First Desktop

Hey anons, my non custody holding father has offered to get me a desktop but the catch is he gave me no parameters to work with an every build I show him he instantly shoots down. I have no experience with any of this and have tried researching but I don’t have any tech savvy friends to help me out. Pic is most recent iteration I’ve submitted to him. If it’s good, I’d like to know what I should say to back it up because he just says it’s wrong. If it is wrong, what can I do to make it better? Thanks for your time mates, I appreciate it.

Attached: 2880FBE5-D087-48E9-A463-F528A4CC0F5A.jpg (750x1334, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZVTTzY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here’s the second half of the build ^

Attached: B03993F5-EBC7-45D0-AA91-813BB73BD1B4.jpg (750x1334, 184K)

Read the sticky, new friend.

>>>/pcbg/
logicalincrements.com/

>FX-9590
>8GB
What year is it?

Thanks man!!!

Don't use that case. I have it and it was a mistake.

>buying windows
>using a water cooler

There's a very good reason he keeps shooting that shit down

Why would you use Windows?

I was aware that there’s a great chance that it is utter shit. I am new to this and have no fucking clue what I’m doing aside from what the internet says to do. The thing that sorta bugs me is he doesn’t give any feed back other than “That’s bad, go fix it.” So after that I’m just as clueless and a bit more discouraged.

>FX instead of Ryzen
No, just don't.

>buying windows
Jesus fuck, stop wasting money
>WD
>RX 580 with a shitty FX processor

CPU and mobo are incompatible.

1).Don't get armor cards.
2).Don't buy windows.
3).Get a ryzen instead of fx
4). Don't buy a water cooler

I don't know what you'll be using your computer for, but the i3-8350k and 8300 are amazing for gaming and better than any ryzen at the same pricepoint, and simply annihilates any and all FX processors.
If you just want a general purpose desktop a G5600 or even G4560 will do a simply fantastic job despite being 2c/4t and their integrated GPUs will handle anything non-3D.
2200G and 2400G ryzens are completely unnecessary and just a waste of money, you get an underachieving processor and completely inadequate GPU - too expensive for HTPC and shit for gaming.

Attached: Untitled.png (1209x719, 49K)

intel shill

don't listen to this retard

you have to be 18 years or older to post on Jow Forums

>the i3-8350k and 8300 are amazing for gaming and better than any ryzen at the same pricepoint
Yeah, especially for spectre, it goes blazing fast.

What's technically wrong:
An FX9590(AM3+) CPU will not fit a X470(AM4) motherboard.
What's technically a bad decision:
Buying low speed DDR4 for Ryzen, assuming you will change the FX to a Ryzen.
An AIO cooler of any sort. Get a beefy air cooler.
No SSDs on the system. There should be one for the OS.
What's financially a bad decision:
Since your build is budget-oriented, get a 1600/2600(X), a B350/450 Mortar(Best VRMs for B350/450), some fast(er) (≥2933MHz) RAM and a Cryorig/CM heatpipe cooler.

Time to appreciate your mom's ex-husband famalamadingdong

>buying AMD Cpu's
Enjoy your shit performance

I was going to pick up that AiO a few weeks back when it was on sale for 20 dollars just because of the price, but the reviews said it's shoddy and loud. Instead of buying junk that will probably fail just get an air cooler.

This is bait right? Water cooling on an amd fx? 8 gb of ram? What the fuck is this moronic shit.

Don't be retarded. There's noticeable slowdowns with worse CPUs

>fx
>AM4 motherboard
Shit nigger, this has to be b8

> fx in 2k18
Shit bait

I have basically the same build only my mobo is the x370 one and my CPU is Ryzen 5 1600x and i'm not a retard so i have an M.2 SSD like a good goyim and a GTX 1060 6GB cuz i spent all my money on LED fans, LED strips and that shitty ML240L cooler

what's wrong with armor cards? i was thinking of getting one when the next gen of Nvidia(tm) rolls out
Also what's wrong with that AIO? I use it and it's pretty gud, overclocked my Ryzen 1600 to 4.15 GHz

>“That’s bad, go fix it.”
Based dad making his faggot son learn shit.

Attached: 1531872405184.jpg (1016x651, 149K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZVTTzY

Try something along these lines. This isn't the most optimal setup but it is a good starting point.

FX-9590 is an absolute housefire, and it's not all that fast either. Don't let the big numbers on its specs fool you. There's a thing called IPC ("Instructions Per Clock") and the 9590's is horrific. It also runs extremely hot. Check out the AMD Ryzen CPUs. They perform a lot better, and they run pretty cool so the cooler that comes with them is sufficient.

You will immediately regret not having a solid-state drive. Mechanical hard drives are extremely slow in comparison. To put it into perspective for you: the time it takes my laptop to boot up went from 45 seconds to 5 seconds by switching to a cheap SSD. Install windows and all your applications and stuff on the SSD, then put your files, music, games, etc. on the HDD.

Anyway, I'm gonna guess you're gaming based on your parts list. Pic related would be my suggestion for you at around $1000. You're getting a newer, faster CPU, a roughly equivalent GPU, double the RAM, and an SSD. Note that there's no CPU cooler- the Ryzen 5 comes with a cooler that works great for its needs, so you save 60 bucks by not having to buy a separate cooler.

Also, don't buy win10 like that. If you have to pay for windows, buy a shitty old laptop with win7/10 on it off of ebay. Win7 OEM keys work for windows 10, so you can just use the key off the bottom of that laptop to register windows on your new computer, and it will cost you 50 bucks instead of 100.

fuck, forgot pic

Attached: build.png (1140x715, 71K)

>TUF X470 Plus
No. According to buildzoid and other sources the TUF Gaming(X470 and B450) uses the same components as the cheapest Asus B350/450 board so he may as well go for that one. The B350/B450 Mortar and Pro Carbon from MSI have better VRMs than that abomination.

Other choices are pretty decent though.

Install Gentoo

This is bait, right?

Especially when pcpartpicker lists the C6H as 173 dollars, which have way superior VRMs which can deliver around 3 times the theoretical current output.

>my non custody holding father
>father

You need to be 18+ years old to use this website.

>You immediately don't have a father anymore once you turn 18

Attached: 1533304861347.jpg (508x379, 35K)

please tell me OP isn't bait, I just want to help a newfag in need

(me)
(me)
update: replace the motherboard in the pic I posted earlier with a Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming. The VRM (the thing that provides power to the CPU) isn't meant for overclocking, but it's slightly-better-than-entry-level and it will be fine for your purposes.
If you have some extra cash, drop it on an Asus Crosshair 6 Hero, for all intents and purposes it's the best AM4 motherboard out there.

huh, interesting. Thanks for letting me know desu. I have never owned a TUF mobo, but I've owned a couple Asus boards (some cheap ITX one for a HTPC, as well as a Crosshair V Formula) and I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with both. Asus has by far the best BIOS of any manufacturer I've used (gigabyte's BIOS is shit btw). I'll make sure to stay away from the TUF boards, or at least that one.

The main reason I told OP to get an X470 board is that it guarantees he won't have to update his BIOS in order to get his CPU to work properly. Seeing as he's clearly not experienced with that stuff, it's probably worth the extra cash to avoid dealing with BIOS updates. I would have suggested the Crosshair board, but I wanted to keep the price at around $1000 since that's already decently higher than the price of OP's build.

Of course you could listen to these guys instead and buy a ryzen 1500 or something instead (cheaper but needs way more expensive RAM).
Then you won't even run runescape smoothly or any single core game on 1080+p.

Face it, benchmarks show it, games run better on 4 fast cores with smart cache with no latency, than on 6-8 slower cores and piss for cache.

Show me a benchmark where any intel CPU outperforms any AMD cpu with a fucking RX 580

look buddy, you can get a used workstation with an i5 or i7 3rd gen, those fucks are fast and nice for gayming still. You will only need a better PSU, a new SSD, monitor keyboard mouse, and the graphics card. Plug and play. But I'm not sure about the graphic card, indagate yourself if you can plug that into an old mobo, get something like a GTX1080ti or I don't know what the fuck, I would not get anything more than a GTX950, I would only play 720p and still would be good for password cracking I guess. Heck the only reason I will even make a SLI setup of GTX1080ti is to crack passwords/mine bitcoin

Is this any good? I'm trying to use that LI website but I keep getting a 101 conflicting opinions

Attached: file.png (634x627, 69K)

repalce that noctune with a non-meme cooler and get 2x8Gb ram.

Do I really need 2x8gb? I only really play games

>8600k
>GTX 1060
why

1. You're looking at an obsolete processor. You don't pay money for obsolete hardware. You pull it out of a dumpster.

2. Since you're buying a better, cooler processor, you won't need a $60 AIO.

3. Your motherboard doesn't support that processor anyway. The X470 supports Ryzen.

4. Ryzen likes faster memory. Bump that stuff up to 3200.

5. Sure. You probably want an SSD too, but the HDD for bulk storage is a good idea.

6. Sure.

7. Sure.

8. You're missing a power supply.

9. Download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft. Install that. Buy a key from Kinguin.

Just submit the same build to him over and over again until he gives in. Then again, if he is such a fucking expert, have him pick it!