much more americans earn.
While true that cost of living is way higher, stuff like consumer goods, cars and digital services are not scaled, so at the end of the month americans have way more money to spend on stuff.

Why do you keep spamming this thread?

Why does everyone still keep falling for it?

Attached: 1528269261053.jpg (604x603, 70K)

only tier 1 company pay 300k+, the rest's salary is normalized with poos

t. poorfag

Because They Are All White Supremecists Who MAGA! ALL HAIL DRUMPF AND HIS NEW SOLUTION TO ALL OUR PROBLEMS!

HAIL TRUMP!

Attached: 1529150410245.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

They are not even the best in the continent.

You need to know a lot more than BFS to survive even a half at Google, son. Being a good engineer takes a lot of different skills. Programming prowess is only a small fraction.

well their women get more black dicks than anyone in the world aside from Africa. So I guess that salary is necessary to cover expenses on his children and Tyrone's.

EXPLAIN THIS!

Attached: programmers.png (1432x568, 56K)

>Why are American programmers so highly paid?
US has by far the largest tech companies in the world, followed by East Asia. There's also a shit ton of VC money flowing into startups. Demand for good developers leads to more competition and increased salaries.

Attached: venture2.png (828x759, 63K)

devop is a meme