WAYBACK MACHINE IS COMPROMISED

SITES ALSO BLOCK ARCHIVE.FO

MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS ALTERING ARCHIVED SITES

Attached: GoebbelsWaybackMachine.jpg (1484x3097, 1.57M)

Does anyone really give a shit? This seems like something either normies or Jow Forumsfags would care about. Its not even really tech related, and the NY times can do what ever they want on their website. People can choose to either read or not read it.

Attached: 88a.png (215x215, 9K)

oy vey shut it down

t. revisionist faggot
Let me just edit your post in warosu and make your post claim that you suck dicks

this
also, headlines change repeatedly based on the number of clicks they get. one might have been more "marketable" than the other but the worse one got archived.

What a fucking idiot, did you read what the Asian woman that went to the NYT posted?

Don't read the NY times, if you're so concerned about the NY times doing things you don't want them to do. Its not that hard.

NYT has, of course, every right to change their own content - but that's not the point.
The point is that Wayback Machine retroactively changed the archived version which should never happen.

this isn't about ny times you fucking kike it's about wayback rewriting something for them to support a political agenda

nice attempt at misdirection you shill
this has nothing to do with NYT and everything to do with archive.org revising history so it fits the narrative

stay on Jow Forums with your uneducated banter

It's entirely possible that news sites are doing what they've been doing for a long time now:
Delivering different content to different users. One of the reasons that companies want to snoop on you so much is so that they can change what reality they present to you based on the data they collect from you. It's just this is evidence that they're not just picking and choosing from content that you're allowed to see, but having several versions of the same content to cater to different audiences.

Jow Forums as usual is making a mountain out of a different mountain that is far more sinister, but harder to understand but has bigger ramifications.
Long story short; Jow Forums is reacting to something fictional so they can ignore real problems.

So? Its not your website. Its not your story. And none of this really matters. There are bigger problems to solve than race issues. Earth is an interesting planet full of problems that don't matter.

Pointing to a fucking pol thread, fuck off

see
This is a tech board, not some faggy Jow Forums board. Fuck off and go back to your daycare board.

>i-it doesn't matter!
>look the other way go- I mean guy

Attached: 1509632274613.jpg (320x241, 19K)

the only one who doesn't belong is shills like you

Attached: 1521064815522.png (768x768, 218K)

dubs of indubitable-ness

I feel sorry for people that concern themselves with lives of others. It doesn't even affect you. Did NY times rape your mom? Was Rosanne your childhood wet dream? Why does this matter? You don't have to use either of those services.

>Long story short; Jow Forums is reacting to something fictional so they can ignore real problems.
Jow Forums....
Jow Forums never changes

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Jashin-chan Dropkick - 02 [720p]_00:04:10_03.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Great. Jow Forums has officially ruined Jow Forums. Off to lain!

>It doesn't even affect you.
It affects everyone.
If we don't stop the history revisionists, one day you'll wake up and everything you know will be wrong.

Attached: 1488658249712.png (246x205, 9K)

SAGE

This sounds about right, and is comforting if it means that archives are still uncompromised. I think this would be bad enough that it would be good to verify, though - which would require someone to load the non-archived blurb again, or someone to verify that the archived version always had the alternate blurb, so might be hard.

Is there any evidence that the wayback machine ever had the version you claim it did?

>Rosie Ol Donnald Said a racial joke
>It affects everyone
When will this generation mature? Its like its cool to care about things that don't matter.

essentially a "who watches the watchmen" problem. we need the way-way back machine

>totalitarian regime comes to power
>state-printed history books suddenly changed so they claim that glorious dictator's dynasty has always ruled the country and the people loved it
>but it's ok, it's their publishing, they can print what they want :^^)
this is how retarded you sound

I like how you're trying every possible way to distract from the central point - that Wayback Machine retroactively changed content to fit the current narrative.

So again, how is this tech related? None of this matters, but I guess if you need something to cry about, go ahead. But why on Jow Forums?

Literally who uses way back machine? I never even heard of that site til you Jow Forumsfags made this gay thread.

>this is how retarded you sound
these people are way past any self-awareness

the state of newfags

Attached: 1415673649860.jpg (254x321, 8K)

Retard Jow Forums poster. Twitter uses HTML META description tags to get a description on the article. It's not the first text under the image on the webpage itself. Fucking remove yourself of this board forever because you're not tech literate. Stay spouting shit over at your containment board. The wayback machine never changed anything, you're just retarded.

Attached: image.jpg (750x173, 95K)

[No evidence]
There's evidence to say that the current version of the article has changed.

Can you fucking stop talking about off topic shit? Nobody gives a single fuck about who said what. This thread is about the wayback machine potentially complying with requests to change data for no particular reason (i.e. not due to the law).

It could have been A/B testing, and I hope it was, because then your shitty arguments about "why do you care about NYT" will actually be valid. But if OP is actually right, then that's a much bigger problem. If anyone can call up the archivers and be like "hey, I edited my website, can you edit the archive too so they match?" and they fucking do it, then it defeats the entire fucking point of an archive. This is regardless of whether they do it only for websites they like, or only for edits that benefit some political agenda, or indiscriminately for everyone - in all cases the integrity of the archive is compromised.

>I never even heard of that site til you Jow Forumsfags made this gay thread.
then stop posting and start lurking you fucking newfag

OP is not right though, that's the big problem. IT's clear to people with more than two braincells that the archive has NOT changed.

literally the threads in OP you moron

>calls someone a newfag
>cant find Jow Forums
Goddamn. I hate Jow Forumsfags more than normies.

See

isn't it just possible they put something different in the og tags?

Since what shows up in the twitter preview is a different tag if I remember correctly, while the highlighted thing is a subheading which doesn't have to be used in the twitter feed.

>No evidence
>posting it on Jow Forums not Jow Forums
>Believing everything you read online
Its like, why have a brain if you can't use it? This is why I'm pro-abortion. You people would not exist.

>and the NY times can do what ever they want on their website.
The NY times publishes works by journalists. They, unlike you and I, have specific protections and rights conferred by their position to the things they publish. These protections are not free and come with responsibilities. If there were no requirements placed on the journalist to be honest, unbiased and transparent, then shield laws wouldn't exist. Retroactively editing publications after the fact without informing the public leads to one set of individuals seeing one publication and another set of individuals the other. Trump is rightfully shit on by publications like the NYT for phrases like 'alternative facts' - retroactive modification of published works is just another part of that wedge.

This is wrong, this is bad, and this will bite everyone hard when the NYT is sued for libel by an individual and settle to 'undo' their publication and all records of it.

>These protections are not free and come with responsibilities.
And who enforces these responsibilities, hmm?

Jow Forums, this is why everyone thinks you're retarded. You scream over the hills that there's censorship and history is being rewritten and the white race is being murdered and then your evidence is a bunch of screenshots from god knows where that show an intense ignorance of what the screenshots are actually of.

This probably.

So is this tech related? Do you really need me to hold your hand and explain this to you?

Don't bother, it's/pol/ they see what they want to see even if they are too retarded to get how technology works. already pointed out that you're right user. OP is just brainwashed as he continues to spout lies.

S T O P P O S T I N G. R E P O R T.
T
O
P

P
O
S
T
I
N
G

R
E
P
O
R
T

>ITT: OP thought Jow Forums would care about his shitty thread that retards on Jow Forums believe without any real conviction.

And this is why we made an entire board called Jow Forums. It separates retards from everyone else.

Individual states.

The legal components less-so - there's certainly a discussion about whether things on the internet are legally safe to archive in the way the internet archive do. But there's a lot of scope in the direction of technical solution towards preventing or identifying modification.

Dude, this is Jow Forums. We already know the internet is 90% bullshit. You don't have to tell us that. You are on the wrong board. Most regulars here know to not rely on anything posted on a website. Anyone can make up anything. Your thread is ass and you know it. Please go back to your shitty Jow Forums board where people are stupid enough to care.

>Individual states.
I meant which office.
Because in practice it seems all the newspaper has to do is to print an apology a few weeks later and maybe pay some money if they lose court, and that's it. But the damage from the malicious article is already done because that's what people will remember.
So if the newspaper has a rich political sponsor (hint: they all do), then it's not an issue to them at all. Looks to me like the state can't really do anything about it.

It's Jow Forums, anything that even slightly crosses their agenda is joo conspiracy and everything that supports them is the truth, the full truth and the absolute truth.

I'm far more confused why they would remove that comment. It seems like any other generic caption. What's the big deal with saying racism will cost them?

They didn't. It's just OP being retarded. And yes, the comment isn't different from what the description says.

Again. This. Is. The. Wrong. Fucking. Board. And it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect anyone except those that are stupid enough to care about it.

You Jow Forumsfags make door knobs look like scholars.

>cross posting from Jow Forums

Attached: tin foil hoplite.jpg (736x969, 173K)

>using n*rmies unironically

What banter? Did someone from Jow Forums hurt you in the past, tranny?

Not him, but OP posts allegations that the waybackmachine is compromised, this thread isn't made for open discussion, it's already a "fact" according to OP. Even when OP got called out as being a retard since it's claim's base is faulty.

hand-rubbing intensifies.

No it hasn't. I think this is very relevant and Jow Forums, and I just got here. If anything has ruined this board it's someone like you trying to derail threads by discussing wether they should even be here instead of staying on topic. Even if OP is wrong it's relevant to have the thread and establish that. If Op is right however...

We're discussing the state of the Intertubes
>The. Wrong. Fucking. Board.
For you

Not him, but OP is wrong, already been debunked in this thread.

You imbecile. Twitter takes the description from the website's description, not from the article. The article hasn't changed, it's just that the description of the article and the article itself use a different phrase to describe something.
You stupid mongrel. Go back to your designated shitposting board.

Attached: 1517064998054-g.jpg (500x481, 72K)