Alternatives to smartphones?

I'm looking to get rid of my botnet phone, but I still need a portable musicplayer and some other small utilities (potentially a messaging system)

Could I make something like that with a demoboard or something? are there any pre-existing products?

I've considered having something that connects to my laptop with bluetooth, and then my laptop can handle getting messages and whatnot

Attached: pizero.jpg (1748x1080, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackaday.io/project/19035-zerophone-a-raspberry-pi-smartphone
m.gsmarena.com/nokia_8110_4g-9089.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dumbphone for dumbass.

Yeah but I really like having a musicplayer than can store 64gb+ of music

hackaday.io/project/19035-zerophone-a-raspberry-pi-smartphone
Although from what you've said it sounds like you could just use a pda

Get a blackberry, fag

A not so dumbphone then. I'm pretty sure latest dumbphones are music players already. But in all honesty just buy a throwaway smartphone. One that you spoof to high heaven.

Get an old iPod and a feature phone.

guess I could, but I think I like more control and stuff because autism

Flip phones can do that nowadays. Sorry for ruining your dream of being a special snowflake that needed a special hacker device. Won't even need any soldering. That was your wet dream wasn't it? To be able to tell people you weren't on the botnet and were so cool you needed a super special one of a kind device that your older brother's wife would just HAVE to respect you for.

Sorry.

i did see this while i was looking around, kinda like it, but they did a kind of retarded job of it, far too bulky and impractical

surely you could make something similar but slimmer?

not trying to be edgy, although I can see how you go to that conclusion

just trying to distance myself from traditional smartphones because I feel as though i have developed unhealthy habits

Smartphones ain't the problem. Just delete all social media and read a good book.

>I still need a portable musicplayer and some other small utilities (potentially a messaging system)
Grab an old iPod or a Clip+ with Rockbox. If desperate, resort to a Chinkshit dedicated music player.

Ok nigger, then just take your regular phone and have your stepdad put parental controls on it since you don't have any fucking self control.
problem solved

>When you're tired of the botnet but can't afford an iPhone

hey man no need to be rude I'm just trying to make a change and better myself

can you say the same?

But if you have a phone number and you use 2 factor authentication, can't NSA just get verizon to send them your authentication codes? Assuming any of your passwords aren't already compromised by NSA backdoors?

Get a dumbphona and a DAP. As for your query yeah get a gprs adapter and with right setup you can send and recieve SMS on your raspberry pi or any other demo board.

honestly this is less about getting out of the botnet than it is about getting away from the bad psychological effects of smartphones

I generally dont use my phone for 2factor, also not in the US, the isps here are a bit less shitty

You know that they decrypted that terrorists iphone, right? And you still don't think iphone is botnetted?

>learn C
>Make Embedded Device
>Use VOIP on Embedded device
>...
>Profit

try finding something with kaios on it

hf radio

m.gsmarena.com/nokia_8110_4g-9089.php

Just do it like we did back in the day and get yourself whatever shit candybar phone + an ipod.

its an option

is there any good musicplayers with a decent amount of storage? i was looking but they are all like 16gb which is ridiculously low

Honestly, check this smart feature phone out. 3.5mm, 64gb mSD, 4G, BT, GPS, WLAN, $89.

Have a (You) my friend

>projecting this hard

>I want a smart phone but no smartphone

God this board is shit.

their delta board seems better than the pi desu
the pi has nothing phone related built in which is a power-hunger issue. honestly
can't make slimmer and make it take-apart able and easily assembled. you'd have to have a custom board (which they now have) that's perfectly flat, with a custom frame to in case it all

I cancelled my phone service 5 months ago. I have yet to go out to anywhere that didn't have wifi available. worst case scenario I have to login to comcast or cox user to use their wifi which is virtually everywhere. however all wal marts, home depots, lowe's, and nearly every other decently sized store has wifi. I can connect to any of them without issues.

any phone with networking components removed. dumb fuck.

Maybe the easier route would be to get a device that supports that GNU approved android fork?
I mean, I guess it still counts as a smartphone. But if it's good enough to get the aproval of those autistic people, then it's good enough for me.

rekt

But many of those dumbphones use same system as smartphone so why bother

His ancestors are smiling at him.

Recommendations for good chinkshit player?

I just looked on eBay. A 32gb player can be had for $1 to $6, no mem included. 64 for $25, no mem

Attached: piphone-raspberry-pi-phone-.jpg (1036x554, 129K)