You wake up one day and your water cooler's pump has died

You wake up one day and your water cooler's pump has died.
What do you do?

It's not a fan you can just replace yourself immediately.

Attached: 206766.10f97e7a1e6f8200916d9407ff04d35c.1600[1].jpg (1600x900, 131K)

Buy a new computer

Attached: watercoolers.jpg (629x441, 94K)

Install Gentoo

Pump the water out, dismantle all that shit and install a fan. Water cooling is stupid.

Probably disconnect all power, drain the power supply capacitors, drain the water and replace the pump. If any water spills its not really a big deal since there's no power, just dry it or let it dry for a couple days with a fan blowing on it.

Or you know, just panic and destroy all my shit

Wonder why my D14 suddenly got replaced with a shitty AIO.

It looks pretty but no one has ever seen my computer.

buy a new AIO water cooler because im not poor

Does the D14 bend your motherboard?

I won't wake up to that. Not stupid enough for watercooling.

No.

>It's not a fan you can just replace yourself immediately.
you underestimate our autism

God, I hate Kyle's clickbait shit so much

This is why I'm happy to still have my swiftech h240x in my loop. If my main pump fails, the one built in the swiftech unit is more than capable of keeping the flow going. Redundancy.

Are there any liquids out there you can use that have low conductivity or are resistors?

>youtubers don’t know how to do cooling loops
In other news water is wet, just like their components

What is the actual benefit of water cooling?

You get lower temperatures I suppose

I don't think it's a very significant difference.

for both AIO and custom loop: moving the heat away from the heat source before dissipating to air - this can be advantageous in small cases or where you want to do something away from the case

for custom loops only: you can have a MUCH bigger radiator than you can an air cooler.
A dual stack air cooler like a noctua D14/D15 is as good as a 240/280 radiator since they're essentially the same thing, just one is using gravity to move a fluid to the fin stacks and another a pump.
Where custom loops really get interesting are 360/420/480/560mm radiators even 3x3 120mm rads (9/18 fans!)
That's what water is good for in a practical sense.

Otherwise, some people think AIOs and the like look prettier than air coolers.

Jokes on you, I have an extra set just like how I have extra fans and air coolers sitting around for emergencies.

Ordering another fan online would take a day or two with prime shipping anyways. Which would be the same amount of time as ordering another AIO.

You could use 3M Fluorinert FC-3283 as a coolant.
Non conductive or corrosive to metals.

You'd need to use copper or PEX tubing though (no clear acrylic tubing for soft black tubing, it'll eat it over time) and no acrylic on any of the waterblocks or reservoir (delrin is fine)
But if you went a full copper route, it'd never gunk up like treated water (99.99% of 'pc coolant') if the system ever leaked it's all non conductive (although if you leave it long enough it could discolor the print on a pcb - aesthetic damage only though)

There isn't one really. Its all aesthetics.

The amount you spend on a water cooling setup has next to no returns in actual performance. Even if it let's you clock .2 ghz higher compared to an air setup you paid at least a hundred and probably more for that .2ghz.

It is far better to get a decent air cooler and upgrade parts with the money instead. ALWAYS better. Hell some air coolers outperform some AIO anyway.

Attached: ff.jpg (603x602, 50K)

>Hell some air coolers outperform some AIO anyway.

You'll never get sponorship shekels with a statement like that user.

Attached: silver arrow.jpg (300x300, 19K)